Poll: Do you sign the petition to remove flying mounts?

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I say make this (along with CRZ) a stipulation of PvP servers. PvE/RP servers, can have flying mounts and can opt out of CRZ.
    Sounds agreeable enough; a lot of the anti-flight crowd seems to have a chip regarding its effect on world PvP, which generally doesn't really affect PvE/RP-PvE servers (I'm assuming you also want them disabled on RP-PvP servers) since world PvP takes two to tango on PvE/RP-PvE.

It would require all quest hubs/daily areas (like the virmen and hozen villages/camps/what-have-you north and northwest of the Heartlands in Valley of the Four Winds) to be redesigned to be accessible via ground mount or through a special dialogue with local flight master, both in current content, previous content like the Tempest Keep 5-mans and raids, and in future expansions (which, while not really problematic, would put a little more on the world design and art teams' plates).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loled as the OP's precious picture on first page has been removed.. And I want my flying mounts to stay right where they are I like my flying mounts and I want to keep my flying mounts and in short..

I say a big fat HELL NO to the removal of flying mounts. It is people like the OP that want to ruin the game for everyone else.

I even voted NO.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Sounds agreeable enough; a lot of the anti-flight crowd seems to have a chip regarding its effect on world PvP, which generally doesn't really affect PvE/RP-PvE servers (I'm assuming you also want them disabled on RP-PvP servers) since world PvP takes two to tango on PvE/RP-PvE.

It would require all quest hubs/daily areas (like the virmen and hozen villages/camps/what-have-you north and northwest of the Heartlands in Valley of the Four Winds) to be redesigned to be accessible via ground mount or through a special dialogue with local flight master, both in current content, previous content like the Tempest Keep 5-mans and raids, and in future expansions (which, while not really problematic, would put a little more on the world design and art teams' plates).
    Yeah pretty much they would have to redesign most if not all of Outlands and major redesigns of other areas if they removed flying mounts. I really think that the anti flying mount crowd really have not put much thought into their argument at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    No way, flying mounts were the best addition to the game that was ever done. If any mounts should be removed it's the stupid choppers that just don't fit in the game at all. Don't have one, don't want one.
    HERETIC!

Seriously though, flying machines have been a part of Warcraft since Tides of Darkness. Suit yourself with your inferior, primitive bird-brain mounts if you wish, but the enlightened amongst us shall be blazing forth through the skies on the rickety rotor blades of steam punk awesomeness.
    Last edited by Elementalkin; 2013-01-16 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    HERETIC!

Seriously though, flying machines have been a part of Warcraft since Tides of Darkness. Suit yourself with your inferior, primitive bird-brain mounts if you wish, but the enlightened amongst us shall be blazing forth through the skies on the rickety rotor blades of steam punk awesomeness.
    that my dragon with one shot can blast right out of the sky! /epic guitar atop my proto-drake solo

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure if they suddenly removed flying from WoW, Azeroth would SHRINK considerably, not grow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Why don't they keep it how it is now (flying at max level) but don't remove it completely.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm pretty sure if they suddenly removed flying from WoW, Azeroth would SHRINK considerably, not grow.
    Pretty much I think even the mere suggestion of phasing out flying mounts would probably send the subs plummeting.. I said it before will say it again the anti flying mount brigade have not put any thought at all of what would happen.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I happen to love flying. It still makes me feel in awe to look at the world of Azaroth and Pandaria from high in the air. I can accept flight restriction, but I always look forward to being able to fly in the area I play again. For me, flying is even fun in itself.

Flying has enthralled me from the first moment I could in WoW. Don't take it away Blizz, or you'll have one extremely upset player. People who like them shouldn't have them ripped away. If you don't like them, don't use them!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post

Do you remember exploring the ancient ruins of the Eastern Kingdoms, or the vast plains of Kalimdor?

Can you recall the feeling of crossing one of the little rivers of Elwynn on your way to Westfall?

Remember when trees and mountains looked impressive where they towered far above?

Remember not having everything beautiful on Azeroth look like low-res miniatures in the distance, while you hover idly far above?
    Yeah I remember all that stuff. I can do it again whenever I want. This is the great thing about choice, if I want to go and explore areas on my ground mount or even on foot, I can, if I want to revel in Azeroth's endless beauty, I can, whenever I want, hell sometimes I do.

So why take flying mounts away? If your reason for taking them away is simply because you want to go and explore the world again, there is absolutely nothing stopping you from doing so, but enforcing the same on everyone else when they may not agree is not a good thing. Flying mounts are convenient, they are fast and they get me where I want to go, when I want to. Sure we did fine without them before, but even I am not going to deny that I use mine a hell of alot and I like doing so, they save me time.

You could also say that if we were running through the world again it would get old fast, I might not want to look at the scenery all the time, but I CAN if I want to. Hell I remember before flying mounts were in azeroth, anytime I was traveling somewhere, once I'd seen the place a few times I wasn't even thinking about the scenery around me, I was thinking about my destination and how soon I would be there. Besides, most people used flight paths which is basicly the same thing.

In short.

Don't take flying mounts away.

Go explore if you want to, maybe even take some friends if you want to?

What's the problem?
    Last edited by mmoc2aff718493; 2013-01-16 at 06:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game would be much better without flying mounts. I don't care about pvp either. I am saying this entirely from a pve standpoint. Flying mounts made the massive world feel a lot smaller and its too easy to get from one place to the other (fly up, autorun, afk). The world is massive and should still feel like it. I admit I'd miss my dragons and I do still use them, but that's only because with the way the world is right now its designed to be flown through and walking/ using a ground mount isn't always an option. Trust me though whenever I'm going through org, stormwind, or other areas friendly to ground mounts I do not fly.

Go try Lord of the rings online if you want a game that will never have flying mounts. When it takes 20 minutes to get to one place to another you will start to appreciate how well flying mounts are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do remember adventuring through the vast lands of Azeroth, running through the towering ancient trees of Teldrassil, dry fields of Westfall, desolate wilds of. . .Desolace, etc etc. Even Outland before having a flying mount was an amazing experience. The limitation of only being able to travel on foot gave me a sense of mystery and curiosity of what could be beyond the horizon, what PvP player(s) could be waiting around the corner, etc.

However. . .the experience of being able to fly is just as amazing to me imo. Seeing everything I experienced from vannila and what not, but from the skies is also awesome. When I do feel like running around on my Anzu mount in azeroth, well we still have to option to run around on foot which never gets old for me unless I'm in some kind of rush.

For some reason (maybe it's just me) everything in vanilla and tBC feels a lot smaller to me. It might have something to do with how often I fly through those worlds, but it does give me a sense of progression in those worlds. In that I've mastered and overcomed so much of what warcraft's lore had to give in the past. . .and that my character(s) are moving on to face greater threats that are directed towards what I used to look at as a large world. . .a world I had to wage war and fight through and against, but now I feel big enough to be needing to protect that world. (god sorry that was a super nerdy RP moment and I don't even RP. . .)

I haven't been playing WoW, but I definitely would be disappointed if the ability to fly in-game was removed :c It's not that hard to just choose to run on foot/land mount. Being "forced" to fly out of convenience is YOUR problem, some of us don't let that limit us. . .
    Last edited by GuiltyCrown; 2013-02-08 at 01:40 AM.
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass