Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Blizzard tends to use animations from different models during their beta/ptr tests when the main model anims are not done.. This might mean that the animations for trolls are not ready and they used the ones from (new?) NE models. Because it's too close to a NE model, I doubt that it will stay that way.
    Remember that it's early datamine so it's prolly not finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The problem with the original Worgen model was that they looked more like leons and not wolfs.

But it's a different debate from the Zandalari one.
    Well the whole worgen-discussion is a different topic, but what went wrong there is that Blizzard cared WAY too much and started altering them every day to a point where they just stopped and quit caring.

The Zandalari look great so far, but they should only be revised if the designers feel the need to; and only so many times.

If you revise a product, there is a certain point at which every revision ruins the product more and more. Lets hope they stop before they reach that!

Deleted
    These look really great, fits the Zandalari nicely, even the posture considering they see themself above all else. The only thing I can think of that is bothering me is the lack of contrasting shades in the ears and the face perhaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the zandalari really need a whole new set of animations anyway? They're humanoid - walk, run, punch, etc. No need to reinvent the wheel here - I'd rather see effort going in to unique looking creatures rather than trying to make a slightly different walking cycle. Maybe attack animations, but otherwise...

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe it's to show a "missing link" between trolls and NE.

Deleted
    I think they look great - for Zandalar Trolls that is. Proud, educated, etc.

With that said, I hope our player models never, ever look like this, because Zandalari are Zandalari, and aren't Darkspears. I believe the new PC models are just going to be higher resolution, not make such a drastic change to the race's feel.