Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Live? Probably just won't be a comfortable life.
    I got less than that and can live comfortable. :\

Living alone? definitely.

1 Room flat is roughly 480$
    I can easily live on 1 100g tuna can and 400g of noodles for 2 days (both cost ~2.5$) ~37.5-38$ monthly
    No TV ( i don't watch it )
    Internet is 37$ per month
    Public transportation in Israel is good, and getting around the city is doable in a bus or even by foot (Free bus pass for a month is 42$)
    Electricty can get up to 100$ per month.
    some hygiene and cleaning stuff ~65$
    Gas (for cooking the nom nom tuna with noodles) ~25$

~250-260$ for some minor stuffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Living alone? definitely.

1 Room flat is roughly 480$
    I can easily live on 1 100g tuna can and 400g of noodles for 2 days (both cost ~2.5$) ~37.5-38$ monthly
    No TV ( i don't watch it )
    Internet is 37$ per month
    Public transportation in Israel is good, and getting around the city is doable in a bus or even by foot (Free bus pass for a month is 42$)
    Electricty can get up to 100$ per month.
    some hygiene and cleaning stuff ~65$
    Gas (for cooking the nom nom tuna with noodles) ~25$

~250-260$ for some minor stuffs.
    My one room flat is $1300/month, and I live in one of the cheapest big cities in the US. Of course I live in one of the nicer parts of that city. I could probably find something for $500ish if I really hunted for it and didn't mind doing my own roach extermination.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Of course i could live with that kind of money a day. not the same lifestyle i´m used to but it would be enough to pay for food,water,electricity and everything that needs to be payed by an independant adult.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Live? Probably just won't be a comfortable life.
    depends on your definition of comfortable

Since I am single it would be the $19 US per day or $570 per 30 days. So, which means I would either have to move back home, or find someplace really cheap. As well, probably forgo health and auto insurance.

If I was a family at $36.75 US per day or $1102.50 per 30 days I guess I could still live at my current place, but a cheaper place would be more ideal. Though, a significant cut would be required to feed the family, and cover utilities.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    I got less than that and can live comfortable. :\
    Yeah it depends on where you live as well I suppose. Where I live I would barely be able to pay off my rent if I made $35 a day.

I'm currently living on around $35/day where i live. With renting only being $475/month with everything included. I don't own a car, everything is within 5mins of walking distance. An of course i've had more then enough money to cover at least 5 months worth rent before i got layed off.

Pro tip: Get an f'ing job if you can't live on benefits.

Deleted
    Like a queen. I hardly have any bills and spend $20-25 on food every week. Add hygiene products and clothes too and I could comfortably manage with $10-15 a day.

1050 / month?

I could survive on that (ie, doing nothing, walking to the store for basics).

In my current situation, that doesn't even keep a roof over my head.

Average rent in my area for a 1 bedroom flat/apartment = £760 ish pcm (dagenham just outside london, extortionate prices) Unless other bills were already accounted for not a chance.

Whilst at university once rent and bills were paid, I could get by on about £50 a week comfortably; food and a couple of nights out.

Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    I think people needs to learn to prioritize, if you're out of a job and on welfare, car insurance and gas prices aren't the top of the list. Nor do you need some 2 bedroom, massive balcony appartment and claim it's "rent". No, that's luxury you can't afford, 1 bedroom first floor for you sir!

Welfare is suppose to just keep you alive, it's not suppose to support hobbies, social events, or anything out of the ordinary. You're not suppose to live a normal life on it, cause why the fuck would you get a job then?

It also depends on where you live of course, the $35 you're talking about give you 5 times as much leisure in some of the eastern european countries compared to norways, where I'm from. Shit's expensive here D:
    As you say it comes down to where you live, personally I could never live off of $35 a day since that wouldn't even cover the essentials.

While I was on long term sickleave some years back I had to survive on around $50 per day and quite often I didn't have enough money to eat more than a portion of oatmeal per day (pretty much the cheapest thing you can eat) and every now and then I had to skip paying my bills (some of which I'm still paying off now 5 years later)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Average rent in my area for a 1 bedroom flat/apartment = £760 ish pcm (dagenham just outside london, extortionate prices) Unless other bills were already accounted for not a chance.

Whilst at university once rent and bills were paid, I could get by on about £50 a week comfortably; food and a couple of nights out.
    That's cheaper than where I live and I'm half an hour outside of Stockholm.

Deleted
    When i was unemployed i had to live off £200 ($325.06) a month, £80($130.02) of that i gave to my mother as rent/board. Whilst my mum would pay for gas,electric and some food i had to get alot of stuff on my own and it isn't easy.

My weight dropped alot (i would only eat when i had to) and it was fairly hard to live a normal life (going out with friends was a nogo) not to mention been a gamer was difficult and buying a game on release would require me to sacrifice in other areas.

Deleted
    My budget for food, transport, and everything else except rent & heating/gas/electricity is £30 per week...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea i could live off that. sure it wouldnt be enjoyable and id probably be eating a lot of ramen but i could do it. i dont have any kids, but i have all the other bills an adult would normally have, electric, gas, rent, car payment, insurance yada yada yada

Deleted
    Um. As a UK resident under the age of 25, I get £7.40 a day to live on. (AUS$11.45) I live alone but dont qualify for anything more than that.

I WISH I had that much :P

Deleted
    $35 a day is quite a lot, I think I could live on less, especially the way I used to live when I was a little younger.

$35 a day is roughly £21.70, multiply that by 365 gives you £7920.50, I used to live in a shared house which if I was living off just this amount a year I would move back to. I paid £220 a month which was inc of all bills (inc internet), that would only take up 2640, which would leave me around £14.46 a day to live on, that's way more than enough to feed myself on every day, I roughly spend about £40 a week on shopping now without trying to be conservative, so that would leave me £61.22 a week to save and do whatever I like with.

Deleted
    As a student (UK) i live on far, far less.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    You guys just never had real proper milk tea in its birthplace!

Though to be fair Taiwan is so scorchingly hot anything cold feels ungodly good.
    haha fair enough, although im not refering to that interesting drink, but to putting milk in your hot tea that is just wrong, ruins the tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I vote this to be the most derailed thread of the month.
    You didnt even see the other threat that got locked, that was derailed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    haha fair enough, although im not refering to that interesting drink, but to putting milk in your hot tea that is just wrong, ruins the tea.
    Depends of the tea, surely? I wouldn't put milk in any tea other than English breakfast tea.