MSI GTX 580 getting temputers of 90C on full load. is this ok?

hello,

i just got a GTX 580 from MSI after they try fixing my 570 and couldnt, the send me this one instead but im getting temperatures of 90-100 celcious on full load and about 50-60 on idle. this doesnt look right to me when i was getting temperaturs of around 60 max load and 30 on idle on my GTX 570

so anyone could help that would be nice

GTX580 is known to run very hot, around 80C is normal load temp. 90-100C is too much so probably bad case airflow.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Doesn't sound right at all. What's the fan speed you're using when you play? Try air dusting the cooler, then setting up a custom curve to see if that works, then RMA it if it doesn't fix the issues.

What case do you have? How does the area around your GPU on the motherboard look like?
    How many monitors do you have plugged in? Leave one and see if it helps.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The card is not cooling itself properly, or there is absolutely no air flow going to the card, 90-100 C sounds like the card is inside of a blanket not a computer case. 25-40 Idle 50-80 sounds right for air cooling, varied on room temperature.
    Last edited by Kymei; 2013-01-08 at 10:26 PM.

When I had 580s in SLI my top card would get to 70-80C with 60% fan speed, and these were reference designed coolers. So yeah, something sounds off.

I have got the Gigabyte Nividia GTX 580 SOC. Idle 34 and full load 65. In the summer it gets up to 72, but that's it. I think that there's something not right with your card.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Definitely not right, my 580 runs at 70 - 75 max under load and overclocked.

How fast are your fans spinning?

10+ Year Old Account
    my 580 runs at 82C maxed load at stock, so yeh 100C is nuts.

Deleted
    I have 2x GTX 580 in SLI sitting right next to each other. Temperature under full load usually stabilizes at around 85-86C for both cards for hours on end, and idles at 47C, ever since day one. Same behavior for over a year now. I run on air cooling.