Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

The case for the "C-word." <adult language>

Yes, I am a white male, which means most people are going to say I haven't a clue when it comes to these words. I beg to differ. I've been banned for the use of the word "Cunt" on this forum, although a different account, temporarily banned from WOW and League of Legends, and kicked out of class for using this word in no other sense than as a response for someone calling me a "bitch" or "nigger"(yes, i get called that even as a white person)

I have seen the word "nigger" thrown around in games with no repercussion, as well as "bitch." Now let's take a look at those two words. Both are words that are used to put down entire groups of people, blacks and women respectively, and both are thrown around with nearly no consideration. Depending on where you live "bitch" may be the more common term you here, but in the redneck area I live in, "nigger" is more common. I don't use those terms except when explaining the hypocrisy of using them and being against the word "cunt," a word that is generally used to describe someone who is doing everything they can to get under your skin and piss you off, generally, but not always, used towards a woman. I don't hear guys saying "i'm going to pick up some cunts at the bar tonight" because if someone said that, the first impression would be "why would you want to hang out with crazy girls who just want to piss you off" and no one would think "oh, he's just referring to women in general." So for this, why is it that "bitch" is more acceptable to say than "cunt" when I've never heard "cunt" used to describe anyone other than someone who is really pissing someone off for no reason other than pissing someone off?

And then people say it's sexist. I actually had a feminist tell me I'm misogynistic for calling a man a "cunt" after he called me a "bitch." I asked her how, and she said "it's a word that you're not supposed to use towards women, but if you use it towards men, you're still undermining the whole female population." It would be one thing if she was some nobody, but she writes for the huffington post in canada and frequently has articles on this kind of stuff. I'd also like to point out that "dick" and "asshole" are used just as often to describe men, and only men, as "bitch" and "cunt" are used to describe women, and only women. So why isn't calling a guy a "dick" sexist? I hear feminists, prominent feminists, refer to men as "dicks" "pricks" "cocks" and other terms that you just wouldn't use to describe women. So why is this double standard so socially acceptable?

I understand that women have had it harder throughout history than men, on a comparative level to walking the daytona 500 while men drive it, but does that really mean that the best way to bring about equality is to allow terms to define one sex as negative, but give bans, removals from class(It was in return for a girl calling me a "prick"), and just generally look at people who use the word "cunt" as the scum of the earth? Can someone tell me why this double standard is acceptable? And from my personal experience it seems that "cunt" is far worse to use than "nigger," "spick," "kyke," "chink," or any other racial term that I hear throughout my daily life, and why is that? Is the word "cunt" really worse than putting down entire races of people that have seen atrocities no one who reads this can even comprehend? When was the last female only concentration camp? When were only women slaves? When did entire populations of only women get wiped out for the advancement of a nation?

I've come to think that the only people against "cunt" are those who have been called it because they were trying to piss someone off for no reason, as I can not think of any logical reason why this word is the absolute bottom scum of words.

And any angry, emotional rants, will not be read. I'm legitimately trying to figure out why this double standard is okay
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Don't use bad words they are bad words for a reason.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

this thread is gonna go places..

10+ Year Old Account
    People can say the N word and the C word as long as they're Democrats. Robert Byrd repeatedly used that word on the Senate floor and got a pass because he was a Democrat. Bill Maher called Sarah Palin the C word and got a pass because he's a Democrat.

Reverse the situation, even eliminate the disgusting epithet and just let it sit at a simple criticism of Obama or Pelosi, and the Republican will instantly be racist and sexist.

most people find that word pretty offensive and i know alot of ladies that really will gouge out your eyes for calling them one

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    ^This. So much this and...

Grow up. Rise above petty name calling and use well reasoned arguments to validate your points.

Deleted
    Bad words to me would be any sexual or racial harassment. Cunt is just a bit harsher word for a vagina, can't see the real harm in that.

I used to game with a lot of Aussies, and they would throw the "c-word" around indiscriminately. It's really a cultural thing. I mean in my experience people from the UK call people "fucking wankers" all the time, but heavens forbid you use the term "bloody" around them.

I personally love freedom of speech, but I understand that on a game or an internet forum I am borrowing time on private airwaves and freedom of speech is not guaranteed. So my primarily rule of thumb is "no racial slurs". I also never use the C word though, but that's just a matter of preference.

The exchange of insults is, however, a regular part of male bonding. So I've heard it all.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    People can say the N word and the C word as long as they're Democrats. Robert Byrd repeatedly used that word on the Senate floor and got a pass because he was a Democrat. Bill Maher called Sarah Palin the C word and got a pass because he's a Democrat.

Reverse the situation, even eliminate the disgusting epithet and just let it sit at a simple criticism of Obama or Pelosi, and the Republican will instantly be racist and sexist.
    Can I ask how often each side gets away with it? Every time I've ever watch Bill O'reilly, he's used a racial slur and no one raises concern over it. Both sides get away with it. Don't think one side is special.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Don't really care if people use that word, nor any other word. As regards to getting banned, you just have to be lucky those people scouting forums to report don't report you.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post

Bill Maher is a democrat? That's rather funny.

On topic: certain words carry connotations. You can't really work around that, and far more words than this carry such connotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    most people find that word pretty offensive and i know alot of ladies that really will gouge out your eyes for calling them one
    But why? Why does a word offend them so much?

I really don't understand why that word specifically causes a lot of drama. It's a word just like other 'swear words', why would it be any worse? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Bad words to me would be any sexual or racial harassment. Cunt is just a bit harsher word for a vagina, can't see the real harm in that.
    Because cunt is used to describe terrible females, its similar to bitch in that its a gendered insulting word. Its like saying somebody is a vagina and that having a vagina is a negative thing to have. Its one of the worst words you can use, so if you are going to use it the person better deserve it.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Because cunt is used to describe terrible females, its similar to bitch in that its a gendered insulting word. Its like saying somebody is a vagina and that having a vagina is a negative thing to have. Its one of the worst words you can use, so if you are going to use it the person better deserve it.
    So you're saying it's exactly the same as telling a man he has no balls? Men just don't take such offense?

And I don't see how anyone could take having a vagina as an offense... unless it was from a guy you really like and you found out he was gay and said he can't date anyone with a vagina. For me, I love that my girlfriend has a vagina.

I let people say whatever they want. If you try to offend me for no reason I'll probably want to fight you. If you had a reason to offend me, I'll just offend you right back or apologize depending on the situation. If I offend you for no reason, you have the right to try and kick my ass if it will make you feel better.

Also this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we-zND9Ihes

Deleted
    Maybe it's different in the US, but in Sweden cunt isn't really considered anything but a worse version of vagina, and we have the worst neofeminists in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    But why? Why does a word offend them so much?
    It depends on your location, where you live and how you were raised, mainly raised and what your parents taught you about "bad" words.

Also, a side note, if see someone being offensive to a specific person, just remember that you can report that post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    I really don't understand why that word specifically causes a lot of drama. It's a word just like other 'swear words', why would it be any worse? o.O
    It's bad when it's used in a derogatory term, as any other word, an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Maybe it's different in the US, but in Sweden cunt isn't really considered anything but a worse version of vagina, and we have the worst neofeminists in the world.
    I think it wouldn't be so bad if we didn't taboo words so bad in the US. The fact that you don't ever hear the word "cunt" makes it feel like it's far worse. I think this is the same reason hillbillies get offended when they confront a well educated person who uses a well rounded vernacular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Bill Maher is a democrat? That's rather funny.
    Just as funny as when Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly say they're not Republicans.