Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Not that I support Warchief Theron (purely because his thematic would clash horribly with the job), but his willingness to work with the Alliance (or at least its "High King") under the right circumstances is a point in his favour imo. Realistically, the Horde will be at quite a disadvantage after its biggest war machine is divided in the SOO; it might be its best interests to be on somewhat... cordial terms with the Alliance after Garrosh goes down.
    I would work... but it would always be considered as the Alliance puppet. Much like our real world's history.

Deleted
    Lor'themar has no reason to care about the other Horde races, nor has he shown any inclination to. While he makes a fantastic faction leader for the Blood Elves, the Horde needs somebody who holds a passion for it as a whole. Then again, who knows where the story is going? Blizz could surprise us. I won't rule him out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Implying that Blood Elves are the backbone of the Horde.

Spoiler alert: They aren't, but the Orcs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Implying that Blood Elves are the backbone of the Horde.

Spoiler alert: They aren't, but the Orcs are.
    Lore wise, i mean i even play BELF but i see Orcs as the main Cog in the Horde War Machine.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    meh Vol'jin is too much of a coward to lead the horde.

Where is he now? Right, playing dead.
    Not only that, he's also a traitor.
    The Zalandari homeland gets destroyed by the Cataclysm, his own people call him for a meeting to decide the future of the troll race and what does he do ? He rats them out to not only the Horde but also to the Alliance.
    Trolls are my favorite race in the game but after that i started to despise Vol'jin and i hoped he died in that scenario. Too bad he didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't have a problem with it. I like him, he is intelligent and really care for his people. If he become Warchief, I'm pretty sure, all the races in the Horde will be his people for him.
    But the orcs wouldn't be that happy about it, maybe.

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putting aside the fact that I mostly play Alliance now days (only play horde to play with some mates from when I WAS horde) I'd prefer Vol'Jin, yet be like "huh, ok, cool i guess?" if it did happen
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

i would react with wondering if he has what it takes to keep the other races in check and working together. since we've seen that he bends over backwards to appease Silvanis, even after his people are coming off a bloody civil war. i highly doubt he's cut out for the job. unless with recent event he grows a spine enough to tell the the other race leaders to fall in line or negotiate them into working with him then no. he isn't cut out for it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zambooka View Post
    Lor'themar has no reason to care about the other Horde races, nor has he shown any inclination to. While he makes a fantastic faction leader for the Blood Elves, the Horde needs somebody who holds a passion for it as a whole.
    this is my position exactly or at least the inverse of it, where if he does not care for the other races at least have the spine to get them in line. and i REALLY doubt the orcs wouldn't just tell him to piss off at best and try and usurp him at worst.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-01-04 at 11:30 PM.

As a life-long Hordie, I'd be totally okay with a Blood Elf as Warchief.

There is a foreshadow of war amongst the horde itself, but Blizzard already told us that when MoP was announced (the final raid will be kicking Garrosh's ass, and that is not going to happen without the support of other horde leaders). As for new warchief, even if Garrosh survives, he won't remain so. I'd be willing to bet Vol'jin will be the new warchief, he's been a part of the Warcraft franchise for a while. Now, I personally don't really care, but I'm sure a good number of people would be quite upset if Lor'themar became warchief over some other possiblities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Baine has been given the best setup for Warchief in the media so far. He's a strong leader, courageous, not willing to bow to Garrosh, has a friendship with Anduin, and is the best hope for peace between the two factions following MoP, which may be needed if the next expansion is to revisit the Burning Legion, as has been hinted.

Vol'jin has had some importance in the game and novels, but it's not painting him in the best light for leadership. He's meek, cowardly, and barely even able to lead his own people, let alone the entire Horde. He's not even willing to confront Garrosh directly, instead threatening to assassinate him. The leader of the Horde needs to be able to win a mak'gora, not resort to killing with poison from the shadows.

Lor'themar hasn't really had a lot of development yet, but he's at least a strong and willful leader. However, I see him as having a more major role in the short term, leading to Garrosh's downfall and perhaps facillitating some cross-faction cooperation with Varian.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    i would react with wondering if he has what it takes to keep the other races in check and working together. since we've seen that he bends over backwards to appease Silvanis, even after his people are coming off a bloody civil war.
    He didn't do what he did to appease Sylvanas, though. He did it to make sure his people would remain safe from the Scourge. Sylvanas could have made Lor'themar dance around her throne room in a purple tutu whilst singing Southsea Pirate sea shanties if it meant he'd earn the help of the Forsaken. The situation is different now, thankfully, and he acts indifferent to her.
    Last edited by mmoc0d440a836c; 2013-01-05 at 12:25 AM.

I surely am not very original, but have to ask: Lor'the-who?

Who is this guy?

15+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't care, Alliance

Deleted
    That would be like the biggest bullshit ever only a Orc or maybe a Tauren could lead the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Zambooka View Post
    He didn't do what he did to appease Sylvanas, though. He did it to make sure his people would remain safe from the Scourge. Sylvanas could have made Lor'themar dance around her throne room in a purple tutu whilst singing Southsea Pirate sea shanties if it meant he'd earn the help of the Forsaken. The situation is different now, thankfully, and he acts indifferent to Sylvanas.
    like i said i can only see him getting anything or anywhere with the other races if he grows a pair and lets people know he has what it takes to lead the horde. but seeing as the rest of the races, orcs i can see most of all don't much care/respect the Belves. i doubt they would take orders from them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Baine has been given the best setup for Warchief in the media so far. He's a strong leader, courageous, not willing to bow to Garrosh, has a friendship with Anduin, and is the best hope for peace between the two factions following MoP, which may be needed if the next expansion is to revisit the Burning Legion, as has been hinted.

Vol'jin has had some importance in the game and novels, but it's not painting him in the best light for leadership. He's meek, cowardly, and barely even able to lead his own people, let alone the entire Horde. He's not even willing to confront Garrosh directly, instead threatening to assassinate him. The leader of the Horde needs to be able to win a mak'gora, not resort to killing with poison from the shadows.

Lor'themar hasn't really had a lot of development yet, but he's at least a strong and willful leader. However, I see him as having a more major role in the short term, leading to Garrosh's downfall and perhaps facillitating some cross-faction cooperation with Varian.
    Even though I think you are 100% correct I don't think Blizzard will go with a level headed, kind Warchief after Garrosh. Like you said Baine would most likely bring peace towards the two factions and I think that's the opposite direction Blizzard wants to go (putting the war back into warcraft ect ect). I think after Garrosh we will get another Garrosh clone.

That is unless the next expansion is us going up against the Legion and Blizz decides the two factions need to team up again like in wrath. In this case I think they will go back to Thrall or what you surggested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Even though I think you are 100% correct I don't think Blizzard will go with a level headed, kind Warchief after Garrosh. Like you said Baine would most likely bring peace towards the two factions and I think that's the opposite direction Blizzard wants to go (putting the war back into warcraft ect ect). I think after Garrosh we will get another Garrosh clone.

That is unless the next expansion is us going up against the Legion and Blizz decides the two factions need to team up again like in wrath. In this case I think they will go back to Thrall or what you surggested.
    Wrathion is building up something completely different. The next Warchief (if there is one) will be a moderate.

Deleted
    Sorry if you guys misunderstood me - I said "how would you react IF he became warchief", not "I WANT him to be warchief". As interesting as I find his new character, I personally prefer my idea about a Council of Orgrimmar.