Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Jinyu and Hozen.
    Ohay. Didn't think of that. That could be fun and obvious XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga sounds cool. More zones like Vashj'ir + an underwater raid could be awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Murloc! Both factions!
    This! I love them and they're always rushing attacking you in a pack xD

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    It doesn't really matter how much we've seen. It only matters what we've seen. Relativity is important. We have never seen naga be truly helpful (As in help because they want to directly help or help without any terrible consequences)
    what we've seen:

draenei - they looked exactly like the eredar demons who almost destroyed the world, yet the alliance let them in. the average human still calls them "hooved demons".
    worgen - the whole world knew the worgen as savage, mindless beasts from another dimention who existed only to hunt. the alliance let them in. the average human doesn't go near them.
    blood elves - the world knew them as a desperate ex-alliance race that drained magic from living beings and tapped openly on demon magic. the horde let them in.

in the end, the perception of people matter little in face of tactical advantage in a world with dozens of wars being fought at the same time.

also: blood elves have seen the naga being helpful when the naga broke them out of jail.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    what we've seen:

draenei - they looked exactly like the eredar demons who almost destroyed the world, yet the alliance let them in. the average human still calls them "hooved demons".
    worgen - the whole world knew the worgen as savage, mindless beasts from another dimention who existed only to hunt. the alliance let them in. the average human doesn't go near them.
    blood elves - the world knew them as a desperate ex-alliance race that drained magic from living beings and tapped openly on demon magic. the horde let them in.

in the end, the perception of people matter little in face of tactical advantage in a world with dozens of wars being fought at the same time.
    Here's the difference though...

The draenei PROVED that they weren't demons by doing things demons cannot do. Because they proved they were not one and the same, they were trusted. Naga on the other hand can't prove that they aren't naga. They are still of the same race which did so many terrible things, and therefore are connected to them. Draenei aren't so connected to the atrocities committed by the eredar. They did what they could in the situation.

Worgen were let in only after they had found inner peace through the help of night elves who knew of their affliction.

Blood elves were only let in on the behest of Sylvanas. She even mentions this as she bullies Lor'themar into sending troops to Northrend, keeping it above his head.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    also: blood elves have seen the naga being helpful when the naga broke them out of jail.
    And look what it got them:

Instead of trying to find a pure source of power, Kael turns to fel magic, which, along with his insanity and subsequent death, also brings about:

Accidentally draining the life from one of the purest beings in the universe.

Being corrupted by fel magic.

The schism between the blood elves and the high elves.

I would hardly call that truly helpful.

It's just a matter of time when Nagas become a playable race in WoW. They pretty much exploited everything else :P

Deleted
    Centaur race joining the might of the horde!

So...

Was VERY bored so came up with a whole Alliance concept for Naga (which actually does fit in with current Lore... Blizz wouldn't really have to change anything.)

I've always been curious if a lot of Naga and NElves know each other, as a lot of them were all around at the same time.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-01-04 at 01:23 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I'd like to see a demon race, but it would be hard to make it happen unless they had a similar story to the forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    The revamp of Azeroth didn't include raising the door height, the revamp was done to make flying possible.

Naga do have some interesting lore, but that doesn't make them a viable race, once again it's the leg issue. Also female Naga have 4 arms.

There are a lot of interesting races in WOW with colorful lore, but the last race or races added prior to Titan will be something the majority of players would enjoy. Which would require the least amount of work to add. This pretty much means no to any thing that doesn't have bipedal locomotion. And nothing to tall.

So looking at all the past ideas in this thread.

Ogres - to tall
    Ethereals - possible, since I'm fairly sure the next class added will be a mail melee class (demon hunter) I'm sure they could be demon hunters.
    Arakkoa - they would have to be completely remodeled so they have legs. And who would want to play a sexy bird?
    High Elves - in game on the horde, also Elves and elvish type races are all over the place already. Trolls, Night Elves, Goblins, Blood Elves, enough with knife ears already.
    Dragonkin - Would fit lore, can be made to work.
    Aqir - only if they use the Night Elf looking ones
    Jinyu - possible, if they are lazy
    Hozen - possible, if they are lazy
    Naga - leg issues
    Harpy - So many issues here, gnome sized female only race who never touch the ground.
    Furblog - possible
    Vrykul - to tall
    kobolds - possible
    gnolls -possible
    Treants - to many issues, already possible if you play a druid.
    elementals - no legs, no real body, too many issues, also they are pets for mages and Warlocks.
    mantid - if they make them a bit more humanoid.
    qiraji - to much work
    Murloc - Jinyu
    Unbroken Ones - doubtful
    Demon - already in game see Draenei
    Centaurs 4 legs, too much work
    Children of Cenarius4 legs, too much work
    Tigon - Tiger shaped Troll shaman as a race.
    Sporeloks - not impossible but a boring choice.
    Dark Irons- Play Dwarven Warlock
    Tuskarr - not impossible but a boring choice.
    hobbits - play a gnome

LOL i believe you, just dies a little inside hahaha Dragonkin would be nice then, but i am not sure how they would fit in with either alliance or horde, horde more than alliance since Orcs have made someone of a sport of killing dragons.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    So...

Was VERY bored so came up with a whole Alliance concept for Naga (which actually does fit in with current Lore... Blizz wouldn't really have to change anything.)

http://www.xavierleo.co.uk/nagaconcept.jpg

I've always been curious if a lot of Naga and NElves know each other, as a lot of them were all around at the same time.
    I hate to be a negative nancy dude, really... but I think you're underestimating the extent to which the night elves hate the naga and you're ignoring how they actually came to be in the first place.

I find it likely that years down the road, as player base slips into, say, the hundreds of thousands, they'll go free to play and experiment with paid content for income. If that ever happens, it's perfectly likely that we'd see a number of different races as 'paid content downloads' for $10 or $20. And if that were to happen, I would hope/expect among the first races to be murlocs. And I will likely pay the money and come back after years off just to play. And I will be oh so happy.

That is the future I foresee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    So...

[IMG ]http://www.xavierleo.co.uk/nagaconcept.jpg[/IMG]

To make a Naga work you had to use a Dragonoid body. Also anyone who is a lore purest would never forgive Blizzard if that was the choice they made. Although in your favor Metzen has stated he had considered making Naga playable once.

But the technical difficulties along side lore issues make it harder to do than any other race mentioned in this thread.

But if you look at different race types it might be possible to get an Aquatic race with the Jinyu.

---

Edit: Also I should point out only the Naga closest to Azshara have benefited from eternal life. the rest of the race has normal life spans, possibly close to troll standard. (70-80 years)

And if you doubt this start a goblin and do the full goblin start. at one point you kidnap Naga babies.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2013-01-04 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I hate to be a negative nancy dude, really... but I think you're underestimating the extent to which the night elves hate the naga and you're ignoring how they actually came to be in the first place.
    Which is why Naga would have to be a Horde race if they joined a faction. No matter how much they would disagree with Azshara or want to break away, it is still the Night Elves' fault they are Naga and the Night Elves dislike them just as much.

For Naga I think it would be interesting to have a playable race without legs. Pants and shoes could just be another tube wrapped around the lower parts of the tail. Mounts are the hard part. Maybe they wrap their tails around the mount to hang on.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 03:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Which is why Naga would have to be a Horde race if they joined a faction. No matter how much they would disagree with Azshara or want to break away, it is still the Night Elves' fault they are Naga and the Night Elves dislike them just as much.

For Naga I think it would be interesting to have a playable race without legs. Pants and shoes could just be another tube wrapped around the lower parts of the tail. Mounts are the hard part. Maybe they wrap their tails around the mount to hang on.
    The only race that makes sense joining the Alliance is Jinyu since the others are very neutral (ethereal) or primitive (furlborgs, kobold, others like this). Vrykul have more in common with undead since the valkyries joined them. The horde also needs ogres.

Even then though, it was the naga who killed Vol'jin's father and it was the naga that drove the Darkspear away from their home, and then invaded their new home. It was also the naga who basically led Kael'thas down the chain of events that led to his eventual insanity and the fel corruption of the blood elves in general. And there's also the whole business in Vashj'ir where the naga kill or enslave the majority of the soldiers that are sent there... I think there's just too much animosity that they've caused for them to be added to either faction.

The only race that makes sense joining the Alliance is Jinyu since the others are very neutral (ethereal) or primitive (furlborgs, kobold, others like this). Vrykul have more in common with undead since the valkyries joined them. The horde also needs ogres.
    I never got why people say that the vrykul would join the Alliance when they would then be fighting the Val'kyr, who they hold in very high esteem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    To make a Naga work you had to use a Dragonoid body. Also anyone who is a lore purest would never forgive Blizzard if that was the choice they made. Although in your favor Metzen has stated he had considered making Naga playable once.
    You could take it in an interesting direction and make them naga but with a twist. Kind've like how the worgen were around for ages in Silverpine, but the playable versions got a more comprehensive backstory and setting than 'magic space disease.'

If you had a population of naga break away from the Old Gods, they might start to revert back into night elves somewhat - so you'd get bipedal fish-snake-elves that could transform into full naga while underwater. They'd be nice and monstery, but could work with either faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And we all need more retcons, right?
    Draenei/Eredar and thier relation with Sarg is pretty much the only WoW retcon that there is, or at least the only major one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

So...

[IMG]snip[/IMG]

Reminds me of Ripjaws from Ben 10.
    We all need a tune to wipe to. I personally enjoy the sound of my teams' own screams.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think of it this way: Do we see any Draenei lore these days? Do we see any Gilnean lore these days? Have we seen the Undead make a move this entire expansion? The answer to all of these is no. The reason? There are already too many races. Blizz has to juggle the lore for each of them and try to include them all but it just doesn't work. We'll be lucky to se Draenei or Gilneans this expansion at all. And Pandaren??? There are only like 20 lore wise on each fraction.... Chi and Asa? Haven't seen them since their starting zones ended. Blizz needs to cut down on races until they can learn to continue the story for each one of them continuously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres for Horde.

As for females, why does there have to be any? Maybe they reproduce differently. I'd just have the option for one or 2 headed.

I think Blizzard should just add them in now. We don't need a high rez version of them. They're ugly as hell and they have all the animations they would need anyway. They just need a starting area and a lore event to bring them into the fold.