Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by killerlee View Post
    There is no proof in god yet billions of people worship like sheep everyday lol

Just because our science cant understand or we haven't discovered yet, doesnt mean that we cannot go faster than the speed of light
    Nothing is ever proven conclusively in science so lay that idea to rest. But to really address this point, there is a mountain of evidence which points to this "cosmic speed limit." We aren't assuming because we don't understand, we actually understand quite well.

Yes, we know amazing new discoveries can shake the foundations of science and challenge what we know. However, it's usually wise to wait until that happens. You shouldn't take that as free license to attack parts of modern science willy nilly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    That doesn't mean we're allowed to freely assume things either. We have absolutely zip proof that 100% of light speed is possible.
    We can however theoretically get from one point to another faster than a photon of light, but then we're not traveling at light speed.

I think there is a thread about warpdrives up right now. Go there and take a look if you like, or google. Up to you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    People assume that our primitive physics is the end all and be all.
    Do you understand our primitive physics?

Not everyone does; read science fiction and you see a lot of ideas on what-ifs, also on going faster than light speed . However, once you go outside fiction into the realm of physics you also need a (testable, tested) theory why the max speed is more than the speed of light, and last time I checked none had topped Einsteins e=mc^2. Which is (again, iirc) the reason we currently officially assume lightspeed as max speed.

This may stand till the end of times, or at some point new insights will lead to new numbers just like Einstein topped previous theories.

So it is not so much about our imagination - that goes far and wide. It is about theories and tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikzter View Post
    Well if this is the case, and the universe is infinite.. The entire night sky should be white, which it aint. Meaning that the universe is expanding faster than the speed of light - well the objects within travel faster than the speed light away from each other.
    That's not the same as traveling faster than the speed of light.

I could see in 300 years, scientist look back and go, they really thought the speed of light was the fastest they could go, what morons!

Just cause our science isnt advanced enough yet or that we cant understand or theorize doesn't mean that it isnt possible.

Shit 200 years ago, if I told someone that we would be flying into space or around in the sky, they would have fallen on the floor laughing

100 years ago if i told everyone, that millions of people would have cell phones or computers they would be like LOL righttt

It's not OUR physics, it's physics. The law that governs the entire universe.

Just cause our science isnt advanced enough yet or that we cant understand or theorize doesn't mean that it isnt possible.
    Just because you don't understand why an argument from ignorance is invalid, doesn't mean it isn't a fallacy.

I could see in 300 years, scientist look back and go, they really thought the speed of light was the fastest they could go, what morons!

Shit 200 years ago, if I told someone that we would be flying into space or around in the sky, they would have fallen on the floor laughing

100 years ago if i told everyone, that millions of people would have cell phones or computers they would be like LOL righttt
    Your knowledge of both history and science is kinda sad
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

It isn't.....

Darkness is faster. You know... It never hangs around long enough for light to catch up.

And if it's so fast that it can disapear that fast, it has to be faster!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    That's not the same as traveling faster than the speed of light.
    I agree, but it depends how you look at it.. If it's two cars driving away from each other it's two difference sources of energi - So what is making the universe expand? The universe? No idea.. but it might be considered as a single source of energi.

The first manned flight was performed in 1783.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree in a way. Our understanding of most sciences is infantile compared to what we will know in one hundred years alone.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Just because you don't understand why an argument from ignorance is invalid, doesn't mean it isn't a fallacy.
    People used to think the world was flat, or that you could never fly, or that treating certain diseases was impossible, or that flying into outer space was impossible. ANYTHING is possible, open up your tiny little mind.

If I took a car or a cell phone or a lighter into the medival times, first thing they would prolly kill me but they would think its magic, why? Because they didnt understand it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguezor View Post
    It isn't.....

Darkness is faster. You know... It never hangs around long enough for light to catch up.

And if it's so fast that it can disapear that fast, it has to be faster!!
    *Mind...Blown*

Science is no match for you

I don't think you could have chosen a word further from the reality than 'assume.'

Deleted
    I believe we will one day use flying magic pink unicorns to travel instantly from place to place anywhere in the universe, science just hasn't discovered this method yet.

that flying into outer space was impossible.
    No one ever thought flying into outer space was impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    *Mind...Blown*

Science is no match for you
    Or Terry Pratchett.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikzter View Post
    I agree, but it depends how you look at it.. If it's two cars driving away from each other it's two difference sources of energi - So what is making the universe expand? The universe? No idea.. but it might be considered as a single source of energi.
    1) Your post makes no sense
    2) You just spelled energy with an I multiple times

Stop now.

Deleted
    Basically and very simplified, it is theoretically possible to build a device that modifies the space around you in a way that enables you to travel faster than light without actually acclerating to lightspeed. But to do it, you better visit Pandora and fetch some Unobtainium, because you need something called "exotic matter", some kind of matter that can kind of ignore the laws of physics.