Poll: Class that has most potential

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    After warlocks , I'm thinking priests. Well shadow priests to be more exact , because of the path blizz is making them take ( or at least it looks like for me ) , meaning that their powers are Old Gods related. All are mind altering/atacking spells , tentacles! , sha fiend and sha are made from an old god etc .

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Gul'dan was a warlock, and he was so powerful that even his skull held enough residual power to transform Illidan from a (powerful) night elf to a demon who fought toe-to-toe with Arthas.
    Yea... so powerful that Illidan got embarrassingly defeated by a level 1 Arthas BEFORE he merged with the Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman

-'' Hey yeah elements? please obliterate this planet for me''

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Mages. Guardians of Tirisfal are the most powerful mortals in Azeroth. Aegwynn was able to defeat the avatar of Sargeras.
    Cept Sargeras' entire plan was to be "destroyed" (bad plan, makes so sense, but it was the plan). He let his avatar be defeated.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Shaman

-'' Hey yeah elements? please obliterate this planet for me''
    Only that the elementals don't do things for you, quite the contrary, such a circumstance would require epic amounts of begging and licking from the part of the shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Also, to reply in more depth to the person you quoted: Kael'thas probably wouldn't have been able to become a Paladin. The humble, self-sacrificing nature is almost necessary to be a Paladin and wield the power of the Light. So paradoxically, anyone who seeks out power for its own sake and aims to become strong by becoming a Paladin... Wouldn't be able to be a Paladin.
    The lore description of Blood Elf Paladins would like a paragraph full of words with you.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Cept Sargeras' entire plan was to be "destroyed" (bad plan, makes so sense, but it was the plan). He let his avatar be defeated.
    One possible reason to have that plan is if he knew his avatar couldn't defeat Aegwynn anyway. Destroying the Guardian would completely devastate Azeroth's defenses.

Deleted
    Shaman, Thrall is easily the most powerful orc that ever existed, and currently most powerful member of the normal races.

Eredar is not a normal race, it's just an artificially empowered version of Draenei, so they don't count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Shaman, Thrall is easily the most powerful orc that ever existed, and currently most powerful member of the normal races.

Eredar is not a normal race, it's just an artificially empowered version of Draenei, so they don't count.
    No. Draenei are Eredar who fled Argus. And what does artificially empowered mean? All empowerment comes from training or artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    While I'd usually Agree that Warlock is the most obvious choice, Tirion was strong enough to shut down the Lich King and forcibly resurrect a room full of people who were just "commanded to die." Worse yet, he's pretty old and never seemed to be that obssessed with increasing his power in the timeline that Wrath takes place in.

Imagine someone like Kaelthas had he chosen to become a Paladin instead of a very generalized Mage.
    1- The ghost of King Menethil (whom we help save during the fight), is who resurrects the roomful of people.

2- Tirion had Ashbringer, a weapon made from the life of a Naaru, whose sole purpose was destruction of the undead. Without it, he didn't stand a chance. This is seen pretty clearly in the Death Knight starting questline.

3- Arthas is "bound" by his father and the vengeful spirits that escape Frostmourne when Tirion shatters it using Ashbringer. Tirion or his weapon don't paralyze Arthas.

4- Not too sure if Tirion would be able to fight Kael if he were alive. Kael wasn't undead and his powers centered around raw magical energy rather than necromancy (which both paladins and the Ashbringer specialize against rather than mages).
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock.

A warlock is a mage to whom the power of the arcane did not suffice.
    That's why he turned to fel, the form of energy with the greatest potential for power in the warcraft universe. The price for that is that he gets corrupted and serves the legion.

This is a bit of a subjective thread so I'll put my opinion in.

I believe that it is either Warlock or Shadowpriest depending on how blizz evolves each class. In fact, Warlock use dark powers while Shadowpriests use dark spiritual abilities. However, priests are getting more and more old god skills and if they actually get sha abilities then they will additionally have dark powers in addition to their core abilities. If that is the case, then Shadowpriests turn out to be the most powerful class imo.

According to given lore, Warlocks may get a glimpse of the Sha essence while priests look into the reasoning behind it. That is when the OR in the first sentence stays.