Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hostage situation in Aurora Colorado. 4 dead.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0..._hp_ref=canada

AURORA, Colo. -- A gunman barricaded inside his Colorado home fired shots at police from a second-story window before he was killed as SWAT officers stormed the home Saturday. Once inside, they found the bodies of three other adults, authorities said.

The suspect, whose name was withheld by police, held officers at bay for nearly six hours after neighbors reported gunfire at 3 a.m. inside the modest townhome in the Denver suburb of Aurora, said police Sgt. Cassidee Carlson.

It wasn't known if officers shot the suspect or if he shot himself.

Investigators said two men and a woman appeared to have been killed before officers arrived.

The suspect shot at police who approached the front of the home with an armored vehicle and who fired tear gas around 8:15 a.m. He was killed when he fired at officers from the second-story window about 45 minutes later, Carlson said.
    Happened not too far from where the movie theatre massacre took place back in July, scary shit!
    Last edited by Fitzgerald77; 2013-01-06 at 01:56 AM.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

15+ Year Old Account
    Just add more fire on the kindling,,,,Guh.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Very tragic. He sounds like someone with some kind of mental instability or something, and if so I bet he's another one that fell through the cracks.

Colorado had a rough year, and now it begins with this. Holy shit.

Jesus, we really can't catch a break now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I was expecting to come back and see this thread riddled with arguments on gun rights. This is quite eerie :P
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Hmm, I was expecting to come back and see this thread riddled with arguments on gun rights. This is quite eerie :P
    Nope, but thanks for being the first. on topic, im staying the fuck away from Colorado.

Sadly this is the way we work. America is bored of gun stories. Soon the media will stop covering them and move on to the next big thing.

Deleted
    Oh, we were supposed to start one? Ok, I'll go first.

In the meantime, in Romania, a drunken madman got a knife and climbed into a bus threatening people. The passangers started beating on the window and as the bus passed the Russian embassey, a gendarme (a sort of officer with a stick, rarely guns that servers to protect the community or a special place) saw it and started running after the bus. The bus driver stopped, the gendarme climbed on and subdued the drunken madman with the knife.

Now what would have happened if the madman had a gun? he'd have shot people on the bus and shot the gendarme. But he didn't, because gun laws in Romania are really strict and not every madman can buy a gun like they buy candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Oh, we were supposed to start one? Ok, I'll go first.

In the meantime, in Romania, a drunken madman got a knife and climbed into a bus threatening people. The passangers started beating on the window and as the bus passed the Russian embassey, a gendarme (a sort of officer with a stick, rarely guns that servers to protect the community or a special place) saw it and started running after the bus. The bus driver stopped, the gendarme climbed on and subdued the drunken madman with the knife.

Now what would have happened if the madman had a gun? he'd have shot people on the bus and shot the gendarme. But he didn't, because gun laws in Romania are really strict and not every madman can buy a gun like they buy candy.
    Conclusion: BAN KNIVES.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    And alcohol! We wouldn't want people to have fun would we?

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    And alcohol! We wouldn't want people to have fun would we?
    And cars. Do you know how much people die in car accidents?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I say we ban people. All of these weapons are carrying people.

Deleted
    And cars. Do you know how much people die in car accidents?!
    Lets ban living! Its the leading cause of death
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I say we ban people. All of these weapons are carrying people.
    xD

Joking aside, I do feel sorry for those innocent victims

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maconi View Post
    sadly this is the way we work. America is bored of gun stories. Soon the media will stop covering them and move on to the next big thing.
    knife crime is soaring be afraid people

15+ Year Old Account
    According to Colorado state records, Archuleta had three previous weapons charges, including a prohibited use of a weapon in 2004 and carrying a concealed weapon in Denver in June.
    ~ http://www.ryot.org/sonny-archuleta-...violence/46394

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the firearm he had was illegally obtained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    The key difference being that guns are nothing but toys people like to play with while knives and cars actually have a use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    The key difference being that guns are nothing but toys people like to play with while knives and cars actually have a use.
    I often find the idea that people compare guns with cars stupid, Cars are not designed to kill people, I think the thing they're looking for is TANK.

and Active Tanks ARE illegal and inactive tanks are very much regulated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Hunting?

A lot of people like to catch their own meat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Hunting?

A lot of people like to catch their own meat.
    We live in the 21st century. There are such things as markets and pig/chicken farms.

Also, the idea of going out into the wilderness to kill wildlife and then eat it seems pretty crazy to me. As far as i know, in my country, all wildlife that anyone would get the idea of eating is forbidden from being hunted and bears (pun intended) a prison penalty. That sounds like a good principle to me.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-01-06 at 02:06 PM.