Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    I'd like:

Enhancement to have the option to rock either DW or 2H - if they can do it for fury warriors (TG/SMT) and for frost DK's - why not shaman? You'd possibly have to have a 'strength is turned into agility on weapons' included so that there are more 2H weapons available. 2H would be a bit more RNG, Windfury would hit HARD again ^__^ (BRING BACK 2H TRIPLE WINDFURY CRITS OF DOOM! DOOOOOM!)

4th Spec - Earth Warden. 1H and Shield, uses rock biter and stuff - just like we did back in vanilla when a few abilities had tanking side effects (extra threat etc)

MW to increase the number of targets that CL hits. (I'd not really change the current AoE rotation, as I think its quite interesting even if it has a bit more ramp up time.)

Fulmination to Buff earthquake - so that during AoE you can throw down a harder hitting AoE and then spam your CL.

Ability for enhancement shamans to weild swords - could open some cool transmog options

I'd like to see another melee ability for enhancement (especially if given a 2H option - 1 to replace lava lash plus 1 more)

and to copy/add to minor glyph suggestions already made:

Glyph to make weapon imbues overwrite enchants.
    Glyph to make overload procs more visible - change of colour or something.
    Possibly a glyph to adjust the colour of lightning spells in general (like monks have)
    Glyph to make windfury more visible, bigger and generally awesome.

I'd like to see Big Bad Voodoo brought into the game;

Big Bad Voodoo
    150 yd range
    Channeled
    Channels the power of the spirits, rendering nearby allies immune to all damage and effects. Does not affect the caster.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=97016#comments

It would need to be nerfed like crazy, but it would be a nice damage reduction CD.

I still haven't played elemental so I can't comment on that.

I agree with everyone saying bring 2 handed enhance back as an option. Maybe more physical damaged based instead of spell damage since no flametongue, or allow two weapon imbues on a 2 hander.

I want them to scrap spreading flame shock and fire nova, either give enhance earthquake and buff it or give enhance a tornado for AoE damage, it either be just place it similar to healing rain but smaller, or maybe put it on a target and it circles that target dealing damage to everything in range. I've also always wanted an earth move to utilize the spell effect of the earth spike coming out of the ground.

I'd like a glyph for Healing Rain to make it stick to you, so if the rain needs to move, you can move and bring healing rain with you, making resto better for movement fights and 10 mans to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsoney View Post
    I still haven't played elemental so I can't comment on that.

I agree with everyone saying bring 2 handed enhance back as an option. Maybe more physical damaged based instead of spell damage since no flametongue, or allow two weapon imbues on a 2 hander.

I want them to scrap spreading flame shock and fire nova, either give enhance earthquake and buff it or give enhance a tornado for AoE damage, it either be just place it similar to healing rain but smaller, or maybe put it on a target and it circles that target dealing damage to everything in range. I've also always wanted an earth move to utilize the spell effect of the earth spike coming out of the ground.

I'd like a glyph for Healing Rain to make it stick to you, so if the rain needs to move, you can move and bring healing rain with you, making resto better for movement fights and 10 mans to an extent.
    Idea for name and description
    Glyph of the Shaman Forum Poster:
    Perpetual whining has made them so sad that their healing rain follows them around wherever they go.

Also for enhancement here goes my ideas for the tank spec alot of these are not needed and can be accomplished in totem form as long as dmg + threat is greatly inceased.

Major CD AScendance: Transform into an earth elemental reducing damage by 50-60%.
    Keep Sham Rage
    Passive armor buff
    Major Parry base
    MAstery: your attack have a chance to increase the amount shielded by your next stonebulwark totem
    Stonebulwark baseline
    Air Shield: Each attack made against you has X% chance to reduce damage by Y
    Earthquake baseline and instant cast or have MW5 seconary resource with attacks having 100% chance to proc or smaller # of procs needed for instant cast
    Fire Nova spreads Flame shock to all targets withing 10 yards
    Earth Wave, create a earthquake wake in a cone 10-20 yards ahead of you
    Stoneclaw totem taunt all npcs to the shaman in 10 yards every 1s for 10s.
    totemic projection baseline

everything else is pretty much built into the class already

Hm, I like the idea of a variation on Big Bad Voodoo as a damage reduction cooldown.

Voodoo Doll
    Summons a gnome doll with 300% of your maximum health. Damage from players within 8 yards of the doll is shared (50%) with the Voodoo Doll for 8 seconds or until the Voodoo Doll dies. If the Voodoo Doll survives, 50% of the absorbed damage is reflected at the source of the damage.

I would like to get one more Stormblast out of Ascendance.

I would like an Air or Water Totem that has the pushback effect from Lei Shi (pushes you away, makes you run faster away from it, makes you run slower toward it).

I would like 2h Enhancement to be viable once again.

Here's an idea that iam thinking about is to make the ability Asendance a mechnic of the spec not a Cd due to the fact that as ele we already have alot for CD's Asendance,Bloodlust, Stormlast totem, Fire Elemental, earth shock and EB. the idea is to have more control and not face rolling my key bored. Maybe have for 10 second of the dps rotation be casting lightning bolt and earth shock, chain lightninig and EB until you build up enough primal rage then boom ascendance trigger and you get your free casts on lave burst and lave beam. just little more control because we all now the head smashing is not fun, the ability it self has that type of potential. you would still be useing flame shock prop to trigger lave surge or what ever you guys doing in patch 5.4 i dont know yet but alittle more contol of the dps rotaion would be sweet,

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 12:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nadrin View Post
    Here's an idea that iam thinking about is to make the ability Asendance a mechnic of the spec not a Cd due to the fact that as ele we already have alot for CD's Asendance,Bloodlust, Stormlast totem, Fire Elemental, earth shock and EB. the idea is to have more control and not face rolling my key bored. Maybe have for 10 second of the dps rotation be casting lightning bolt and earth shock, chain lightninig and EB until you build up enough primal rage then boom ascendance trigger and you get your free casts on lave burst and lave beam. just little more control because we all now the head smashing is not fun, the ability it self has that type of potential. you would still be useing flame shock prop to trigger lave surge or what ever you guys doing in patch 5.4 i dont know yet but alittle more contol of the dps rotaion would be sweet,
    this can even work will resto and ehn do X amount of healz and asendance pros and use X amount of air spellz and air asendance pros giving the normal buffs that it dose

Fire and Wind Shields, Water, Wind/Lightning elemental totems. UE off the GCD, lava beam spell effect redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by wigwam View Post
    Fire and Wind Shields, Water, Wind/Lightning elemental totems. UE off the GCD, lava beam spell effect redesign.

yes, diversifying our current gamemechanics, but i'm kinda hoping for something new...

Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    Yeah that's more what annoys me. People on mmo-champion and blizzard official forums say 'We want enhancement to have a secondary resouce' and then provide NO information, so they've just said 'there's the idea, do all the work and balancing for yourselves, and even when it's done i'll complain it isn't what I wanted.'

I wouldnt mind a secondary resource, but only if it's done well and implemented well. I wouldnt want something that brings about more problems than solutions. I'd rather fix current issues that are a problem, rather that completely rework us from the ground up and make even more problems that need tweaking.
    A long time ago I thought maybe a mastery rework would be better than a secondary resource. Something like spending MW stacks on anything would grant a buff when spent that causes Stormstrike, Windfury, UE and nature damage spells to do additional nature damage. Like either a flat % bonus of damage you do is nature or it would do a lightning DOT effect. In either case it would be increased by mastery and the duration would be tied to MW stacks. That way we get more of a feel of power from melee and also more of a lightning feel. I like ele as my offspec, but it honestly is built more around being a fire blaster with some lightning damage. Enh feels like it's already a thunder guy but I would love for it to have more of that feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I'd like:

Enhancement to have the option to rock either DW or 2H - if they can do it for fury warriors (TG/SMT) and for frost DK's - why not shaman? You'd possibly have to have a 'strength is turned into agility on weapons' included so that there are more 2H weapons available. 2H would be a bit more RNG, Windfury would hit HARD again ^__^ (BRING BACK 2H TRIPLE WINDFURY CRITS OF DOOM! DOOOOOM!)
    This would be cool, and they could even do it by adding polearms to the weapons we can equip. Then all of a sudden we are also taking all those agi staves/polearms instead of it just being druid/monk only. Honestly if they wanted to do a tank spec I think they could either go the int route (only real reason I say the int route is so there's another class using existing itemization, but it would be weird for sure) or make it use 2h and gain tons of parry/dodge. But I mean we all know an earthwarder type tank spec won't really happen, even if it would make me never play an alt again.
    Last edited by Omgarsh; 2013-07-01 at 11:25 AM.

^and lava lash should be able to cast with a 2 hander ;-)

I expect none of what I list to happen. Simply wishful thinking:

- 2h enhance (this coming from an ele main). Could be possible if shaman were granted polearm proficiency
    - Less ramp up on enhance aoe (I will leave it to enh main spec folks to sort the details here)
    - Better large scale aoe for ele; basically for pulls where there are 7+ mobs. Fulm stacks lower EQ cast time by % per charge maybe
    - EB baseline for dps, but that takes away from the "interesting choice" in talents (love having EB as ele but the burst from PE is redonkulas and hard to give up)

Not sure really what to say for resto...maybe some additional HoT effects and/or absorbs, but I don't see either happening (especially the latter). If SLT is to be the shaman raid cd (GC's words, not mine), I would say make it last 10 seconds and have it be an aoe damage reduction...basically a Power Word Barrier totem. Having seen SLT save people's asses in it's current form, though...that could be considered a harsh change.

For talent changes I would honestly like to remove echo of the elements and make a new sustained DPS type talent to replace it, make EB baseline (at least for ele) and then make ele mastery apply to all spells by default. Maybe even just make the ele version of EB do damage with no buff and then the replacement talent would be some kind of random buff granted by EB/UE/I don't know what for resto. Honestly this "your 12-15 second cooldown rotational spell gives you a random buff" talent could even replace UF, too, and then they'd have to think up TWO talents that are as fun/interesting as PE.

I do think both DPS specs need something to make their AOE more fun or easier to handle compared to other classes. Right now I don't like the CL glyph because it's situational, but not in a good sense like Healing Storm or even the LL minor glyph. If we had a couple more useful/practical AOE spells, then CL could be our cleave and they could get rid of that glyph.

I can't really speak to resto changes because I dropped that spec as soon as 5.0 launched and honestly never really used it in Cata either, not even for 4.3 LFR to get faster queues. But it doesn't seem like it has fun mechanics, and is a tuning/balance nightmare because of its PVP power vs PVE weakness. Though I don't know if it really retains the PVP power it had in Cata. The important thing is, I very rarely run into resto shamans in LFR or LFD. And I don't think that's just some quirk of the queue/matchmaking system trying to organize groups with a good spread/balance of classes.

The fact we're not getting any major shaman class changes made me think about this thread with it's proposed ideas, hopes, proposed solutions.... I still think our shaman class could have used some rework. Some spells, mechanics, talents or totems didn't turn out that great. I wouldn't mind if blizz would decide to remove them in favor for some new stuff. Shouldn't a new expac mean they adress some long outstanding issues from the previous ones?

Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    The fact we're not getting any major shaman class changes made me think about this thread with it's proposed ideas, hopes, proposed solutions.... I still think our shaman class could have used some rework. Some spells, mechanics, talents or totems didn't turn out that great. I wouldn't mind if blizz would decide to remove them in favor for some new stuff. Shouldn't a new expac mean they adress some long outstanding issues from the previous ones?
    Why bother? They already made the experience that even with declining numbers, there's still more than enough playing. If lacking effort nets satisfactory results, why change anything.

When I quit my sub on wow, I pointed out lacking class changes as the reason. Obviously you cant go into to much detail there, since blizz apparently does not care for the exact reason they're losing millions of players. I also did my share of posting on the officials, but ex-players cant continue posting there, which is just as dumb. Who better to post there than those consequent enough to quit when shit's going downhill?

We had cata and we'll have wod, both with a pretty strong focus on shamanism, and neither have (and will) have benefitted us in the end in terms of a class overhaul/rework. We're essentially the only ones left without a bigger rework.
    Paladins, Hunters, Warlocks...there's been so much work on these alone. But Shamans? Naaaw.

Got kinda sad reading your first line (even though things can still happen, beta hasn't even started yet), as I foresee all those hopes being crushed once again, in the coming months .
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

As an avid fan of xmogs, I would like to see visible shields and weapons in ghostwolf form, Okami-style. Shields on the back - maces/daggers in the mouth, not sure how dual wielders would work, maybe strapped to the hips/shoulders. There's that NPC worg in the vale with the big ass sword in its mouth that's kind of like that already.

As for gameplay, I'd like to see some totem effects actually emanate from the shamans themselves. Not all the totems, just specific ones such as capacitor totem and spirit link totem. The mobile stun time-bomb would give better control to actually hitting enemy players or at least deter/scare them away for a few seconds. The spirit link totem could be a ring similar to Ring of Peace

The blue post from the blue post tracker caught my eye and I found this exceedingly hilarious. I though I'd copypaste it to here in Shaman forums and quite randomly in this thread.

"Lightning bolt sucks

Rykree

Well, it's not that bad, but it's kind of pointless because chain lightning does the same thing but better.
    Lightning bolt should be replaced by some other lightning move that's channeled.

It would be really cool if you could move while channeling too, maybe after the player gets a glyph, similar to glyph of unleashed lightning.

Delumriel
    Forum Moderator

Thread locked as it's from March. Please check the dates of the threads before adding comments, folks.

Thanks!"

PS. I find it extremely funny, that Blizzard locks the thread as someone "necroed" it. Of course necroing is bad, but in this particular case - the thread has been created in March and IT'S STILL RELEVANT. Blizzard should have fixed Lightning Bolt, not close that thread
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

http://www.hitbox.tv/puupi - mythic restoration/enhancement shaman raiding

Pretty much lol, whenever I cast lightning bolt it always hits to the side of my enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

I just want shamans to be able to wield swords. ;-; blizzardpls

Glyph UI ♆ Enhancement Shaman ♆ Youtube
    Avast US 3rd, World 14th

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    What I would like to see would be: Ride the lightning - shaman summons a lighting bolt to take them to targeted location, upon arriving do X damage and knockback everything within 8 yards.
    I don't really think they need another knockback or gap closer. Spamming frost shock root is enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Maelstrom Strike: Your maelstrom weapon procs don't decrease the cast time on Lightning Bolt. You instead gain 2 stacks of Maelstrom from Stormstrike (one for each hit from mainhand and offhand, unless one misses) and one from Earth Shock. You consume 4 stacks at a time (can hold a max of 8) to deal 400% main hand weapon damage as nature damage. Damage increased by % of crit. 5 Second cooldown. 30 yard range. Animation: An animation similar to chain lightning shoots out of the main hand weapon and strikes the target. Possibly lightning striking down from the sky (similar to moonfire) as an alternative.
    Last edited by Buxton McGraff; 2013-12-12 at 08:45 AM.

What I really would love to see is already an ability in game. In the Grim Batol 5 man there are guys called Ascended Windwalkers. They have an ability called Windwalk -
    Windwalk
    Unlimited range
    Instant
    The Ascended Windwalker begins to move so quickly it becomes a blur, inflicting 9750 to 10250 damage to nearby enemies.
    I have pictures but i am not allowed to link. It basically makes like 5-10 copies of the ascendant between where was and the target kind of like the flash because he moves so fast.

Enhancement needs this. After playing Siege of Orgrimmar and pretty much every other raid since Kara as enhance it has become increasingly obvious we need a real gap closer.They can make this anyway they want. It can be a targeted ability like heroic leap or a charge/shadowstep ability but it really should be in there. I think it would be cool if they left it as is though. So you would turn into an air Ascendant for the ability and turn back when you get there leaving a trail of blurred ascendants.