Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I was so focused on my main, had to do dailies, grinds etc raiding pvp that guess what. My alt hit max level now. I was thinking going PvP, but wanna know something? The cap that stops me from getting to the content made me say no. I'm playing with blue gear at 2,4k MMR against people with tier 2 upgraded twice. Fair that they have 100k more HP than me and I'm sitting with a non PvP weapon? ( again, lack of gear, there's no PvP blue weapon. )
    If you're bored because your main is maxed and you don't feel like doing so with an alt then cancel your sub, take a (probably much needed) break, and come back when the next content patch is released. You're being completely unreasonable to expect that the content be released at the speed with which YOU consume it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Why is this thread still going on? We've proved that the OP is both ignorant and overreacting, surely that's all we needed to do?
    The OP has said that he is no longer going to post in this thread and has not done so for almost seven hours perhaps if you and others had not continued to throw insults at him this thread would have long disappeared from the front page.

It is good to see certain parts the MMO-C community starting 2013 where it left off in 2012 by insulting and bullying anyone that dare criticize Blizzard, skimming through this thread I have seen the OP called ignorant a number times, accused of trolling, had his intelligence questioned and been patronised about his age and maturity. It is a shame that people cannot discuss points they disagree with here without resorting to insulting the person they disagree with.

OT I do think that the OP is reading a bit too much into Ghostcrawler's tweet, it is standard for MMOs stagger content and to introduce caps and grinds in order to keep their players playing for longer and development costs down, he is just confirming this. I'm not sure that it is the wisest thing to do to remind your customers of this and I do think they have gone a little overboard in limiting progress in MOP (hopefully this will be addressed in 5.2) but I do not think it is a case of they can't be arsed making new content.

Since it has nothing to do with the story from the very begining and isn't going to affect anything , it's a filler. The Pantheons are the very begining of WoW.
    By that logic, Warcraft 1 is the very beginning of WoW. Warcraft 1 only had humans and orcs. And some trolls and ogres. Anything else is a filler, hence WoW is a filler.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by knumskul View Post
    By that logic, Warcraft 1 is the very beginning of WoW. Warcraft 1 only had humans and orcs. And some trolls and ogres. Anything else is a filler, hence WoW is a filler.
    No trolls in wc1 :P

Orcs, humans, fire/water elementals, scorpids, demons, spiders, skeletons and a single half-orc. Quite a lot of stuff really, but that's besides the point. OP be silly.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    Dude, we got high quality content, options and loads of stuff to do. I'll take that over consuming the content in 4 weeks time and then quitting coz of lack of things to do. Like in Cata.
    Really, what's your bloody problem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    Kazzak and Doomreaver?
    Sounds like you're combining the name of doomwalker and either the fel reavers from hellfire peninsula or the void reaver from tempest keep :P.

But you are indeed correct, there were 2 world bosses in TBC. WOTLK didn't have any, and neither did cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzan View Post
    Really, what's your bloody problem?
    Probably that he doesn't have anything legit to complain about.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    @StardawnFR If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster...

This is a reply from GC on twitter.

So how I feel about this? They want us to use everything as much as possible, even if it gets old and boring before new content.. What is this? I just can't understand how we can take this..

Thoughts on this?
    Please, cry me a river, or explain why this system is worse then BC/Vanilla when you had to stack up dkp's to get a piece and you couldn't get everything you needed in less then 2-3 months of raiding...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Sounds like you're combining the name of doomwalker and either the fel reavers from hellfire peninsula or the void reaver from tempest keep :P.

But you are indeed correct, there were 2 world bosses in TBC. WOTLK didn't have any, and neither did cata.
    Cataclysm did though... Or rather, Cataclysm had some rare spawn mobs which were kinda boss like, like the undead giant in Twilight Highlands or the Twilight Dragon in Deepholm.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    So you take "Allowing our players to gear up as fast as they want would lead them to be burnt out on content faster"

To mean "We are lazy and don't want to make new content, so we slow down progression?"

What form of the English language are you using?
    The English Language that allows you to undo massively PR influenced speech. Anyone who doesn't at least do a bit of that will still be sitting here thinking Blizzard is the best thing since sliced bread because they write things to try and make themselves seem like the Olympians of game design who are more caring than Mother Teresa. They throw on the Robin Hood disguise because people like the Robin Hood attitude, that's all.

Just to stay on topic though, The biggest problem is not the amount of content or the types or even quality of content. It's how it's implemented and the limitations behind it more than anything. I refuse to play not because there is no more content, but because how they put the limitations put on the content feels terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Art can't be rushed.
    It' need time. EVERY game out there involves some form of grind. Some obvious (mmos) some less so (FPS, long boring corridors/cellars anyone?).

They produce quality content as fast as inhumanly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Yet they've shown in this expansion that's exactly what they want you to do, grind.
    haha, this is a funny comment, because you obviously imply it to mean grinding is a bad thing. You know, ignoring that grinding is basically one of the main parts of (almost) all CRPGs.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Okey, so people start complaining at me reading too much into the tweets.

You're basically not getting it. They want you to grind the content as much as possible, then they're willing to give more content. I can't understand how I am reading it too much.

Let's face it - over half of their designers are doing other stuff, such as creating other games. I just can't blieve that you actually think, it's fine, let them tell us to grind.
    You're right they should just hand you a full set of heroic gear the second you ding max, then the next set of heroic gear on launch day for each content patch. I'm sure THAT would go over well.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

You're reading too much into it, but i agree that they need to put out more content. You think having over 10 million subscribers that they would set the pace for patches in the MMO industry. But their playing catch-up to other MMOs.

It's better that they release content gradually then as soon as it's ready. What happens when you release it all at once is you get a ton of content up front and then you have 10-15 months of nothing before a new expansion. Does anyone REALLY want to relive 10 months of DS or a year of ICC? Less content more frequently is better so long as you get at least as much total content overall.

Especially in MoP's model that is very alt-unfriendly, it's bad to put out too much content at once. People will feel overwhelmed and those who actually have lives will fall so far behind those who don't that they'll lose interest in the game.

10 months of DS is a major reason why WoW lost so many subscribers during Cata, don't expect them to redo that model in MoP.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2013-01-04 at 01:17 AM.

@StardawnFR If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster...

This is a reply from GC on twitter.

So how I feel about this? They want us to use everything as much as possible, even if it gets old and boring before new content.. What is this? I just can't understand how we can take this..

Thoughts on this?
    First of all, as pointed out by many in this thread, any maker of MMO's will likely have to delay consumption of made content, it is much easier to go through it than to design it.

Second, if the OP feels too hampered by the tempoin which new content is added, it might be best to stop playing wow for a while, maybe some other games - clearly the tempo offered by Blizzard is not the tempo of the OP.

However, more speculative... is what Blizzard currently does really the best they can? More and more I see a slide towards LFR and 'perfecting content' which seems to slow down making new content. Point in case: the number of 5 men instances, imo the most used part of the game, and the least appreciated by Blizzard. Through all expansions - wow classic, TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP - I see a gradual reduced 5 man content.

But then, I am one of those who actually enjoyed the toughness of the TBC heroic instances. Maybe I need to learn to move on .

Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    TBC.

Dungeons. :TBC had 15 new dungeons. Mists has 6 dungeons, plus 3 reworked dungeons (that means very little new artwork). Keep in mind that 2 of the dungeons repurpose artwork and models already in the game (temple and gate). Scenarios are just TBC group quests in an instanced form.
    Er LOL what? You complain about Temple and Gate using the same assets and say TBC had 15 new dungeons? You mean like the three Hellfire dungeons that all use the same assets, the FOUR boring as fuck Auchindoun dungeons that all look identical, the three in Coilfang and the three in Netherstorm? Plus the two CoT dungeons which reused existing ZONES? Are you freaking kidding?

TBC had 4 dungeon "hubs" in which they basically split one dungeon into 3-4. They took the concept from Scarlet Monastery to its natural extreme. Later expansions tried to remedy the issue a bit by making individual dungeons more distinct from one another, even in a single dungeon complex.

P.S. Leveling through TBC dungeons is one of the most boring parts of creating a new toon, FWIW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the hubs myself, I will admit. 2-3 bosses per dungeon is a little boring, but unfortunately they can't all be as big as Blackrock Depths. Splitting them into smaller sub-zones while linking them together thematically is a good compromise. I've missed that still since they dropped it in Cata for the most part.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel bad for them, because some aren't pleased with what they release. There needs to be a balance on when they release content. I think they're off to a great start with MoP, but bringing back latter progression in the current community? This will not pan out so good. However, I'm happy they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    The English Language that allows you to undo massively PR influenced speech. Anyone who doesn't at least do a bit of that will still be sitting here thinking Blizzard is the best thing since sliced bread because they write things to try and make themselves seem like the Olympians of game design who are more caring than Mother Teresa. They throw on the Robin Hood disguise because people like the Robin Hood attitude, that's all.

Just to stay on topic though, The biggest problem is not the amount of content or the types or even quality of content. It's how it's implemented and the limitations behind it more than anything. I refuse to play not because there is no more content, but because how they put the limitations put on the content feels terrible.
    For fucks sake, I'm not out to suck Blizzard's dick. I don't think Blizzard is the god of game development. I just don't read too much into a simple fucking tweet.

Greg Street said "We create limits on content to try to match the general player pace to the pace we feel we can make quality content."

And suddenly half the internet is up in arms about how lazy and backwards Blizzard is. Grow the fuck up.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.