Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had to google what cba meant.

Look, no matter how much content Blizzard puts out, no one will ever be satisfied, because the majority are addicts. Anything they release will be gobbled up and shat out in days.

They're in the paid MMO business. I don't see how they could deliver a ridiculous amount of content every few months without charging more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    For fucks sake, I'm not out to suck Blizzard's dick. I don't think Blizzard is the god of game development. I just don't read too much into a simple fucking tweet.

Greg Street said "We create limits on content to try to match the general player pace to the pace we feel we can make quality content."

And suddenly half the internet is up in arms about how lazy and backwards Blizzard is. Grow the fuck up.
    The limits have nothing to do with matching player pace it is all about setting the pace for the players.

If you got everything you need in the first run you would demand new stuff so fast that nobody could ever create enough content to keep you entertained. So they need you to do the same content for some time so they have the time to create new one. If you are very bored with the old content you also appriciate the new one, when it finally arrives, much more.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The limits have nothing to do with matching player pace it is all about setting the pace for the players.
    "Matching player pace (restricting) to the pace we feel we can make quality content." That's exactly what I said. I just said it in PR speak.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

The only problem I have with the current raid is that you choose normal or heroic. Would rather have only Lfr to people who can't commit to a guild and then one difficulty which is the actual raid. Less things to balance, more time for other things! Tbc style, no one is entitled to make you see / experience the content, they should only supply with a reasonable amount of tools which you have to aquire imo , aka less hand holding
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    The only problem I have with the current raid is that you choose normal or heroic. Would rather have only Lfr to people who can't commit to a guild and then one difficulty which is the actual raid. Less things to balance, more time for other things! Tbc style, no one is entitled to make you see / experience the content, they should only supply with a reasonable amount of tools which you have to aquire imo , aka less hand holding
    The thing is, Blizzard is targeting three groups, not just two.

Those with little time (LFR), those with time and organization, but not necessarily a ton of skill (normal modes), and skillful raiders with time (hard modes.) You remove normals, the middle group, those with time that enjoy content that is challenging for them get left with piss easy LFR.

What about all the new content getting released every 2-3 months? -.-

With the exception of the final tier (which always last waaaay to long) Blizzard should limit the progression speed for multiply reasons.

First if they added to much new content within a short period of time the old content would become obsolete waaaaay to fast, before the majority of the guilds cleared it all.
    Second: to limit character progression, if new tiers of raids would come out to fast people would be getting to strong (a problem they learned with hardmodes in WOTLK)

If blizzard really wanted the content to last much longer then they would stop putting bosses on the PTR or put the ''attempt'' limitations back. The hardcore guilds don't just 1-shot bosses they spend month or 2 wiping on the PTR first and then hours on live. But if they couldn't wipe for hours on the PTR they wouldn't be able to write guides which will result people going in blind and making content last much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    For fucks sake, I'm not out to suck Blizzard's dick. I don't think Blizzard is the god of game development. I just don't read too much into a simple fucking tweet.
    I still don't understand how this is a 17 page thread. But anyway Chrysia here has the right of it.

Deleted
    where have you been the last decade?

that's the way Blizzard operates since forever. Making new content costs money. That's why heroic mode was created. You want new content? Here have the EXACT same thing with bosses on steroids. That's why people are raiding the same stale content at the end of an expansion for close to A YEAR.
    That's why class balance is always screwed up in cycles to get you interested in creating some more alts.
    That's why you are forced to spend your time with meaningless, mostly unfun grinds, rep grinds, honor grinds just to get to the point where you can actually use what the game offers. Which isnt much if you take away all the treadmills they are putting in your way.

Blizzard has perfected the art of conditioning players to accept the repetition. They have reached the exact balance where they can do as little as possible, just maintaining the game, and still keep as many players as possible subbed for long times.
    And it's something worthy of admiration to be honest. I don't like it but I have to respect them for how good they are at playing the players.
    (just see how quickly people come rushing to their defense as soon as you criticize them)

They cant work on too much new content because they are already busy creating the next expansion - which you will pay close to full game price for ofc. Surely if content patches cost money they would be pushed out much faster :-P

Your sub fee pays for customer service and server costs (and activisionblizzard shareholder dividends ofc). All the content you see during an expansion you have already financed by buying it. It's the truth.
    Last edited by mmoc10839b38d9; 2013-01-04 at 10:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    twitter really is a bad form of media for what GC is doing... you cant really explain stuff in detail with the amount of space you're given, and thus people tend to read in to stuff because they try to fill in the blanks in answers because they cant be explained properly
    So GC have to stfu on twitter!! It will help avoiding this kind of thread... You cant really explain because lack of space? Dont say anything then!! Since if you do people will read stuff you dont wrote...

GC shot a bullet in his own feet with this shit. People allready hates him and he throw sticks to beat him... "I dont have time to but...", "I dont have Space to really explain but..." and here come the shitstorm on every forums. STFU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    So GC have to stfu on twitter!! It will help avoiding this kind of thread... You cant really explain because lack of space? Dont say anything then!! Since if you do people will read stuff you dont wrote...

GC shot a bullet in his own feet with this shit. People allready hates him and he throw sticks to beat him... "I dont have time to but...", "I dont have Space to really explain but..." and here come the shitstorm on every forums. STFU!!!!

Or whiny little brats can stop complaining about everything and twist every word he says. This guy deals with a lot of immature people who are unappreciative. When he didn't say anything there were threads about that too.

I would say people like you and the OP are probably the ones that need to STFU
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    In fact I do. I see a huge problem with lack of content. For example see orgrimmar and stormwind. They were destroyed 3 years ago. How come they haven't fixd it? That's just one thing that has been bothering me for a long time..
    So in your mind's eye, do you picture the dev team going to work from 9-5, Mon-Friday then just goofing off all day, not doing any actual work?
    Do you have any experience with game development?

i do agree on one point.. why does blizz even have a PTR? even when they release patches none of the bosses are even remotely working.. most skills are still screwy from updates.. and maps are often bugged as well. if blizz limited a ptr to bug testing and not boss encounters.. content would last much longer because no1 would have any clue how to defeat a boss other than looking up theorys. this seems much funnier then studying a boss for hours on the ptr.. and instead trying to go at it on live.

Deleted
    GC seems to be operating under the misconception that people finish content when they are fully geared when people actually finish content when they kill the last boss at whatever difficulty level they're interested in. Any gearing runs after that is just grinding!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    You're wrong, it's been proven and showen more. They added like a azeroth all over again in that game.
    Then go play rift and stop whining about wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    GC seems to be operating under the misconception that people finish content when they are fully geared when people actually finish content when they kill the last boss at whatever difficulty level they're interested in. Any gearing runs after that is just grinding!
    For some, yes. For others, the gear is the point. For yet others, the bosses don't matter at all, and the content outside raids is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Doesn't that really depend on the person? I know a lot of people raid for gear alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does 19 words get so misinterpreted it ends up as 18 pages?
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBacon View Post
    My thoughts on this? I feel bad for the guy. This is exactly what he means by people overanalyzing everything he says.
    I think it's more that hopefully they're reaching a certain point of understanding that "grind gear to get more gear," isn't really a sustainable game design. I'd also say they need to slow leveling way the fuck down and make the game as much about 1-89 as it is about 90.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow