Thread: Huge Lag Spikes

Huge Lag Spikes

I've been getting huge lag spikes since last night. Been monitoring it all day with Connection Monitor. My latency remains 31ms but spikes to 1000ms for 10 seconds randomly. Which is enough to disconnect me from games in WOW and LOL. As well as slow video stream and such.

Its getting pretty frustrating and it seems like its only happening to my laptop of which is connect directly into a router. Where as other computers/Xbox in the house don't get these random spikes. So the problem can't be my ISP (Comcast), modem, or router.

Anyone have a clue at what is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
    I've been getting huge lag spikes since last night. Been monitoring it all day with Connection Monitor. My latency remains 31ms but spikes to 1000ms for 10 seconds randomly. Which is enough to disconnect me from games in WOW and LOL. As well as slow video stream and such.

Its getting pretty frustrating and it seems like its only happening to my laptop of which is connect directly into a router. Where as other computers/Xbox in the house don't get these random spikes. So the problem can't be my ISP (Comcast), modem, or router.

Anyone have a clue at what is going on?
    Things to try:

1. Try a wireless network card
    2. Try a different port on your router - ports DO go bad
    3. Replace the network cable going to your router

NIC's in laptops have been notorious for having poor performance, both wireless and hard-wired. I've always had the best success buying a 3rd party wireless network card,