Deleted

Windwalker pvp tips

I'm looking for Windwalker pvp tips. I'm not amazing at pvp at all, and I'm looking for advice on how to get better. I do 2v2 with a Survival Hunter friend, and we're usually in the 1650-1700 region. We're really just playing for fun and conquest points, and only do enough games to get the cap. Some of the main problems I've run into:

1. I spend huge amounts of time ccd while they kill my partner. 8s fears, scatter shot+traps, sheeps, hexes, roots etc. Even when I trinket an 8s cc, there's often another form of 8s coming just after. Teams with a combination of mages, hunters, shadow priests and warriors are especially problematic. Warlocks and shamans seem to have plenty of cc as well.

2. I can't catch up to competent mages, and some problems with warlocks and hunters too. A lot of matches have ended with both my partner and one of the enemies dead, with me having to 1v1 a mage. With all the snares and roots going on I find it very hard to do any damage, and even if I manage to close the gap there's usually some form of cc waiting so they can get distance again.

3. I have a 2/2 upgraded Qiang's and a blue honor neck, trinkets and chest. Are the 470 pvp weapons better than 497 pve weapons, and by enough to prioritize upgrading it over the blues?

It's definitely worth going for PvP weapons. The PvP power they give outweigh any PvE weapons you can find.

If you find yourself stuck 1v1ing a mage, you have 2 spells that you need to use well: Tiger's Lust and Diffuse Magic. Try and use Tiger's Lust on 8s root so you get the most out of it. Use Diffuse magic if you're gonna get bursted hard and there is no chance you can LoS them, OR if you can do huge damage you CAN (not always recommended) use it to break a root or similar. try to LoS the mage and heal yourself until they come to you. Hopefully your Tiger's Lust will be ready by the time they actually come to you, in which case you can break the nova they inevitably will use, then blanket silence with Spear Hand Strike and pop your damage cooldowns and go hard before they can CC you again. then try and keep your advantage and make them play defensively. If they ever get to big a distance on you, try to just LoS and get some more heals off. This obviously wont always work, but has worked a good amount of times. Give it a try

I agree that CC is out of control atm especially with most of it being instant cast too. I can't help you too much there, I struggle with it too. Nimble Brew will help us out a lot

You need to keep disable on everything you can. That way you can root them when you know they are going to root you or as they do. If you're getting bursted, don't diffuse - trinket the deep and touch of karma. Use diffuse/zen med for their next burst or to follow up the touch of karma. Keep in mind your snare will auto-refresh if you're within 10 yards. Between roll, tigers lust(momentum, comp/rbg depending), and FsK. You should be able to stick to something long enough to make them play defensive.

I say ToK first because unlike Diffuse it is not buggy and always works.(the dmg reflect part - in the form of a dot)

flingy flower thingy, you're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Passado View Post
    It's definitely worth going for PvP weapons. The PvP power they give outweigh any PvE weapons you can find.
    This is definitely wrong. Heroic upgraded weapons will outpace tier 1 PvP weapons by a mile. That being said, the PvP weapons are probably better than a 497 2hander.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanlol View Post
    This is definitely wrong. Heroic upgraded weapons will outpace tier 1 PvP weapons by a mile. That being said, the PvP weapons are probably better than a 497 2hander.
    PvP power says hi =D

Deleted
    they really don't outpace anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanlol View Post
    PvP power, bro.