Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shengar View Post
    They could implement stuff to make them useful.
    Moonglade is by the way the main scene of the Lunar Festival event so it's more usefull for the player base in general than Acherus is.
    Yeah, but that's not a function of it being a class hub. It might as well be any other zone.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You're saying blizzard should spend more time on content that will be used once by a small fraction of the playerbase while leveling?

(I don't expect to see this person reply)

Pertinent to my point, however, is how "useful" these areas would be. Death Knights actually use their base for runeforges. No other class really has a mechanic that functions that way. Creating completely new zones for a scant few leveling quests, like moonglade, scarcely seems a good use of Blizzard's time.
    Raiding is used by a small fraction of the player-base. BGs are played by a fraction. Every piece of content is only played by a fraction, not the whole or even the large majority, except quests because they are near-mandatory.

Your entire argument just fell apart. I can see how you were hoping I wouldn't reply.

Also if they're implemented for every class it ceases to be "a small fraction" and becomes "everyone" because there is almost nobody who would not benefit from Monk-style daily Exp buffs while levelling, even if it is only when the next expansion comes out.

DKs - Acherus
    Paladins - Light's Hope
    Druids - Moonglade
    Monks - That place in Kun Lai
    Mages - Dalaran

Warriors/Hunters/Rogues - these are generic and don't deserve a whole city to themselves because they are found everywhere

Warlock - uhh...
    Priest - some sort of sanctuary? Shattrah?
    Shamans - there's some nice nature places that could work, but a whole city?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Warriors/Hunters/Rogues - these are generic and don't deserve a whole city to themselves because they are found everywhere
    Thats not really fair. Rogues could have that castle Ravenholdt or the Syndicate base,Warrior probably some arena or stadium and hunters can just get a plain old hunting lodge or cave.

Warriors, Rogues and Hunters certainly aren't a unified force like Mages might be, but it's still easy enough for them to have meeting places like (as the above poster said) Ravenholdt as a centre for Rogue excellence, some kind of moot or battleground where Warriors hang out (Brawler's guild-esque) and a hunting lodge for... Hunters.
    Might not please the people who see their rogues as pirates rather than assassins, or their hunters as snipers rather than beastmasters, but it's as close as we can get.

We warriors had a place for our own once... that island in sea to the east of the Barrens. Sadly it got run over by pirates since the Cata revamp

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    DKs - Acherus
    Paladins - Light's Hope
    Druids - Moonglade
    Monks - That place in Kun Lai
    Mages - Dalaran

Warlock - uhh...
    Priest - some sort of sanctuary? Shattrah?
    Shamans - there's some nice nature places that could work, but a whole city?
    Rogues already have ravenholdt manor. All it needs is a portal back or maybe rogues could be given a teleport spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    and a hunting lodge for... Hunters.
    There's already a hunting lodge in the second dwarf zone - where Thelsamar is. Loch Modan. And isn't there one in Ashenvale too? Or I thought there used to be one.

My friend and I have been saying since the end of Wrath that the DKs at Acherus should invade and take over Strathomle and rebuild it, turning it into a DK city.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    We warriors had a place for our own once... that island in sea to the east of the Barrens. Sadly it got run over by pirates since the Cata revamp
    Oh yeah I'd forgotten about that completely!
    See there's even a precedent for building a much larger version, maybe somewhere in Stranglethorn (next to the troll Arena!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ravenholdt Manor could become a "rogue capital" with minor polishing.

While i like the idea, Horde mages will have a hard time getting into Dalaran, so they would have to compensate for that with another place, but then thats making 2 locations for 1 class.

id prefer Race sanctuaries, ie only blood elves are allowed entry into the sunwell. Inside it offers blood elves Bop transmog items for that race, with limitations if you decide to race change, ie this item can only be used by blood elves.
    Dwarfs can have upper or lower ironforge( cant remember which one)
    Orcs can have the org arena, in which npc battles can be seen within the ring and gladiators training and such with transmog npcs.
    and so on.

Just going to throw a few of my own ideas in here to add to the good ones by other people.

Death Knight - Archeus: The Ebon Hold, Eastern Plaguelands
    Druid - Nighthaven, Moonglade
    Hunter - Nessingwary's Safari, Sholozar Basin
    Mage - Dalaran, Dalaran City
    Monk - Peak of Serenity, Kun'lai Summit
    Paladin - Hearthglen, Western Plaguelands
    Priest - Seat of the Naaru, Shattrath City
    Rogue - Ravenholdt Manor, Hillsbrad Foothills
    Shaman - Throne of Elements, Nagrand
    Warlock - Warlock Island, Shadowmoon Valley
    Warrior - Cruciable of Carnage, Twilight Highlands

Trying to spread them out so that there isn't three class cities in one zone when there is plenty of places around Azeroth. It seems a tad unbalanced as it is.

Eastern Kingdoms: Death Knight, Rogue, Warrior, Paladin (4)
    Kalimdor: Druid (1)
    Northrend: Mage, Hunter (2)
    Outland: Warlock, Priest, Shaman (3)
    Pandaria: Monk (1)

Maybe there is a way they could be juggled so that each Continent has 2 class hubs, and Shaman can go in the Maelstrom or Deepholm?
    Last edited by Qprah; 2013-01-06 at 02:50 AM.

Neat idea, but it would be too much wasted dev time.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Or they could do things over time and not just in one big expansion. If this Warlock island is a sanctuary to for warlocks I suspect more class specific things will come.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    In Tides of War, Maelstrom kinda became the Shaman center.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Or they could do things over time and not just in one big expansion. If this Warlock island is a sanctuary to for warlocks I suspect more class specific things will come.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Lorewise I can't really see Warriors of the same faction coming together in an area as representing a sanctuary, much more Warriors of opposing factions. Way too many distinctions amongst them.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Lorewise I can't really see Warriors of the same faction coming together in an area as representing a sanctuary, much more Warriors of opposing factions. Way too many distinctions amongst them.
    As someone already said, there already was a gathering of Warriors of opposing factions in the Barrens prior to Cataclysm for class quests.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Fray_Island