Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    No I'm asking why we should pay extra, we're already paying.



    Already said, half of what WoW brings in pays for all of Activision/Blizzard's development, so no, it doesn't go towards updates and maintenance, in fact it doesn't even go to more resources as Blizzard still after 8 years apparently struggles to find the right people to hire.



    Yes we would, and they would still make buckets of profit.


    As for the rest, it's mostly apart of the "but they are a business" defense which to be quite blunt, a load of crap.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:51 PM ----------



    Not payed for WoW for years by now, so I did just that, that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion nor discussion on the subject.
    At this point I'm assuming you don't even know how a business is run. So far your argument for everything is that Blizzard should give everything away for free and that money just falls from the sky for everyone. I already answered your question on why they charge us extra, and your response is that it's "a load of crap" just because you think they're an evil corporation, so this is not even a discussion anymore. I'd love to know where then do you think this money is going, overseas? Of course Blizzard is pocketing some of that money, that's how they keep their employees happy in a garbage economy and give their long-time employees amazing gifts for X-years of service, and in turn we get a better game. You talk about them not being able to find the right staff - considering the team of SWTOR and FFXIV got fired shortly after launch because their game was generally thought of as a failure, it's a lot better to be looking for the right people rather than letting go of them all (granted I think Blizz had one set of layoffs last year, but I don't even remember the department).

    And while the game still might be going and they still profit from all the monthly subscriptions, they would not be making buckets of profit and operate the same. You've clearly never played most of the other MMOs that are out there that are down to a handful of low population servers with horrible content and a lack of timely or interesting updates. Warcraft is and continues to be successful for a reason, as does Blizzard and all the other games they make. They don't announce release dates because they can take their time to make a quality product, unlike a majority of other games that have gone F2P purely to survive.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    God awful goat/dragon cross breed abortion...
    That is the ugliest thing i've seen in wow
    It's a kirin (Japan) / qilin (China). Search in Google.

  3. #163
    Bloodsail Admiral Shadee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Jersey shore night club
    Posts
    1,186
    It was nice back when we got stuff for doing in game events instead of paying extra.

  4. #164
    I guess Blizzard needs another quick cash infusion.

  5. #165
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    It was nice back when we got stuff for doing in game events instead of paying extra.
    You're about 4 years late with that comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    It doesn't take much to notice that servers are getting empty again.
    To be fair, it takes "being on a server that's getting empty", and "being in a situation where you notice that".

    I primarily play on two servers (one for alliance and one for horde). My alliance one remains packed as far as my experience -- the shrine is busy and the auction house has tons of stuff on it.

    My horde one is a ghost town, but, I don't notice that when I'm leveling alts, because of dungeon finder and now CRZ. Both create the illusion that the server is busier than it truly is. I have to go to a major non-shared hub or look at the auction house to see how empty it has really gotten.

    I personally do not spend much time in non-shared hubs or play the auction house much, so a lot of the time the difference between my two servers isn't very obvious. When I do eventually go to the ghost-town auction house, it's always a shock.

  7. #167
    why does it have a random kaiser helmet sticking out of its chest?

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    So far your argument for everything is that Blizzard should give everything away for free and that money just falls from the sky for everyone.
    Never said anything like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    I already answered your question on why they charge us extra, and your response is that it's "a load of crap" just because you think they're an evil corporation, so this is not even a discussion anymore.
    "Because they can" doesn't make it right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    I'd love to know where then do you think this money is going, overseas?
    Shareholders and execs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    and in turn we get a better game.
    You don't, I stated their development costs twice already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    You talk about them not being able to find the right staff
    No I don't, it's Blizzard them selfs that uses that excuse for slow development times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    And while the game still might be going and they still profit from all the monthly subscriptions, they would not be making buckets of profit and operate the same.
    Again I point to my previous statements about their development costs, after taking half of the revenue from WoW alone to develop all Activision/Blizzard titles and projects they "only" have around $600 million left.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    You've clearly never played most of the other MMOs that are out there that are down to a handful of low population servers with horrible content and a lack of timely or interesting updates.
    My signature clearly indicates that I never played any other MMO out there...as far as WoW's success compared to other games I'd pose it has to do with a wide varieties of other reasons than the game being the superior, that's another discussion though.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Garrett View Post
    these mounts put players such as myself in a huge disadvantage when it comes to mount achievements.
    i currently have 141 mounts and haven't bought any blizzard store mounts.
    it's almost like you don't buy them you don't get your 150 mount achievement
    That is kind of silly to say, I currently own 188 mounts. If I removed all the promotional and Store mounts I'd still have 177. Which is well over the limit for that achievement. As long as you actually put effort into getting those mounts and not slacking or being lazy you can get the achievement. So the only disadvantage is how hard you are willing to work to get the achievement and NOT blame the store or promotion mounts. u.u
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Five Nights at Freddy's 1 and 2 | Group of Friend's Youtube Channel

  10. #170
    I really like this mount! Since I'm a collector and have disposable income, I bought it. The stiff tendrils actually move and are very fluid. The gait is extremely unique, and the clipping is barely noticeable. Like, I didn't see it at all.

  11. #171
    Surprised more people don't like this mount. I think the model is detailed nicely. Also seems to be based on a Kirin, which are very cool. I'm just glad it's not another serpent, glad they tried something completely different.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Nothing anecdotal about it, hard to miss when SW and Shrine of Seven Stars go from being packed to empty in a few months.
    Oh, so you're playing again? Cause I'm surprised seeing how negative you always are about the game.
    What brought you back?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

  13. #173
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasswhistle View Post
    Surprised more people don't like this mount. I think the model is detailed nicely. Also seems to be based on a Kirin, which are very cool. I'm just glad it's not another serpent, glad they tried something completely different.
    To a lot of people it doesn't actually matter if it's nicely done. If it's not the right "style", it's crap and a money-grab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  14. #174
    I own every single mount off the store including the RaF's and this one is absolutely horrid. Even the zherva is better than this.

  15. #175
    you can tell not as many people are buying the mounts now.

  16. #176
    Another 100% new model mount for 25$...

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    why does it have a random kaiser helmet sticking out of its chest?
    I was wondering the same. Everything seems to be pretty nice with it (good texture work, fluid animations, high rez model), but that weird thing on its chest just entirely out of place.

  18. #178
    Is a damn ugly mount.

    I would't use it even if it was for free.

  19. #179
    i find it hilarious that everytime a blizzstore mount is announced everyone says "er mah gerd is hideous" yet when you walk into a main city a couple days after its released their EVERYWHERE.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  20. #180
    High Overlord Mazzic518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by turboblake View Post
    I like it alright, but the nose/beak thing is, well.. its what my vaj looked like after getting kicked in the vajay-jay really hard in soccer last month. Not an image I need to be reminded of every time I mount up.
    LMAO I am soooo glad I was not drinking anything when I read this post...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •