Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    5.2 Dream changes

    Dream Changes:
    • Remove the Obliterate damage bonus from Might of the Frozen Wastes and the Frost Strike damage bonus from Threat of Thassarian.
    • Increase Frost Strike-damage by 30% and Obliterate-damage by 10% for Frost passively. Let Obliterate ignore 15% armor per diseases on the target.
    • Add a new short-CD dps ability. Not for a dps increase, but to make our rotation more fun.

    2h is weak on heavy armor but very strong versus light armor. DW is quite good against heavy and light armor, but not so good as 2h versus light armor. DW is a lot better versus heavy armor (espesially holy paladins).
    Something like this (mentioned in the list above) would make both DW and 2h good against all classes. The new Might of the Frozen Wastes and Threat of Thassarian since MOP is the most stupid change Blizzard ever made. I feel forced to DW when i want to use 2h.
    Our rotation is also very simple and boring. MoP simplified it even more. A new short-CD skill would be great for a more exciting rotation.

  2. #2
    The Patient Chakra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden.
    Posts
    304
    I currently have windows of ~3 seconds with nothing to press when runes and horn is on cd and rp is sub 30. I'd be very happy if they'd increase the proc chance on Runic Empowerment from 45% to ~55%.
    "I don't have a complete healing set yet, but I am healing capped and MP5 capped, so I'm good."

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
    I currently have windows of ~3 seconds with nothing to press when runes and horn is on cd and rp is sub 30. I'd be very happy if they'd increase the proc chance on Runic Empowerment from 45% to ~55%.
    Then they'd need to increase Blood Tap's and Runic Corruption's returns as well. Not to mention, statistically speaking, going from 45% to 55% on RE would still not fix those 3 second downtimes, it'd just make them less frequent to an extent where you'd still notice them.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-01-01 at 09:24 PM.

  4. #4
    "weak against heavy armor"
    "weak against light armor"

    For starters, it would be great to start balancing classes around the content that matters (PvE) instead of the one that doesn't.

    Infracted. Do not start PvP vs PvE debates
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-01 at 09:45 PM.

  5. #5
    I would love to see them getting rid of plaque strike for Frost DKs for good and instead ad a forth interesting rotational Skill which I actually like to use and let obliberate get its bonus only from Frostfever.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    32,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    I would love to see them getting rid of plaque strike for Frost DKs for good and instead ad a forth interesting rotational Skill which I actually like to use and let obliberate get its bonus only from Frostfever.
    What rotational skill would you feel would adequately replace Plague (not plaque) Strike? If it's just another strike, it doesn't really change anything. Besides, with Soul Reaper we have a more interesting and varied rotation sub 35% than we used to.

    I wouldn't mind the Oblit change so we're equal against heavy and light armor. It's been really annoying to know that while I can bring down paladins and warriors in 2s and 3s, I'm not nearly as good as it as my mage or warrior buddy.



  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    What rotational skill would you feel would adequately replace Plague (not plaque) Strike? If it's just another strike, it doesn't really change anything. Besides, with Soul Reaper we have a more interesting and varied rotation sub 35% than we used to.

    I wouldn't mind the Oblit change so we're equal against heavy and light armor. It's been really annoying to know that while I can bring down paladins and warriors in 2s and 3s, I'm not nearly as good as it as my mage or warrior buddy.
    That's why we have to use DW vs heavy armor and 2h vs light armor.

    Terrible design, but we have to live with it... for now...

    I'm forced to DW. i miss cata 2h frost with strong Frost Strike so much!

  8. #8
    My dream change:

    Remove the RNG from our resource regeneration without the needed extra button to manage it even more.

  9. #9
    Strangulate - No rune cost and off the GCD

    Icebound Fortitude - Should be 50% damage reduction for 12 seconds for all 3 specs

    Remorseless Winter - Put in a major glyph that reduces the stun charge up time to 3 stacks (like the glyph shamans have for capacitor totem)



    It would be nice to see UH a bit closer to Frost. I feel this could be achieved quite easily through buffing death coil and minor disease damage buffs.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Strangulate - No rune cost and off the GCD

    Icebound Fortitude - Should be 50% damage reduction for 12 seconds for all 3 specs

    Remorseless Winter - Put in a major glyph that reduces the stun charge up time to 3 stacks (like the glyph shamans have for capacitor totem)



    It would be nice to see UH a bit closer to Frost. I feel this could be achieved quite easily through buffing death coil and minor disease damage buffs.
    No.

    Should have no RP cost and 35% damage reduction. 50% would be too much.

    No more disarm please.
    An alternative to disarm for a better physical damage defence tool:

    Hypethermia (some name)
    Some cost mabye.
    Some CD mabye (same as AMS)
    Freezing the oppnment, increasing the time between their attacks by 100%, coldown of abilities by 3 sec and global coldown by 1 sec. Lasts 10 sec.

    This would give us a good tool against espesially warriors but also other melees.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    I would love to see them getting rid of plaque strike for Frost DKs for good and instead ad a forth interesting rotational Skill which I actually like to use and let obliberate get its bonus only from Frostfever.
    cause getting perma death runes and deleting blood strike was good design right? Frost is still a wotlk spec stuck in cata/mop rules and as much as I still play it...It plain out sucks. It doesnt work and SHOULD have been fixed going into mop and getting rid of the perma death runes that was a crappy band-aid fix in 4.1.

  12. #12
    We need some defense against disarms, burning a trinket on it results in an obvious death if the team is smart enough. Dancing in place spamming auto attacks during 8 sec results into a useless partner. Still waiting on a pvp runeforge, i don't want to slot a tank one for pvp'ing because of disarms...

    Strangulate should be like every other silence, off GCD and cost nothing. Still don't know why they let us like that for so long. Same for IBF having a cost, can't recount how many times i was like 1 or so RP away from using it and died into some stun combos (i know i could have monitored my rp, but sometimes u can't).

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    We need some defense against disarms, burning a trinket on it results in an obvious death if the team is smart enough. Dancing in place spamming auto attacks during 8 sec results into a useless partner. Still waiting on a pvp runeforge, i don't want to slot a tank one for pvp'ing because of disarms...

    Strangulate should be like every other silence, off GCD and cost nothing. Still don't know why they let us like that for so long. Same for IBF having a cost, can't recount how many times i was like 1 or so RP away from using it and died into some stun combos (i know i could have monitored my rp, but sometimes u can't).
    We shouldnt have to micromanage RP for a defensive cooldown. we already have to micromanage too much so much QOL issued need fixing...and they keep throwing salt in the wound of saying oh we listened to you in the wotlk beta and look what happened as their excuse...its pathetic.

  14. #14
    I think the cost of ibf is okay honestly. It breaks a stun and you should be watching your rp to make sure you always have 20 for that moment. It would be incredibly overpowered and the opponent would feel they can never stun you knowing you will always have an out for their stun if you havn't used it. Good players will watch your rp and stun you when they see you are below 20 rp.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Dream Changes:
    • Remove the Obliterate damage bonus from Might of the Frozen Wastes and the Frost Strike damage bonus from Threat of Thassarian.
    • Increase Frost Strike-damage by 30% and Obliterate-damage by 10% for Frost passively. Let Obliterate ignore 15% armor per diseases on the target.
    • Add a new short-CD dps ability. Not for a dps increase, but to make our rotation more fun.
    I especially agree with the first two things on your list. I very much like "wanting" to use KM on Frost Strike; That game play feels right.

    I also have the answer to spicing up our rotation: I would prefer to have Rime proc another ability other than Howling Blast. An ability that is only available through Rime. Whether it is a Strike or a ranged spell matters less to me. If it were a Strike, it would need to be at least half Frost damage. This ability would hit hard, so we would get excited when it popped up. And it would be usable with Killing Machine instead of Obliterate. This is what I want to see.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevz View Post
    I think the cost of ibf is okay honestly. It breaks a stun and you should be watching your rp to make sure you always have 20 for that moment. It would be incredibly overpowered and the opponent would feel they can never stun you knowing you will always have an out for their stun if you haven't used it. [...]
    It's a 3 min CD, unless glyph slotted but then the dmg reduction is not wanted. You already can trinket a "lot" of stuns with it glyphed. Cost won't change that.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    It's a 3 min CD, unless glyph slotted but then the dmg reduction is not wanted. You already can trinket a "lot" of stuns with it glyphed. Cost won't change that.
    I do agree the cd is a bit long for only 20%. I wish it was 2 minutes and the glyph made it 1 minute. Currently in arena i dont even have to trinket anything in 3's unless it goes for a long time. Desecrated grounds with lich and ibf is really strong. I actually have more problems with boomkin solar beam/vortex combo than melee comps.

  18. #18
    Make Soul Reaper cost RP instead of runes.

    Make Frost strike more interactive - turn it into a whirlwind, give it a dot or a slow, or even a pop up for fun.

    If not, then give us another RP based ability that does have a gimmick.

    I feel like the Rune-based spec is not really using enough Runic Power. I mean we obviously have additional ways of converting and thanks to cost adjustment, we have ways of retaining it. Conversion gives us an option but it doesn't really fit with the theme of the spec.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    cause getting perma death runes and deleting blood strike was good design right? Frost is still a wotlk spec stuck in cata/mop rules and as much as I still play it...It plain out sucks. It doesnt work and SHOULD have been fixed going into mop and getting rid of the perma death runes that was a crappy band-aid fix in 4.1.
    Easy fix: Remove perma-Death Runes, make Obliterate cost BU instead of FU. This also makes DW and 2H both want to use HB and Ob.
    Unholy has an ability that uses its off-spec (not Unholy) runes. Blood has an ability that uses its off-spec (not Blood) runes. Both are used rotationally. Bring Obliterate into the new age.
    Call to arms, the trumpets sound
    Hand puppets storm the base, flags up now cannons rage
    All clowns head for the rear, slingshots fire to the air
    Toy horses start the charge, Robot chessmen standing guard
    Crossfire to the marionettes, Slip into the edge of death...

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Easy fix: Remove perma-Death Runes, make Obliterate cost BU instead of FU. This also makes DW and 2H both want to use HB and Ob.
    Unholy has an ability that uses its off-spec (not Unholy) runes. Blood has an ability that uses its off-spec (not Blood) runes. Both are used rotationally. Bring Obliterate into the new age.
    Ironically, Frost would then run into the same problem that we have with Unholy. Whenever we use Plague Strike, we would be left with single Blood Runes.

    I do like the idea of wanting to use our runes on HB and Obliterate. If Obliterate only required Frost Fever to do max damage, then maybe it would work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •