You can use Astral Shift while silenced.

I just thought I should share this with my fellow Shaman. I just tested it on live and PTR, and Astral Shift can still be used while you're under the effects of silence.

Also according to this thread, its been like that for awhile;

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2649569?page=1

You can thank me later.

Already know that, because as far as i know it worked while silenced since MoP Release.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.

Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

its still one of the weekest cds out there

I'm pretty sure it works under any CC. It's still terrible, though.. I'm still really confused about how Blizz took away the real Astral Shift from Ele and gave it to Mistweaver Monks. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    I'm pretty sure it works under any CC. It's still terrible, though.. I'm still really confused about how Blizz took away the real Astral Shift from Ele and gave it to Mistweaver Monks. Meh.
    Nope, Its unusable while under anything that isn't a Silence, apparently being able to Astral Shift while silenced was an important thing, you know, not thinking about the old astral shift activating when you were stunned and being like HERE, In rememberance of this abilities previous state, useable while stunned!

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoraba View Post
    Nope, Its unusable while under anything that isn't a Silence, apparently being able to Astral Shift while silenced was an important thing, you know, not thinking about the old astral shift activating when you were stunned and being like HERE, In rememberance of this abilities previous state, useable while stunned!
    Hehe yea, Blizz is probably going: "Enjoy your nerfed version of what you had previously!"

Apparently Ele shaman had the most survivability... right?!

Blizz: {◕ ◡ ◕}