Shaman Tank Ideas

Hello Forum,

So I'm not very used to shaman, at all, but I've done some thinking.

With these abilities, would a 4th tank spec (PROTECTOR! ) for shamans be viable?

Shared Dual Blade, Mental Quickness, Primal Wisdom, Spirit Walk and Shamanistic Rage with Enchantment,
    As well as Earth Shield from Resto, and Earthquake from Elemental. And Vengeance from tank specs. I think that's right.

Mail Specialization, Increase Stamina with 5%.

Ascendance; Protector: While in Earth Ascendance, Stone Slam hits all target within x of your main target, as well giving you and body shield of rock, renewing and added to previous one every 3 second, absorbing y dmg, shield lasting 15 sec.

Earthwatcher, increases your stamina with x, reduce the chance to be crit hitted by y , armor increased by z.

Stone Slam, instant, x yard, causes y dmg to a target and spreading Earth Shock to all enemies withing z yards, does more dmg with a shield equipped, q cd

Rock Shield, Protects the target with flying rocks for x seconds, absorbing y dmg.

Wind Dance, Increases chance to dodge, parry with x and block with y=y<x. Geah. Or something. 1 min cd.

Mastery; Earth Connection, increasing the potency of all your dmg absorbing things by x.

Main problem would be the tank gear in mail, but still. Would it work?

/dance
    Last edited by Gerfort; 2013-01-07 at 01:41 AM.

they've been barking up this tree for ages. never going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    they've been barking up this tree for ages. never going to happen
    Yup. It would be nice to see an enhancement glyph or something similar to the warlock demonology glyph that would allow us to at least offtank in a pinch but it just wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Drebbin View Post
    Yup. It would be nice to see an enhancement glyph or something similar to the warlock demonology glyph that would allow us to at least offtank in a pinch but it just wont happen.
    This is the most we could hope for without a complete rework of the game.