Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Aku View Post
    Personally, I think the book is tied to Durumu the Forgotten, an upcoming Beholder boss from the Throne of Thunder.
    The idea is pretty nice, however I don't think the application might be as nice as it sounds, since it might involve farming progress raid content for the Codex. As for the new raid, it surely has to do something with it, given that they had to place the questline on 5.2 at all costs. Even if it involved 2 parts or the current version which is the whole thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Its the reward from a scenario isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    Its the reward from a scenario isn't it?
    There is no Warlock scenario. The Warlock quest chain got labeled a scenario due to a datamining error, or something along those lines
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Top 3 worst things they can do with this:

1) Gold price
    2) HC raiding requirement
    3) random drop.

Deleted
    Question out of curiosity: Once you learn the green fire, are you able to disable it? And enable it back some time? (Switching from normal to green when you feel like it)

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    From my point of view, I welcome any challenge that does not involve raiding, pvp or gold. What are your thoughts on this?
    3x lvl 25 Rare Minfernals in the pet journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    3x lvl 25 Rare Minfernals in the pet journal.
    try 3x lvl 25 rare minfernals breed PP in the pet journal lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

probably like old dreadsteed quest-chain from pre-bc

Quote Originally Posted by Shanxys View Post
    Question out of curiosity: Once you learn the green fire, are you able to disable it? And enable it back some time? (Switching from normal to green when you feel like it)
    Xelnath, iirc, implied it would be possible to revert, at a steep price
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

My guess involves two other guess in this thread
    Fortunate = The rare Zandalari packs across Pandaria

Determined = Drop of Duruumu the Forgotten, a beholder boss in the new raid, I am moreso afraid of it dropping off Duruumu because of the correlation with the names
    Sealed tome of the -Lost Legion- and Duruumu the -Forgotten-, seems kinda suspicious

Armory^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Top 3 worst things they can do with this:

1) Gold price
    2) HC raiding requirement
    3) random drop.
    And the alternative is what, getting it for logging in? There should be multiple ways of earning it, none of them easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Sealed tome of the -Lost Legion- and Duruumu the -Forgotten-, seems kinda suspicious
    According to that, I have another bad case in mind. What if, determined means go for that boss on normal/heroic, while fortunate stands for getting it for a low chance on lfr?

According to that, I have another bad case in mind. What if, determined means go for that boss on normal/heroic, while fortunate stands for getting it for a low chance on lfr?
    I would think that might be the case. That or massacring rare spawns over and over for a chance at it.

The Codex of Xerrath
    Item Level 90
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    This Item Begins a Quest
    Requires Level 90
    "As you hold the book, whispers of horrifying mysteries tantalize your ears..."

Created by combining a Healstone and the Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion.

It starts a quest where you read the codex, then go any warlock trainer, then you begin the 8 or so quest chain to get greenfire.

The Main part of the chain
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32309

The only thing we don't really have is where to get a hold of the Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion.

Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion
    Item Level 90
    Unique
    Use: Combine with a Healthstone to bind the tome to yourself.
    Requires Level 90
    "The book seems unusually normal, aside from the chains and socket binding it."
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I don't think it will have anything to do with raids. Obviously the moment the tier isn't current anymore most warlocks would have a hard time getting it done. Just no way they would be that weird at this point.

What I would like is it having something to do with soloing old BT or something. I'd love that and obviously it would only get easier over time for new warlocks so all is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    What I would like is it having something to do with soloing old BT or something. I'd love that and obviously it would only get easier over time for new warlocks so all is good.
    Nice idea, however keep in mind that it should include both the "fortunate" and the "determined" cases as well as thinking about the OR relationship between those 2. If there are more than one methods I would say the BMAH comes as a secondary one, while determined was mentioned as a core characteristic.
    I pretty much want to rule out all the raiding possibilities or gold grinding ones. I dunno, the questline, the reward, everything appears to be quite new to the game as an application, therefore I only wish for it to be tested on the PTR asap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    From my point of view, I welcome any challenge that does not involve raiding, pvp or gold. What are your thoughts on this?
    Which leaves us only with quests. Quel'delar style?

Deleted
    I really hope it has the same kind of scenarios as the rogue legendary chain had. Involving a lot of class specific stuff, for rogues it was stealthing, pick pocketing etc.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Which leaves us only with quests. Quel'delar style?
    Lol a BATTERED HILT super nerfed drop rate oh man that makes us locks SOOOO happy haha but no I pray they don't do that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Lol a BATTERED HILT super nerfed drop rate oh man that makes us locks SOOOO happy haha but no I pray they don't do that.
    That was a questionable move indeed. On the other side, dat feeling when you stop bothering about it and then it suddenly drops and you get it... priceless. But yeah, they better not do it again.