Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Avoid the mouth altogether.http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...utt%20Chugging

But seriously, get help. Or a new job. Or both.

Get help. Drinking to get through the day is a sign of dependance and will lead to an alcohol issue. No matter what job you're doing, do the best you can. If I was being served my doughnuts by someone who is drunk, or I could smell the alcohol on them, I would report them to the employer...

Being drunk at work is unacceptable in my view.

I assume your job involves talking to people and I don't think you'll be able to hide the alcohol well, rofl.

As a recovering alcoholic I can spot these fools from a mile away. If I suspect they are intoxicated on the job, I will call them in to my office. There I will make my determination. If they are drunk, I fire them on the spot. Then again, it's only happened once.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtiiina View Post
    I want to start drinking whiskey in the car in the morning before work to make my day more tolerable. I need some suggestions of how to hide it. I'm very good at acting sober while drunk so that's not an issue, it's mostly the smell I'm worried about. If I use mouth wash in the car and then chew gum while I'm working will that be enough to cover up the scent of alcohol?

EDIT: I work at a minimum wage job selling donuts.... so it's not like I'm ruining my career or anything.
    Do you want to work with selling donuts for the rest of your life? Go ahead, drink yourself to death.

Do you ever want to work with something that you actually enjoy? Don't do it.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

I think a lot of people in this thread are being quite cold to someone who is clearly currently stuck in a bad job and needs a way to cope, possibly being an alcoholic.. The "kill yourself" comments in all forms are uncalled for, we don't need anymore "get a new job" comments, and while I wouldn't encourage what OP is doing, it is their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    everyone enjoys a reward for a hard days work ... which in this case is drinking alcohol ... honestly if you cant wait till the work is done before you require this rewards for yourself then my best advice is just dont bother working and be a drunk fool all day long...

if u cant wait a few hrs and the time it takes to get home to sit down and relax and reward yourself for a hard days work like most other normal individuals then just dont bother working man ... thats the answer your looking for right?

it doesnt matter what you work as if you require something to get you through the day and u cant wait for it then simply your an addict ...

there are a million people that are truly worse off then you that cope with it ... so what your looking for is a excuse to be a quitter ?
    Way to over think it bro! Pretty sure he is just looking to have a better time at his shitty work place,

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Why don't you try heroin? Doesn't smell at all and is far more effective.
    haha
    Thinking on drinking at work is just stupid. Some people got infracted to call you a retard (you realy are) but you are the one that should be.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-02 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    No offence but this is really the first step in the trip to becoming an alcoholic if you don't have control over your drinking.

Why do these threads even exist? Trust me, if you feel the need to drink whiskey in the morning before going to your min. wage job, you have bigger problems than your career.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I think a lot of people in this thread are being quite cold to someone who is clearly currently stuck in a bad job and needs a way to cope, possibly being an alcoholic.. The "kill yourself" comments in all forms are uncalled for, we don't need anymore "get a new job" comments, and while I wouldn't encourage what OP is doing, it is their choice.
    I think you need to realise what you are saying. This guy (if true) is trying to scam his boss and ruining the reputation of the store which could also possibly lead to more lay offs for people that do want to work. He might also be endangering people by being not focussed 100% at the job site and maybe even when driving to and from work.

Lastly he is also choosing the bum approach of getting drunk in stead of fixing what he needs to. Get a new job already if you dont like it. He works in a donut shop, how friggin stressfull and hard can it really be? And if it is really that boring, make it fun. Try to hit up every girl that comes through the doors, try to make the ultimate donut or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing can hide it, why even try, you might be able to try and mask it temporarily but if you start sweating and as the day goes on your body will naturally start to detoxify and people will smell it, regardless. Plus as you become more sober you will start to feel irritable and shitty, not something that goes well with a shit job.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

I want to start drinking whiskey in the car in the morning before work to make my day more tolerable. I need some suggestions of how to hide it. I'm very good at acting sober while drunk so that's not an issue, it's mostly the smell I'm worried about. If I use mouth wash in the car and then chew gum while I'm working will that be enough to cover up the scent of alcohol?

EDIT: I work at a minimum wage job selling donuts.... so it's not like I'm ruining my career or anything.
    Find a new job instead of disrespecting your employer turning up pissed.

I hope you get fired.

Deleted
    if your serious then
    Stop now, Dont even consider it.

Being the child of someone who would work from home and think nothing of drinking a half bottle of scotch a day I can tell you with 100% certainty it may make you feel better about yourself, but those around you will suffer.

10+ Year Old Account

Best way to hide being drunk at work?

Stop fucking going to work drunk. Frankly I hope a cop pulls you over and gives you a DWI if you're driving while drunk; I don't care how good you think you are at driving while drunk, you're not and you're a danger to yourself and others.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Eat citrus fruit - orange, grapefruit, lemon and then finish it up with a fruit-flavoured chewing gum.

you will never be able to hide the smell, because you are partly sweating it out. it's not only your breath. also, don't do it.

Yeah, as 100 have mentioned - get a new job, or get help.

If you realy want to drink to make your day easier you're at a bad spot. I hope you get cought to be honest

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 01:04 PM ----------

Or drink vodka, dosnt smell as much
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    OP, get some Halls and just suck on them during the day, those suckers keep your breath fresh.

Hide in with all the empty coffee mugs.

Think about it.