BlackThorne! This is definitely my main guess, presuming this rumor / leak is true.
- I don't know why people keep repeating it being a Diablo/Starcraft MMO, are you dense? It's been said multiple times it's a new IP or that at least it would take inspiration from their current franchises. D3 fleshing out the universe and whatever crap is irrelevant.
- I hope it isn't a modern MMO/post apocalyptic. Had absolutely zero interest in Secret World, and Post-A is not my thing, unless it's Last of Us, and that is not an MMO fortunately
- If it's Sci-Fi, it better be incredibly well done and interesting, something that clearly sets it apart from Starcraft, which in itself is a clone of Warhammer 40k. Look at Bungie's Destiny as an example, it's an upcoming console MMO. Looks cool from what I've seen.
Personally, I hope it takes inspiration from Warcraft and Diablo, and creates a more volatile and mature world, and less cartoony than WoW, for sure. Doesn't mean it can't have casual elements, I just want a more serious setting than Pandaland.
---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 11:56 PM ----------
Still as much speculation as anyone else as to what Titan will end up being however seeing as they have already stated that the "next-gen mmo" Titan will be a brand new IP for them I have a feeling that it will most likely be a futuristic MMO with the possibility of trying to work in some kind of potential Steampunk to it which I personally think would work very well and Blizzard could carry off as it would be different enough from each of their current franchises.
Additionally as possible future/steampunk/space hybrid type MMO could potentially tap in to another different but currently niche market. If they build it in such a way that could appeal to the EVE-online playerbase with sufficient similarities to intrigue them, but not quite as brutal they could be on to another smash hit. If they can tempt some of the more casual EVE players away while being open enough to the larger market of players a la WoW this from a business market view this would potentially be golden for them.
I wouldn't be surprised if they took all the best working pieces from all the current gen MMOs out there to make Titan the next big thing.
* Imagine, a global market/AH as you have in EVE or GW2.
* The dynamic eventing system of GW2 that also scales your character to levels of zones if the zones are level bracketed like most current MMOs.
* WoWs CRZ (love it or hate it).
* LFP (LFD or LFR equivalent for the new game).
* Player housing etc that I believe is currently in Rift.
* Crafting systems that are more in depth and exploratory (think GW2 crafting system taking to a whole new level or depth and variation).
* Exploration and puzzle rewards off the normal beaten track to get you out in the world more like in GW2.
* Massive pvp WvWvW concepts (if multi shards/servers) in addition to small scale structured tournament style pvp (5vs5 or 8vs8 or 10vs10 Arenas).
* A completely separate pvp to pve system if the game feels it has to approach that routeso that they can be balanced totally separately and changing one does not affect the other.
* A never ending skill system that takes time to achieve like EVE's skill system where you can never truly master everything (to max every skill in EVE take approx 30 years) but can be good in a few areas to make you viable in your chosen "proffession" in a matter of months.
IE Ideally the just right balance of sandbox and railwaytracks. Impossible I know you will say but here's hopeful.
Below picture has been bandied about on the internet to supposedly be some leaked concept art for something to do with Titan. No idea to the validity of the statement but it certainly has that Blizzard feel for concept art.
Swords, shields and magic, heroes and evils who want to destroy the world . Where have we seen that before?
Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.
. . . and now, the 7th circle of hell, brought to you by Coca-Cola!!!
In the source I see no quotes where he says it will be a Diablo MMO and with ingame advertisement in mind I doubt it will be a Diablo MMO. Maybe a Blackthorne MMO which I believe is sort of futuristic but then again I have no clue and wiki doesnt seem to help me that much.
Long version (copy/pasted from TF forum)
Completely not related (unfortunately). What happened was that one site used this photo in an article related to Titan (just as a random cover picture) and then a few other sites used it as well and this is all it takes right now for Google to display it quite high in its ranking when someone is searching for Titan pictures (it's on the first row). From here, you can imagine how easily it infiltrated other Titan-related articles, as authors usually search google to find a picture to use. And so it became cannon.
The true origin and meaning of the picture lies with Nicolas Bouvier, concept designer for many games, including Halo. He has never worked for Blizzard though and the picture can't be related to Titan since it's extremely old (2004 or so). Notice the date the picture was added on flickr, but more importantly, the descriptions of the pictures inside the book. They're from a book called Structura: The Art of Sparth, that consists of work done by Nicolas Bouvier and was published in 2008. (with the works being much older)
By the look of pretty much all his posts, it suggests a diablo-esque MMO.
I really hope they don't go through with the idea of in-game advertising such as a McDonald's billboard. That really pisses me off.
I believe it will be more like PS3 home, if you ever played that? They have major franchises selling vanity items in-game for real life cash (Furniture/clothing etc). This model would prove very lucrative for Blizzard as every big franchise would pay big buck for having their brands displayed in one of the potentially biggest MMO's in history. That's my theory of what will happen at least.
Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.
Plan A) $12 per month ($12)
Plan B) $11 per 3 month for 3 month sub ($33)
Plan C) $10 per 6 month for 6 month sub ($60)
You could also choose to play a "free-to-play" option with major limitations on content you get, or you have to spend $$ to unlock content. Product placement may be: 1) just there anyway no matter if you have a sub or not, 2) be there only if you choose the free to play option, or 3) be there in limited form (only in like taverns, shops, etc with product labels and such)
If you want to subscribe to World of Warcraft as well, you can do a combo subscription:
Combo Plan A) $16 per month for subscription to both games ($16)
Combo Plan B) $15 per 3 months " " " " " ($45)
Combo Plan C) $14 per 6 months " " " " " ($84)
WoW sub prices probably wont change from what they are now, or may be reduced by a few dollars a month per sub plan.