Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Sure, go ahead and doubt the guys posting screenshots of the actual game.

And having bite isn't indicative of type. The number of non-dark type pokemon that learn bite outweighs the number that are dark type. Even fucking squirtle learns bite.
    It was still more than showing a picture of their movesets. Chesnaught didn't have any fighting type moves. Anyways, I stand corrected, but I was under the impression that they were going to give each starter a weakness and a strength against the other. Instead they enhanced their weaknesses to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    It was still more than showing a picture of their movesets.
    Are you referring to just the first post? I mean, Emfg said "this thread" and you said "the site" yet you seem to be only going off the first post.

Because the pictures I linked can be found in that thread.
    Anyways, I stand corrected, but I was under the impression that they were going to give each starter a weakness and a strength against the other. Instead they enhanced their weaknesses to each other.
    Why are people under this impression? Did I miss something?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Instead they enhanced their weaknesses to each other.
    Such a redundant decision.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Such a redundant decision.
    Maybe when it comes to battling each other, but as far as typing goes, there are not many pokemon which share their dual typings

Grass-fighting = Breloom, Virizion
    Water-Dark = Sharpedo, Crawdaunt
    Fire-Psychic = Victini

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Maybe when it comes to battling each other, but as far as typing goes, there are not many pokemon which share their dual typings

Grass-fighting = Breloom, Virizion
    Water-Dark = Sharpedo, Crawdaunt
    Fire-Psychic = Victini
    Grass/Dark and Water/Fight are equally if not more rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Grass/Dark and Water/Fight are equally if not more rare.
    Shiftry, Poliwrath and Keldeo are the ones that I can come up with right away. Nuzleaf is a given with Shiftry though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Shiftry, Poliwrath and Keldeo are the ones that I can come up with right away. Nuzleaf is a given with Shiftry though.
    Don't forget Cacturne. At any rate, grass/dark is a terrible combination. 4x weak to bug? No thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    never liked the EV/nature crap and never will

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain to me the storyline in this game? From what I've heard, Pokemon black and white have the best storyline in the series..will this one match it?

If anyone has any info of that sort, that would be fantastic.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    Can someone explain to me the storyline in this game? From what I've heard, Pokemon black and white have the best storyline in the series..will this one match it?

who knows but im betting itll have some team bent on taking over the world again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post

If you play Pokemon for the story, then you're doing it wrong. Black and White may have had the best storyline in the series, but that doesn't mean it was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really know why i do like pokemon...like it's not really got anything that i would classify as being interesting compared to current games... it's turn based, terrible graphics, stagnant story, each game only changes a tiny amount in the game 0o Yet still i buy it and get a group of lvl 100 on each game i get >.<

Dunno if this has been asked before, and I haven't seen any leakers talk about it either, but are there going to be multiple save slots?

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Dunno if this has been asked before, and I haven't seen any leakers talk about it either, but are there going to be multiple save slots?
    Nope. Only one save slot, just like all the rest

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Nope. Only one save slot, just like all the rest
    God damnit gamefreak.

Anyone believe this "Pokemon Leaks are Fake" crap?

If you have been following Pokemon lately since the release will be upon us in about 4 days, there has been an uproar by Nintendo over the "leaks" pulling the Rockstar Games card and trying to be all secretative about it.

Heres an example article from a Canadian news site since alot of the leaks came from early release games to stores in canada:
    http://o.canada.com/technology/gamin...x-and-y-leaks/

Now does anyone actually believe that this statement saying that the "leaks arent true don't believe the posters" is unrealistic and absolutely idiotic? I mean this my own personal opinion but if this is "proven" to be true then shouldnt the fans be mad if they took extra time to make "fake" pokemon with real animations and specific 3D designs and purposely waste time on making "fake pokemon" instead of "real pokemon". I think this is just a bad try by a company who realized their mistake (GamesFreak too) and are horribly covering up. (I havent seen any posts on this yet and I apoligize if there has been).

Any thoughts? Or am I the only one who doesn't believe in their "truth".
    Last edited by flaggel; 2013-10-08 at 11:12 PM.

@flaggel

The article you posted doesn't seem to say anything about the leaks being fake, in fact it says the opposite. Nintendo reps are being sent out to put the kabosh on leaks by going to the stores responsible for breaking the street date.

But I have heard the rumor of which you speak (fake leaks to throw off the masses) and I don't believe it. Fake leaks aren't often attempted by game companies and they are kind of silly when there are legions of fans already willing to make their own fakes for a modicum of internet recognition/trolling. I believe the leaks from folks like Kosthedin to be genuine, as there were enough people in different locations posting similar information accompanied by varied screenshots that it either has to be true or it's one hell of a well coordinated hoax.

But I guess we'll all find out the truth come this weekend.

Well I went and bought a 3DS yesterday so I could play this when it comes out. Should be interesting as I haven't played a pokemon game since like gen 2 lol. (think it was silver I played last)

Will I be able to "catch em all" between the two versions of the game? Or would I have to go back to previous titles. (sweet baby jesus...looks like its up to 649 total as of gen 5?) And more just curious how they handle the pokedex now. And if you need to go back to older games to get ones that aren't in the latest game or not
    Last edited by Lagmonster; 2013-10-09 at 09:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    Well I went and bought a 3DS yesterday so I could play this when it comes out. Should be interesting as I haven't played a pokemon game since like gen 2 lol. (think it was silver I played last)

Will I be able to "catch em all" between the two versions of the game? Or would I have to go back to previous titles. (sweet baby jesus...looks like its up to 649 total as of gen 5?) And more just curious how they handle the pokedex now. And if you need to go back to older games to get ones that aren't in the latest game or not
    They've said you can catch them all, though not sure how this is going to work with legendaries...

zOmg, legendary birds confirmed!

I am so fucking psyched for this game.

I am seriously considering buying both versions (currently have Y pre-ordered) because while I like Y pokemon more, DAT MEGA CHARIZARD X!

Plus I'd be able to easily transfer all starters with my nieces 3DS.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-10-09 at 10:32 PM.