Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I hate the current system, because if you start playing even a week after the season starts 2200 seems impossible because the high rated teams sit on 2200+ and never play again, and you have to get 20 wins in a row to gain 50 points, if you lose even a single one you lose all 50 of those points and have to start all over again. Not very fun if you fight counter teams... but i don't think this would be much better, probably because i don't understand it.

  2. #22
    honestly a lot of issues would be fixed if they just fucking reset mmr every season like they say they will but never do.

    making it decay over time to deter people from sitting on rating would also go a long way to keep the ladders active.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2013-01-03 at 07:12 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  3. #23
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,720
    There's a sticky that explains perfectly how the current MMR-system works, you may want to read it.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Making-Rating

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    No it simply does not work because 50% of the teams will be stuck at 0 rating and the other teams just get rating on how much they play and not on how good they actually are.

    Where is the fun when you are good and all you meet are players you beat with your eyes closed or when you are bad and everyone and their mom beats you with no problems?
    No problem with rate 10 or rate 500 against rate 0. All vs All random.

    Rate is bonus ranking and nothing more. No change ur status and gear.

    Win is win, loss is loss.
    Last edited by Azedo; 2013-01-03 at 07:13 PM.

  5. #25
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Azedo View Post
    No problem with rate 10 or rate 500 aganist rate 0. All vs All random.

    Rate is bonus ranking and nothing more. No change ur status and gear.

    Win is win, loss is loss.
    People don't play for that. They implemented the current MMR system in s5 because people were sick of being roflstomped by high skilled players.

    When I face a team I can win 1v3, the only thing I get from it is a clip to show off with for when I'd decide to make a pvp movie, but fun, nope.
    On the other hand, if I was a bad player, I really don't feel like getting my ass kicked all the time by players that are a lot better then me, simple as it is.

    A game is made to have fun, not to roflstomp everyone that worse then you and to get roflstomped by everyone better then you, because that my son, is no fun.

    Also, seeing how you say that rating is only a bonus that gives absolutely nothing, why don't you just remove rating then?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    People don't play for that. They implemented the current MMR system in s5 because people were sick of being roflstomped by high skilled players.

    When I face a team I can win 1v3, the only thing I get from it is a clip to show off with for when I'd decide to make a pvp movie, but fun, nope.
    On the other hand, if I was a bad player, I really don't feel like getting my ass kicked all the time by players that are a lot better then me, simple as it is.

    A game is made to have fun, not to roflstomp everyone that worse then you and to get roflstomped by everyone better then you, because that my son, is no fun.

    Also, seeing how you say that rating is only a bonus that gives absolutely nothing, why don't you just remove rating then?
    Yes, the game need the "ladders", but similar the championships. All vs All, without tricks and cheats.

    More wins, more rate. More loss, more negative rate.

  7. #27
    Dreadlord aeir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    most places, recently
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Azedo View Post
    I disagree. My system is more effective, clean and rightful.

    Rewards-like MOBA (skins and colors).
    System Battle more humanised (lucky and skills).
    More fun. Mallorca teams can overcome others Barcelona teams.

    Ur IMO, dislike this.
    All your analogies with sports are completely wrong.

    You compare it with the NBA where only the top plays, where there are 1239183981983 teams that aren't even near that level. So what you really are suggesting is some shitty system for someone who are already 2500 rated. If you really want to compare, then it's like having Real Madrid(2500) playing versus some third division, unknown team that has NO chance(1200).

    So, no. Matching making is good, and soon to be improved.
    in depth.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Azedo View Post
    Do u like this?

    /us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/

    3k rated with com Exploit and Wintrades.
    Ppl cheating or exploiting the current system doesn't mean we "fix" it with another broken system.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  9. #29
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Azedo View Post
    Yes, the game need the "ladders", but similar the championships. All vs All, without tricks and cheats.

    More wins, more rate. More loss, more negative rate.
    Are you even understanding the whole point I'm making?
    Nobody wants to play against people that are far better and far worse then them.

    This is not football nor basketball, your idea simply does not work here.
    It works for football because everyone plays an equal amount of games, with an equal amount of games played against another team and because teams of same skill are in the same division.
    It's because of the 4 underlined things that it works, remove one of them and it no longer works.

  10. #30
    Last time I checked, professional sports teams don't have to play against middle school teams. Your sports analogies are just completely fail.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    All your analogies with sports are completely wrong.

    You compare it with the NBA where only the top plays, where there are 1239183981983 teams that aren't even near that level. So what you really are suggesting is some shitty system for someone who are already 2500 rated. If you really want to compare, then it's like having Real Madrid(2500) playing versus some third division, unknown team that has NO chance(1200).

    So, no. Matching making is good, and soon to be improved.
    instantactionsports.com/uk/sports-articles/football-w12.html

    I disagree,
    Real Madrid defeated by a 3rd Division team.

    Barcelona Basket team beat Lakers.
    euroleague.net/beta/american-tour-10/main-page/i/76591/4755/nba-europe-live-report-regal-fc-barcelona-92-88-los-angeles-lakers

  12. #32
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Azedo View Post
    instantactionsports.com/uk/sports-articles/football-w12.html

    I disagree,
    Real Madrid defeated by a 3rd Division team.

    Barcelona Basket team beat Lakers.
    euroleague.net/beta/american-tour-10/main-page/i/76591/4755/nba-europe-live-report-regal-fc-barcelona-92-88-los-angeles-lakers
    Yeah, exceptions happen where a baddy gets a lot of luck and wins. A chance that's so stupidly low you shouldn't base a whole system around it.
    Exceptions are never something you should base something around.

    If you feel like disagreeing with that, I'd love to see a list of how many times your 2 "top" teams kicked the asses of worse teams.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-01-03 at 07:54 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Azedo View Post
    instantactionsports.com/uk/sports-articles/football-w12.html

    I disagree,
    Real Madrid defeated by a 3rd Division team.

    Barcelona Basket team beat Lakers.
    euroleague.net/beta/american-tour-10/main-page/i/76591/4755/nba-europe-live-report-regal-fc-barcelona-92-88-los-angeles-lakers
    So the Lakers travel several thousand miles with back ups and bench players and loose to a team that was almost certainly playing it heart out. To flip this and put it in arena terms it would be like a 1100 team playing a 2700 team with their little brothers and sisters playing their toons. Sure it is a 2700 team but just not the same players.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  14. #34
    High Overlord Crass1096's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    119
    If this happened I would quit wow.

  15. #35
    Field Marshal Jarim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    90
    This guy better be trolling.

    I'll bait, though. Basically according to you, if you're above the 50% playerbase, the more you play, the more rating you gain. How would the best players then be decided? This would completely eliminate the competition from the game, and just make PvP a /roll and boring grind.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Yeah, exceptions happen where a baddy gets a lot of luck and wins. A chance that's so stupidly low you shouldn't base a whole system around it.
    Exceptions are never something you should base something around.

    If you feel like disagreeing with that, I'd love to see a list of how many times your 2 "top" teams kicked the asses of worse teams.
    Ok,

    what do you think about this?

    ---------------------------------

    The New System 1.1 (patch ELO System)

    Only Elite Gear for all (buy with honor).


    ELO System Mode On

    ---------------------------------

    ELO HELL - Third Division

    Negative Rate / 0 / 500 Positive Rate


    ELO Burning - Second Division

    501 Positive Rate / 1000 Positive Rate


    ELO Freedom - First Division

    1001+ Positive Rate

    ---------------------------------

    Ladder points:

    Win = 20 rate
    Loss = 10 rate


    ---------------------------------


    Rewards Rated.

    500+
    Skin Gear Red

    1000+
    Skin Gear Black


    ---------------------------------

    Final Season Rewards.

    Mount Racial with armor and black skin.
    Last edited by Azedo; 2013-01-05 at 07:09 PM.

  17. #37
    It simply wouldn't work. Wintrading would be SO easy that literally everyone would do it.

    Wait up until 6am on monday morning on and queue into your friends who purposely lose to you for 10 games, then they swap to their alts and let you win 10 more, then swap to other chars and let you win 10 more.

    MMR is fine, it just needs to be tweaked and they need to actually catch exploiters. Besides, exploiters make up about <0.1% of the ladder.

  18. #38
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    It simply wouldn't work. Wintrading would be SO easy that literally everyone would do it.

    Wait up until 6am on monday morning on and queue into your friends who purposely lose to you for 10 games, then they swap to their alts and let you win 10 more, then swap to other chars and let you win 10 more.

    MMR is fine, it just needs to be tweaked and they need to actually catch exploiters. Besides, exploiters make up about <0.1% of the ladder.
    Agreed with this. Especially the part I underlined.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    It simply wouldn't work. Wintrading would be SO easy that literally everyone would do it.

    Wait up until 6am on monday morning on and queue into your friends who purposely lose to you for 10 games, then they swap to their alts and let you win 10 more, then swap to other chars and let you win 10 more.

    MMR is fine, it just needs to be tweaked and they need to actually catch exploiters. Besides, exploiters make up about <0.1% of the ladder.
    I disagree, again. :]

    Need 50 Wintrades for 500 rate points in my System. It's f. hard to do.

    -----------------------------

    But at MMR System,
    8 wins = 2800
    11 wins = 3k

    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Neverever/pvp#bgs

    us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Azedo View Post
    I disagree, again. :]

    Need 50 Wintrades for 500 rate points in my System. It's f. hard to do.

    -----------------------------

    But at MMR System,
    8 wins = 2800
    11 wins = 3k

    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Neverever/pvp#bgs

    us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/
    I don't know much about BGs, but I'm pretty sure that's exploiting and not legit queueing. Besides, to get the team rating high enough to pull off something like this is done through wintrading anyway, which would just make this whole thing easier.

    Sure it'd take more games, but it wouldn't stop them doing it.

    Also, the biggest reason why Blizzard would never implement this is because they like the MMR system as it queues you into people of similar skill level and rewards you if you beat someone better, and punishes if you lose to someone worse. It's a perfect system it just needs touching up and gotten rid of the very small amount of exploiters which are ruining it for everyone else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •