Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Games RTS style like Warcraft 3, as in build a base and attack your neighbors:

Command and Conquer series
    Age of Empires/Mythologies
    Empire earth 1 and 2
    Rise of Nations
    Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends
    Dark Reign 1 and 2 (though 2 is way better)
    Metal Fatigue
    Ground Control 1 and 2
    Total Annihilation and TA: Kingdoms
    Supreme Commander 1 and 2
    The list goes on. There are literally hundreds of games in this genre that play like W3.

For the person who said X-COM...I'm not even sure how you made that connection. It's not an RTS, if anything, it's a Turn-based strategy. Still my favorite game though.

There are other styles of RTS, as some have mentioned; Dawn of War 1 and 2, Company of Heroes, Jagged Alliance 1/2/3. These are more about your individual units instead of mass armies, and the missions are more covert than swarm-the-enemy types.

And then, of course, branching from there you can hit the 4X space games...don't even get me started.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2013-01-08 at 06:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Impossible Creatures, Rise of nations good games

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    what other kind of rts could there be?
    Ogre battle, command your army, liberate towns, don't build shit.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Deleted
    If you liked Age of Empires II: there is a new (unofficial) expansion including 5 new civilizations, 2 new building sets, harder AI, new campaigns (only teaser atm), balance changes, new UU, ... .

www.forgottenempires.net if you want to check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Caelis View Post
    If you liked Age of Empires II: there is a new (unofficial) expansion including 5 new civilizations, 2 new building sets, harder AI, new campaigns (only teaser atm), balance changes, new UU, ... .

www.forgottenempires.net if you want to check it out
    I tried to install it some days ago, but it fails sadly. Gonna guess my cracked version dosen't for to well for it My old AOE2 CD's are gone, and coulden't seem to find it elsewhere so cracked it was :P
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Oho, someone else in this thread who remembers Metal Fatigue(T_T I am so sad my disks for it are broken).
    • Earth 2150 and 2160 are pretty good, they have a good deal of unit customization involved.
    • The Warlord's Battlecry series is fun, you have one constant hero that you keep and level throughout the game.
    • Stronghold is a fun medieval RTS, focuses heavily on managing resources.
    Any others I can think of have already been mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    what other kind of rts could there be?
    Dawn of War 2. Very little base building, mostly focused on microing squads of units.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    I tried to install it some days ago, but it fails sadly. Gonna guess my cracked version dosen't for to well for it My old AOE2 CD's are gone, and coulden't seem to find it elsewhere so cracked it was :P
    http://www.forgottenempires.net/install contains some trouble shoot and a how-to-video. In addition there is an alternative download (http://mirror.forgottenempires.net/). I know (somehow ) that cracked or not shouldn't matter.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i always liked the command and conquer games, i would suggest giving them a try. i also enjoyed the lords of the realm games but i never played the 3rd one. the first two are a tad old

Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    red alert is the best!
    no...ANY C&C GAME IS THE BEST. except fucking command and conquer 4, which isn't a total POS it just shits on everything that made CnC enjoyable.

nice topic, I played most of the games you listed, I loved some much RTS games

but I never played Supreme Commander and Company of Heroes, even though they are often considered as the best RTSs of the last years (Starcraft 2 apart)

if you like Tolkien, Battle for Middle Earth is a nice series, gameplay is a bit like warhammer 40k

I also enjoyed much Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, it's basically AoE2 in the Star Wars universe, same engine

and I agree, C&C is the best RTS series ever

Red Alert 2 was my favorite RTS.

So much fun

Any Command & Conquer game got my vote, except C&C4: Tiberian Twilight. My favorite ones are Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun

Really looking forward to Generals 2. I'll probably get an early beta invite for owning the ultimate collection

Deleted
    Age of Mythology
    Rise of Nations - less story here though
    Rise of legends.
    Red Alert series.
    Supreme Commander.

I guess it depends what sort of Era you like really, i mean... if you're into tanks and stuff, you wont generally like AoE... and C&C wwill be one for you.

However... since RA2 C&C as a product has gone downhill imo... Its purely because Westwood Studios let EA in on it.

I suggest Warhammer 40 000: Dawn of War I and II (+ all expansions (awesome campaign, rare these days)), it will keep you busy for weeks. Also, Age of Mythology (awesome campaign, rare these days) and Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars + expansion Kayne's Wrath. Besides of that, Supreme Commander. Sins of Solar Empire is an awesome game too and Homeworld (but a bit booring). Also Battle for Middle Earth 2 (1 is booring) is great.
    Ah, and Stronghold: Crusader if you like middle ages, but it's slighty dull tbh.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-01-08 at 01:54 PM.

The original Dawn of War, Dawn of War 2 have no basebuilding but it's a damn good game.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Any of these RTS suggestions not require you to live the game like the Evony series did?

Deleted
    What about any made after 2010? Other than Starcraft that is..

Despite some stunningly terrible voice acting I had a lot of fun with the Spellforce games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mm0klJGGSs . They often turn up in online sales really cheap. Just stay away from the most recent xpac Faith in Destiny.