Deleted

Upgrading old computer for Planetside 2

Hi guys,

I have a budget of about 200 British pounds to upgrade my computer- I have a decentish graphics card (Nvidia 560ti) So I just need a processor/RAM and MOBO.

Recommended specs needed for planetside 2:

OS Windows 7
    Processor Intel i5 processor or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
    Memory 8 GB RAM
    Hard Drive 15 GB free
    Video Memory 1,024 MB RAM
    Video Card nVidia GeForce GTX 500 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
    Sound Card DirectX compatible

Any recommendations? I have a pretty good PSU and Case/ monitor so just need MOBO processor and RAM!

Just to add - I play at pretty low resoloutions as my monitor sucks - playing at 1280 x 1024
    Last edited by mmoca3236ac07d; 2013-01-03 at 05:14 PM.

You would be better going for intel but even for an i5 processor that can't be overclocked and new mobo your looking at over 200 quid and even then i hear the fps is still sub 60 and thats not even the settings on ultra though you'll not have so much of a problem with the lower resolution

Deleted
    http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/m...bb-33308a.html INTEL i5 just a little over budget?
    Last edited by mmoca3236ac07d; 2013-01-03 at 05:34 PM.

Intel i5's are currently the best because it has some of the strongest individual cores for games that can only utilize 2 cores or less and it has 4 cores for everything else.

If you are an AMD fanboy, the FX-6300 would be fine. stay away from the FX-6100 tho.

as for motherboards, once you pick out the right socket type for your processor they are basically based on personal preference based on versatility for possible future upgrades, overclocking, customer reviews, and/or price.