Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Island of Doctor Moreau

Cloud Atlas. An absolutely stunningly fantastic movie that didn't do well in the box office and no one seems to be watching it on Bluray/DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Dark City was really awesome, shame it didnt get more attention in its day.
    A good movie, I think one of the reasons for why it was overlooked was the fact that there was a massive matrix hype at the time.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Plunkett & Macleane.

alas, every reviewer in the world hated it, but I actually loved it for some reason.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    Cloud Atlas. An absolutely stunningly fantastic movie that didn't do well in the box office and no one seems to be watching it on Bluray/DVD.

I loved it too. I noticed a bit of weirdness in the movie though. Did you notice the composer's record that was sooooo good everyone that heard it loved it and had to listen to it, like this great masterpiece no one ever heard of.... Like the movie cloud atlas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    All of the Ip Man movies.
    This. I personally feel they're better than Bruce Lee movies.

Quote Originally Posted by kreserb View Post
    Fight club...
    WTF!?!?! What did I tell you when you first joined?

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

“Made” (2001) – Wriiten and Directed by Jon Favreau. Starring Jon Favreau, Vince Vaughn, Peter Falk and a many more. Was a movie made back around the time "Swingers" was being talked about. I just always loved how annoying Vince Vaughn's character was and if you have never seen it, go give it chance. Movie always cracked me up no matter how many times I watched it.

I saw the devil , that movie was disturbing but very good.

The skin that i live in disturbing movie once again , i almost puke on some scenes how disturbing it was.

Old boy . very good movie.
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

The road to perdition, if you haven't seen it. Look it up.

The prestige, great movie. Others I saw in the thread are cube and dark city. Also dorkness rising. I couldn't stop laughing when they used all the dead bards for cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I would like to take the opportunity and mention two of my favorite films - Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. If you like a comedic, romantic masterpiece with compelling, well-written characters and a plot that is the simplest ever, yet more riveting than any action film - and if you truly appreciate good acting, directing, writing and production, check out those two gems. The third installment, Before Midnight, is actually out now in the US, but I live in Denmark and we don't get it before August. It is my most anticipated film this year though.
    Even though I'm not much of a romantic film lover I'm mad about those two films and can't wait for Before midnight. Tape is also one of my favourites. Such "simple" films and yet such exquisite pieces of cinema.

Not sure if this belongs in this thread but I was always a fan of Seven and I don't hear anyone talk about it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114369/

Undercover

It is a great East European TV show production that I'll highly recommend to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Not sure if this belongs in this thread but I was always a fan of Seven and I don't hear anyone talk about it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114369/
    Seven is a modern classic, and is still referenced/homaged in all sorts of shows even today. It was also a huge commercial and critical success.

Donnie Darko. I recommend this to everyone and most seem to never have heard of it.

Also, 3 Idiots and Detachment.

OP: Thank you for making this thread. Definitely added some films to my To-Watch list.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Like you I did not like Drive. Drive was straight up boring. There I said it.
    I have to agree. I see a lot of people saying how good it was and I understand the realism and emotion it was trying to convey, but honestly, in my opinion it tried too hard and missed out on actually telling a story.
    Last edited by Zubacz; 2013-06-17 at 07:41 AM.

"Big nothing". A great comedy with Simon Pegg and David Schwimmer from 2006 that I had never heard about before watching it and it. I think the movie never got the attention it deserved back in 2006.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488085/

just rewatched it after years and I almost never hear anyone say "hey you should watch this movie."

True Romance. RIP Tony Scott.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.