Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Does this mean we should ban hammers, knives, and alcohol/cars as well?
    That combination is banned almost everywhere and for a good reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I actually didn't know about that. Was he convicted?
    No idea, not heard anything about it since. The shameful thing was people on this forum defending the shooter because the victim ignored the no solicitors signs. Apparently putting a visible sign up gives you the right to execute people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Yeah that was pretty damn disturbing. Worst part was there were actually posters on this forum who thought it was justified because of those signs. ;P
    Nyah, worst part is that any time a subject comes up like this, folks act like it's one of those stories and seems to label us all as the people that agreed with the guy that shot the beef salesman.

I mean, sure, the guy in this story forced his way into a home he most likely knew was occupied, searched around until he found someone and got 5 bullets for his trouble, but lets second guess the situation and assume he went up to the third floor to find the newest issue of Cosmo. The lady is obviously the same as the guy that shot someone obviously no threat on his front porch...

She shot for center of mass on a large (judging by picture) assailant wielding a crowbar that had just forced his way through her locked front door. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Not a situation to seek out by any means, but the criminal created the situation by his violent actions and forced her into a response. Could she have taken the odds of using 1 or 2 of her 6 shots to aim for a leg? Maybe she just needed a nice gun with 15+ rounds so she had the luxury.

If I were a thief, I wouldn't find my life worth getting shot over the possible $20-50 that may be in a person's wallet or their household items.

If a person breaks into my home, I'm going to point either my .44 or shotgun at them and give them the chance to surrender. If they become a greater threat (pull knife, gun or attempt at fighting) they will be put down with 2 .44s or 1 12 gauge #4 turkey shot. Say I happen to find their backside, they will get a nice smack to the top of their head with the barrel. The burglar bars on my house aren't for my protection, they are to deter thieves.

If you're too much of a pussy to own a gun and learn how to use it, then you leave fate in the hands of someone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    If I were a thief, I wouldn't find my life worth getting shot over the possible $20-50 that may be in a person's wallet or their household items.

If a person breaks into my home, I'm going to point either my .44 or shotgun at them and give them the chance to surrender. If they become a greater threat (pull knife, gun or attempt at fighting) they will be put down with 2 .44s or 1 12 gauge #4 turkey shot. Say I happen to find their backside, they will get a nice smack to the top of their head with the barrel. The burglar bars on my house aren't for my protection, they are to deter thieves.

If you're too much of a pussy to own a gun and learn how to use it, then you leave fate in the hands of someone else.
    What you say is perfectly reasonable up until you started insulting non gun owners. Try reading back a few pages though, there are people here that will shoot first and not even give them a chance to surrender. In previous threads we have had people defending the killing of traveling salesman that ignore no trespassing signs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I often find myself wondering why I still linger in the United States.

Deleted
    Never got why people compare anything else to guns.

Pretty stupid since a knife is more avoidable than a gun and cars are indeed not designed to kill people.

Alcohol= most of the time fun and games.