Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    So how are the serves since F2P went live? can you see a considerable amount of new players?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    So how are the serves since F2P went live? can you see a considerable amount of new players?
    I wouldn't say that it seems like there are considerable amounts of new players. Ever since the server merges the servers have been pretty lively. That has kept up pretty even, so it would lead me to believe there are many new players as old ones leave.

IE, concurrency seems to be the same as it was after server merge. I haven't logged on a significant time period in about 2-3 weeks ago though. It might be even busier than that.

I play every few days or so. The population seems fairly steady.

10+ Year Old Account
    The poopulation on Ebon Hawk is approximately the same. Low level planets have huge populations, but that was the case when the game had a free trial to 20. Other than that, Ebon Hawk has been a pretty busy server since I arrived there from Lord Adraas.

Since the august mergers things have pretty much stayed the same on pot5 with the usual low and high times. Obviously when something like hk came out we had 4-6 fleets but it went back to 2-3 pretty quick.

The population has pretty much stabilized around the population they posted when they said 500k-1m.

If it turns out we have around 750k someone here owns me something. I think it was an internet.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Same on the european server. Whenever I start a new character and see how many people are playing on the low lvl planets I'm really amazed by it. Either we have a lot of new player or a lot of people do the same as me... twinking.

PvP is opening frequently (don't know about ranked) at lvl 50 and below. Same goes for flashpoints, however as DD it is rather unique to get a group before lvl 50, a bit less rare at lvl 50. I somehow how we'll get the possibility to have two specs/ two gearsets on our characters so I could switch my merc over to healing and vice versa. That might not help my marauder but would be a start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Since the august mergers things have pretty much stayed the same on pot5 with the usual low and high times. Obviously when something like hk came out we had 4-6 fleets but it went back to 2-3 pretty quick.

The population has pretty much stabilized around the population they posted when they said 500k-1m.

If it turns out we have around 750k someone here owns me something. I think it was an internet.
    I wish we had anywhere near those numbers on the EU servers. In the whole month I've been subbed since the F2P start not once had we a third fleet on Progenitor(Emp side, Rep is usually around 30% lower) We do get a second fleet in the evening hours but that one closes quickly again around 10pm.

As a result queue times are pretty terrible. Both for 50 and below. Even with my healer agent and my tank Jugg I sometimes wait up to an hour or more for a FP to pop. PVP is a wee bit faster usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Nris View Post
    I wish we had anywhere near those numbers on the EU servers. In the whole month I've been subbed since the F2P start not once had we a third fleet on Progenitor(Emp side, Rep is usually around 30% lower) We do get a second fleet in the evening hours but that one closes quickly again around 10pm.

As a result queue times are pretty terrible. Both for 50 and below. Even with my healer agent and my tank Jugg I sometimes wait up to an hour or more for a FP to pop. PVP is a wee bit faster usually.
    My friend who played tera EU said the same thing happened to him.

Is the EU mmo market just smaller? Are they not tuned to european tastes? (like how a lot of US peeps turn their nose up at korean mmos before they ever try them)

Deleted

Is the EU mmo market just smaller? Are they not tuned to european tastes? (like how a lot of US peeps turn their nose up at korean mmos before they ever try them)
    I think the market might be the same size it's just much more segregated. You have people that do not speak English at all and therefore would never play on anything but a server catered to their respective country. Then you have to take server types into consideration.
    SWTOR specific there are still too many servers for the EU. It's just like it is. There is one server that (English PVE, can't remember the server name right now) that reaches full in the evening hours. The others are pretty much the same as Progenitor.

I still have a Sith Sorc on one of the German PVE servers (Sword something?). The population there is depressing whenever I log over to help out a friend. It's obviously not as bad as the oceanic servers yet but the population is already dropping noticeable again.

I think TSW spoiled me terribly in this regard. The announcement that all cross server related developments are on the back-burner didn't exactly help.

Deleted

SWTOR in Europe has a strange population distribution. While in WoW the ratio between english/german/french servers is roughly 4:3:1 SWTOR has three servers each and as recently as yesterday afternoon the french PVE server was "full" first, before Progenitor and T3-M4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Really? There were romances between two men in both DA2 and ME3 so...I'm confused...
    Bioware makes romance scenes with a passion, EA however does not, The scene from ME3 was a joke because you only had 2 options in every conversation, hence you would end up with that guy if you went straight paragon. EA also forced the Da2 scene due to strict time schedule. In the past they made excellent same sex romances but something terrible happend at Dragon age 2

Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    This is the same thing Blizzard has been doing over the past 8 years. How many features have they promised and not delivered on? What makes EA/BioWare's empty promises any more spectacular?
    Has Bioware/EA delivered on anything in SWTOR they so called promised without major delays?

Yes WoW has bugs and they dont always give you what they say but the big difference is WoW at least tries and works on some things without the SOON crap that you can expect to take 6 months to over a year.

They try to make the game better so more people will play and therefore they will make more money. SWTOR is just trying to make as much money as they can with doing the least amount of work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katta View Post
    SWTOR is just trying to make as much money as they can with doing the least amount of work.
    Sounds like the American way to me. ~_^

The next 6-8 weeks will be key I think...now that we are through the 'holiday doldrums'...so to speak.
    Although I am having a ton of fun playing, I feel they really need to ramp up the communications on coming updates

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Sounds like the American way to me. ~_^
    Sadly it feels like most American's anymore want 100k a year job that is 8-4, has 5 weeks vacation, and doesn't require them to lift a finger. The place I work at doesn't even require a college education and we are pushing 50-75k a year depending on what job position you have. I've seen 8-10 people quit or get fired for basically not doing their jobs in the last year. While it does require some effort at times, most of them sat on their butts 10 hours a night and complained about wanting to go home for 90% of it.

Sometimes I wonder if SWTOR doesn't have the same issue lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Sadly it feels like most American's anymore want 100k a year job that is 8-4, has 5 weeks vacation, and doesn't require them to lift a finger.
    Mmm.

Management.

Mmm.

Management.
    Fresh college students are the worst too. They spend 4-6 years in college having all these people tell them they are going to be making X and then when they come out they discover that yeah you can, once you put 20 years in too. Until then you make jack. I've seen lots of them get their feelings hurt lately, especially the ones that turn up their noses at 50k a year jobs just starting out. Always makes me chuckle.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Fresh college students are the worst too. They spend 4-6 years in college having all these people tell them they are going to be making X and then when they come out they discover that yeah you can, once you put 20 years in too.
    I've never heard of anyone saying that. That's what they said in the 90's. Now pretty much everyone tells you that unless you become a doctor or scientist, you aren't going to find a job or make any money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I've never heard of anyone saying that. That's what they said in the 90's. Now pretty much everyone tells you that unless you become a doctor or scientist, you aren't going to find a job or make any money.
    Out of college I was pretty stoked to get a $20k job...especially after looking for over a year for a non-retail job (working several part time retail jobs in the interim).

I don't see why SGR's have to be announced as a big deal or why the hell its so important, its a game I would rather they spent time on creating good game content and not wasting their time on this crap.

I play a Jedi so no romantics for me anyway.