Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mage self heals are fine. I have no issue in PvP (GRANTED I do NOT pvp a lot) or in raids staying alive if I need to use one of my healing abilities. Hell in Garalon I was averaging like 6k-8k HPS throughout the fight.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Well then bummer, he knows what he's doing and you don't. Mages revolve around not taking damage.
    so if ur out in the open with no form of los you're going to be able to just not take any dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    deal, u can have self heals too, i mean this game was supposedly homogenized so everyone has everything...so why cant every class have self heals that actually benefit them? im all for it. Its better than being a sitting duck if u run into any class with an interrupt(which is every single class)[COLOR="red"]
    Excellent.

So frost + unholy dk's get self heals, immunity spells, dont forget to add our disorientate spells and root spells too.

And mages get self heals.

I fully support your ideas

15+ Year Old Account
    another casted heal that u have to have a druid with u to have and will most likely get interrupted...

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 03:45 PM ----------

but spriests, rets, locks all have shields and dmg reducing cooldowns.....why take ours away?
    Then pop icebarrier, invis, go evocate in a corner and come back? It's what you said the other pure dps is doing (rogue)!

fire isnt frost we dont have as much control.
    I'm sorry but this doesn't fly, fire and frost are on pretty similar levels controll wise, one could argue that it's far easier to deep with a petnova, but it's also allot easier to ring with dragon's breath.

You can heal with coldsnap, and with evocation, that's enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    hunters dont have a self heal.
    the heal from evonc glyph is much better then hunters got.
    Yes they do. And no, hunters have better self heal then mages.

people keep going back to the team thing, im not taking about arena....i already said this numerous times...
    Game is not balanced around 1v1 (or 2v1, or 3v1), and there is no battleground that does not involve you having a team.
    If you are frequently far from your allies and thus die, perhaps you should reconsider your strategy

Deleted
    lol what? it's your choice to play fire mage..

Deleted
    (...) to help with survivabilty
    - polymorph
    - invisibility
    - ice block
    - blink
    - Incanter's Ward
    - cauterize
    - ice barrier

No you dont need.

Deleted
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with mages. Mages already have very high effective HP via absorption and avoidance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Yes they do. And no, hunters have better self heal then mages.
    owh you mean our 30% talent ? or our we need an special pet we got to camp 5 days long to have ourself a self heal pet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    hunters dont have a self heal.
    the heal from evonc glyph is much better then hunters got.
    Hunters have:
    Exhilaration
    Level 45 hunter talent
    2 min cooldown
    Instant cast
    Instantly heals you for 30% and your pet for 100% of total health.

quite powerful if used smart. Or you take Spirit Bond (2% heal to you and the pet every 2 seconds) which translates into the same amount of heal over 30 seconds. It's not as good against burst, but has no cool down therefore. If your pet has Heart of the Phoenix talent, then you won't have to worry about losing the Spirit Bond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages do not need heals at all, they aren't a healing class at all, to point out the fact other classes have them that shouldn't or that off spec healers are OP
    WoW either needs to Nerf all off spec healers and take them away from all none healing classes, OR they need to buff more interupts especially in BGs its flat out of hand.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

If you really want another way to heal go night elf. Shadow meld and eat. But I have to agree with others here, mages have a great toolkit. Adding straight up heals will be unbalanced which there is but you say it doesn't count so w/E.

Spriests have heals but suffer greatly when being trained absolutely no way out. When they blow dispersion it's gg for them.

Also the feral thing doesn't exist anymore. Neither does the rogue one. Ferals can no longer just go bear form and heal up. Rogue recuperate heals are trash. Have you even played since mop? None of these things exist anymore. Pallies after cds are gone hit like wet noodles and their self heals have been toned down.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    If you really want another way to heal go night elf. Shadow meld and eat. But I have to agree with others here, mages have a great toolkit. Adding straight up heals will be unbalanced which there is but you say it doesn't count so w/E.
    Hell, you could even just use Invisibility to do that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Hell, you could even just use Invisibility to do that :P
    Indeed you can! So really, mage self heals are fine you just gotta learn to prevent the damage from happening which is what the class is designed around. If that fails you can still heal!

If you are gonna play mage with a spriest or lock mentality (tank dmg heal up sorts thing) your not gonna get anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    people keep going back to the team thing, im not taking about arena....i already said this numerous times...
    Yeah, and not everything in my comment revolved around relying on your team. The shield that heals is more for solo play. And so is Alter Time healing.

Deleted
    while we're at it, mages should get an "I win button" in arena, so the team that uses it first wins.
    You might not talk about arena's but it does affect them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should not play a mage then.
    Because we have plenty of heals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Maybe you should not play a mage then.
    Because we have plenty of heals.
    yea "plenty" of heals...

invisibility is useless, if u have any form of dot on u, invisibiltiy does nothing for u.

rogue recuperate is just as Op as ever...

feral self healing is still as Op as ever...

ret pally heals really didnt get that much of a nerf, they are still out of control...