Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0--3-0-0.html

    Windwalker currently above 2.2k: 0.4%
    Mistweaver currently above 2.2k: 0.3%
    Brewmaster Currently above 2.2k: 0%
    Total monks above 2.2k: 0.7%

    Arms Currently above 2.2k: 18.4%
    Protection Currently above 2.2k: 0.6%
    Fury Currently above 2.2k: 0.4%
    Total Warriors above 2.2k: 19.4%

    ..... huh. Mind telling me who doesn't need buffs again?

  2. #42
    Thinking Blizz will fix obvious problems on PTR? They've proven us wrong probably 10+ times now. They are godawful at listening to balance feedback from PTRs.

    OT: Massgrip into Ring of peace in RBGs will be lol.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    You mean monks arent facerolled anymore by every single class and now they are FOTM op?

    K.

    Seems its a L2P issue.
    Its funny because is the same thing that warrior said when Mop was lunched.

    "We're no more killed by every class like s12, and you say we're OP...no man you're a noob"

    If u know what i mean


  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    OT: Massgrip into Ring of peace in RBGs will be lol.
    Oh, you mean like Boomys glyphed into solar beam popping vortex with DK AoE grip? Oh don't worry about the disarm, your warrior just mass feared everyone, so they can't attack anyway.

  5. #45
    Old God apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    10,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    Oh, you mean like Boomys glyphed into solar beam popping vortex with DK AoE grip? Oh don't worry about the disarm, your warrior just mass feared everyone, so they can't attack anyway.
    I don't think the disarm is going to matter that much. If you are going to be getting mass gripped into a solar beam or RoP you really should not be able to attack your target anyways.

    Please before you call something op try in on the ptr, don't 'think it is op' by just reading numbers.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  6. #46
    I was thinking of resubbing as the buffs to Rogue are tempting to me. However I've been watching some streams on Twitch and monks look absolutely wtfridiculous. Half of the new shit they got on PTR needs to be removed, I was watching a Rogue vs Monk duel and Blind was completely worthless, he trinketed a stun, trinketed the blind and then proceeded to global the rogue in 3-4 hits with random 80k crits coming out of the monk's ass with zero setup required + Beast mastery 2.0 with a pet soloing you

    Absolute joke, yes they need buffs like Rogues did but even the Rogue buffs which are arguably too much pale in comparison to the OP shit they've given to monks. No way I'll be resubscribing if Monks go live as is, because I refuse to roll fotm.

  7. #47
    Sometimes when people see an overall weak class as compared to others suddenly buffed and doing much better, where people could brainlessly kill them before... people yell that they're "overpowered".

    Besides, they can become a fotm class all they want, it's still a class that you have to be a pretty good player to do really well with one.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    Sometimes when people see an overall weak class as compared to others suddenly buffed and doing much better, where people could brainlessly kill them before... people yell that they're "overpowered".

    Besides, they can become a fotm class all they want, it's still a class that you have to be a pretty good player to do really well with one.
    Not really, they look fairly faceroll to me. Insane damage with no setup required, do you need to put up slice and dice and bleeds to get full damage? Or just press cooldowns as they flash up and watch big crits?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    Not really, they look fairly faceroll to me. Insane damage with no setup required, do you need to put up slice and dice and bleeds to get full damage? Or just press cooldowns as they flash up and watch big crits?
    Build up 3+ stack of tigereye brew (6 chi spent) > pop with use trink > Tiger palm > Rising sun kick > Xuen > hopefully cc into a fists of fury..... no.... no set-up at all.

    If xuen doesn't have your pre-buffing of Tiger brew + trink + tiger palm + RSK, he hits as hard as a wet noodle.... oh he's a 3 minute cd.

    By the way, monks are kind of the counter to rogues.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    Sometimes when people see an overall weak class as compared to others suddenly buffed and doing much better, where people could brainlessly kill them before... people yell that they're "overpowered".
    Sounds like 3.0 ret talk

  11. #51
    Warchief Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    not sure
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I want to make warriors CRY. Hard. And locks too. Mages, well they kite anyone too easy anyway. But here's hopeing I wont be a squishy free kill next patch.

    Also, BrM in pvp. Lol one stun and they fall dead. (I still like playing it though..)

    Haha, let's pretend monks are bad now.. In patch 5.2 they're op op
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  12. #52
    Brewmaster Jess Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Farmer Land UK; Prev Los Angeles, CA.
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    Not really, they look fairly faceroll to me. Insane damage with no setup required, do you need to put up slice and dice and bleeds to get full damage? Or just press cooldowns as they flash up and watch big crits?
    Those huge crits man.

    No wait we dont have those.

    RoP wont go live like it is because it's retarded, but everything else should stay as is on PTR.

  13. #53
    Old God apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    10,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Those huge crits man.

    No wait we dont have those.

    RoP wont go live like it is because it's retarded, but everything else should stay as is on PTR.
    What should change about it?What is retarded about it?Just do not tell that it is retarded. I want problems and I want solutions.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  14. #54
    A mobile silence/disarm ...that's what is retarded ...oh and 10y radius. but whatever ...blizz isnt able to balance pvp anyway so who cares.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Um, no. That secondary effect allows Monks to not get chain stunned and feared over and over again as is the case currently in Live. As for Ring of Peace, most classes have a defensive ability that can be casted WHILE silenced. Astral Shift, Ice Block, and Barkskin are some major examples. RoP is the way it is because again, Monks have very little methods that can pressure casters and Hunters. Paralysis and RoP help with that.
    Nope, Astral shift cannot be cast when silenced. I don't think any PvP shaman worth their totems take Astrat Shift for PvP anyway. Shaman can not cast anything when silenced any more.
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

    RETH RETH RETH!

  16. #56
    DKs can't use any defensives either. They won't even be able to kite the monk either since chains of ice is unusable while silenced.

  17. #57
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Nope, Astral shift cannot be cast when silenced. I don't think any PvP shaman worth their totems take Astrat Shift for PvP anyway. Shaman can not cast anything when silenced any more.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7392649569

    Its a recent change.

    EDIT: I just tested it on PTR, and it works there as well.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-01-06 at 05:23 AM.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Alidori View Post
    They're unkillable on the ptr.
    Their sustained is more powerful than most classes' full cd popped burst.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Their sustained is more powerful than most classes' full cd popped burst.
    That's funny because our sustained damage got 0 buffs. In fact it was slightly nerfed given the fact that our mastery no longer gives us Combo Breaker procs (of which even if we reforged out of it we would still have some).

    Only our burst damage was buffed (it is now improved by mastery). The uptime is fairly high in PVE (about 50%), but in PVP we usually only get around a 20-25% uptime.

    Our burst damage is capable of getting really high, but we have to sacrifice a lot of crit or haste to get there so when we have high burst our sustained damage is bad.

    Most of our buffs on the PTR are utility and survivability. We no longer fall over in a stun. Decent damage was already there on live, but nobody cared cause we had not much else to offer.

  20. #60
    The irony of many of the Monks saying the exact same crap as Warriors did early in the expac is most definitely not lost on me. They deserve buffs but not to the level that they currently are on the PTR, and it is early so I don't see why people are even freaking out yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •