Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^and lava lash should be able to cast with a 2 hander ;-)

I expect none of what I list to happen. Simply wishful thinking:

- 2h enhance (this coming from an ele main). Could be possible if shaman were granted polearm proficiency
    - Less ramp up on enhance aoe (I will leave it to enh main spec folks to sort the details here)
    - Better large scale aoe for ele; basically for pulls where there are 7+ mobs. Fulm stacks lower EQ cast time by % per charge maybe
    - EB baseline for dps, but that takes away from the "interesting choice" in talents (love having EB as ele but the burst from PE is redonkulas and hard to give up)

Not sure really what to say for resto...maybe some additional HoT effects and/or absorbs, but I don't see either happening (especially the latter). If SLT is to be the shaman raid cd (GC's words, not mine), I would say make it last 10 seconds and have it be an aoe damage reduction...basically a Power Word Barrier totem. Having seen SLT save people's asses in it's current form, though...that could be considered a harsh change.

For talent changes I would honestly like to remove echo of the elements and make a new sustained DPS type talent to replace it, make EB baseline (at least for ele) and then make ele mastery apply to all spells by default. Maybe even just make the ele version of EB do damage with no buff and then the replacement talent would be some kind of random buff granted by EB/UE/I don't know what for resto. Honestly this "your 12-15 second cooldown rotational spell gives you a random buff" talent could even replace UF, too, and then they'd have to think up TWO talents that are as fun/interesting as PE.

I do think both DPS specs need something to make their AOE more fun or easier to handle compared to other classes. Right now I don't like the CL glyph because it's situational, but not in a good sense like Healing Storm or even the LL minor glyph. If we had a couple more useful/practical AOE spells, then CL could be our cleave and they could get rid of that glyph.

I can't really speak to resto changes because I dropped that spec as soon as 5.0 launched and honestly never really used it in Cata either, not even for 4.3 LFR to get faster queues. But it doesn't seem like it has fun mechanics, and is a tuning/balance nightmare because of its PVP power vs PVE weakness. Though I don't know if it really retains the PVP power it had in Cata. The important thing is, I very rarely run into resto shamans in LFR or LFD. And I don't think that's just some quirk of the queue/matchmaking system trying to organize groups with a good spread/balance of classes.

The fact we're not getting any major shaman class changes made me think about this thread with it's proposed ideas, hopes, proposed solutions.... I still think our shaman class could have used some rework. Some spells, mechanics, talents or totems didn't turn out that great. I wouldn't mind if blizz would decide to remove them in favor for some new stuff. Shouldn't a new expac mean they adress some long outstanding issues from the previous ones?

Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    The fact we're not getting any major shaman class changes made me think about this thread with it's proposed ideas, hopes, proposed solutions.... I still think our shaman class could have used some rework. Some spells, mechanics, talents or totems didn't turn out that great. I wouldn't mind if blizz would decide to remove them in favor for some new stuff. Shouldn't a new expac mean they adress some long outstanding issues from the previous ones?
    Why bother? They already made the experience that even with declining numbers, there's still more than enough playing. If lacking effort nets satisfactory results, why change anything.

When I quit my sub on wow, I pointed out lacking class changes as the reason. Obviously you cant go into to much detail there, since blizz apparently does not care for the exact reason they're losing millions of players. I also did my share of posting on the officials, but ex-players cant continue posting there, which is just as dumb. Who better to post there than those consequent enough to quit when shit's going downhill?

We had cata and we'll have wod, both with a pretty strong focus on shamanism, and neither have (and will) have benefitted us in the end in terms of a class overhaul/rework. We're essentially the only ones left without a bigger rework.
    Paladins, Hunters, Warlocks...there's been so much work on these alone. But Shamans? Naaaw.

Got kinda sad reading your first line (even though things can still happen, beta hasn't even started yet), as I foresee all those hopes being crushed once again, in the coming months .
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

As an avid fan of xmogs, I would like to see visible shields and weapons in ghostwolf form, Okami-style. Shields on the back - maces/daggers in the mouth, not sure how dual wielders would work, maybe strapped to the hips/shoulders. There's that NPC worg in the vale with the big ass sword in its mouth that's kind of like that already.

As for gameplay, I'd like to see some totem effects actually emanate from the shamans themselves. Not all the totems, just specific ones such as capacitor totem and spirit link totem. The mobile stun time-bomb would give better control to actually hitting enemy players or at least deter/scare them away for a few seconds. The spirit link totem could be a ring similar to Ring of Peace

15+ Year Old Account
    The blue post from the blue post tracker caught my eye and I found this exceedingly hilarious. I though I'd copypaste it to here in Shaman forums and quite randomly in this thread.

"Lightning bolt sucks

Rykree

Well, it's not that bad, but it's kind of pointless because chain lightning does the same thing but better.
    Lightning bolt should be replaced by some other lightning move that's channeled.

It would be really cool if you could move while channeling too, maybe after the player gets a glyph, similar to glyph of unleashed lightning.

Delumriel
    Forum Moderator

Thread locked as it's from March. Please check the dates of the threads before adding comments, folks.

Thanks!"

PS. I find it extremely funny, that Blizzard locks the thread as someone "necroed" it. Of course necroing is bad, but in this particular case - the thread has been created in March and IT'S STILL RELEVANT. Blizzard should have fixed Lightning Bolt, not close that thread
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Pretty much lol, whenever I cast lightning bolt it always hits to the side of my enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

I just want shamans to be able to wield swords. ;-; blizzardpls
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    What I would like to see would be: Ride the lightning - shaman summons a lighting bolt to take them to targeted location, upon arriving do X damage and knockback everything within 8 yards.
    I don't really think they need another knockback or gap closer. Spamming frost shock root is enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Maelstrom Strike: Your maelstrom weapon procs don't decrease the cast time on Lightning Bolt. You instead gain 2 stacks of Maelstrom from Stormstrike (one for each hit from mainhand and offhand, unless one misses) and one from Earth Shock. You consume 4 stacks at a time (can hold a max of 8) to deal 400% main hand weapon damage as nature damage. Damage increased by % of crit. 5 Second cooldown. 30 yard range. Animation: An animation similar to chain lightning shoots out of the main hand weapon and strikes the target. Possibly lightning striking down from the sky (similar to moonfire) as an alternative.
    Last edited by Buxton McGraff; 2013-12-12 at 08:45 AM.

What I really would love to see is already an ability in game. In the Grim Batol 5 man there are guys called Ascended Windwalkers. They have an ability called Windwalk -
    Windwalk
    Unlimited range
    Instant
    The Ascended Windwalker begins to move so quickly it becomes a blur, inflicting 9750 to 10250 damage to nearby enemies.
    I have pictures but i am not allowed to link. It basically makes like 5-10 copies of the ascendant between where was and the target kind of like the flash because he moves so fast.

Enhancement needs this. After playing Siege of Orgrimmar and pretty much every other raid since Kara as enhance it has become increasingly obvious we need a real gap closer.They can make this anyway they want. It can be a targeted ability like heroic leap or a charge/shadowstep ability but it really should be in there. I think it would be cool if they left it as is though. So you would turn into an air Ascendant for the ability and turn back when you get there leaving a trail of blurred ascendants.