Also I would love to have CH affected by Tidal Waves instead of applying it.
I was thinking about Capacitor Totem. What do you guys think of it being a targeted spell? So your are attacking someone and you use CT it is summoned next to the target and stuns them. Why should Shaman have to summon their totems next to them? Why not let Shamans summon utility totems near a target?
A glyph that changes earthquake into small volcano, changing it to fire damage and applies a dot to all targets on the area. Knockdown effect removed if glyphed.
FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma
Prem ghost wolves glyphs (damage reduced by 60% but yhey now act as pets/minions)
Ghost wolf off the GCD
Waterwalking - works like path of frost (does not dismount you when casted)
Another strike for Enhance, something to use when evrything is on CD.
"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"
Instead of new spells I'd like to see new totems, maybe glyphs to change the totem animations too. I also wish there was a way to throw totems to a target location, which would help with elemental AoE and PvP.
Lore wise, Mages "make" their elementals with the use of magic. The elementals we bring throu our totems are actual elementals that we ask or deal with to gain their help. We don´t own the elementals we summon but mages do own their pets because they make them out of the humidity in the air and the use of clever arcane spells... or something like.
• Weapon Imbues off of the global cooldown.
• Windfury Weapon: Imbue the Shaman’s weapon with wind. Each hit has a 20% chance of triggering three extra attacks with 8550 bonus attack power (2.6 sec internal cooldown). Lasts 60 minutes.
• Flametongue Weapon: Imbue the Shaman’s weapon with fire, increasing magical damage done by 10%. Each hit causes 112 (+ 5.8% of SpellPower) to 345 (+ 5.8% of SpellPower) additional Fire damage, based on the speed of the weapon. Slower weapons cause more fire damage per swing. Lasts 60 minutes.
• Frostbrand Weapon: Imbue the Shaman’s weapon with frost. Each hit has a chance of causing 679 (+ 10% of SpellPower) additional Frost damage and slowing the target’s movement speed by 50% for 8 sec. Lasts 60 minutes.
• Earthliving Weapon: Imbue the Shaman’s weapon with earthen life. Increases spell healing by 5% and gives each heal up to a 20% chance to trigger the Earthliving effect on the target, healing an additional 4028 (+ 12.3% of SpellPower) over 12 sec. Single-target direct heals on targets below 35% of maximum health will always trigger this effect. Lasts 60 minutes.
• Rockbiter Weapon: Imbue the Shaman’s weapon with the fury of the earth, increasing all threat generation by 30% and reducing damage taken by 10%. Lasts 60 minutes.
• Unleash Wind: Unleashes the Windfury enchantment upon the Shaman’s weapon, dealing 125% of weapon damage to the target enemy and increasing the Shaman’s melee attack speed by 60% for the next 6 swings or until 12 sec have elapsed.
• Unleash Flame: Unleashes the Flametongue enchantment upon the Shaman’s weapon, dealing 1136 to 1345 (+ 42.9% of SpellPower) Fire damage to the target enemy and increasing the damage dealt by the Shaman’s Fire spells by 25%. Lasts 8 seconds.
• Unleash Frost: Unleashes the Frostbrand enchantment upon the Shaman’s weapon, dealing 896 to 1041 (+38.6% of SpellPower) Frost damage to a target enemy and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 5 sec. Increased in effectiveness if the target is already afflicted by a movement-slowing Frost effect.
• Unleash Life: Unleashes the Earthliving enchantment upon the Shaman’s weapon, healing a friendly target for 4053 to 4321 (+ 43.7% of SpellPower) and increasing the effect of the Shaman’s next 2 direct heals by 30%. Lasts 10 seconds.
• Unleash Earth: Unleashes the Rockbiter enchantment upon the Shaman’s weapon, forcing the target enemy to attack the Shaman for 5 sec.
• Unleashed Wind: Your auto-attacks have a chance to trigger Static Shock. Your chance to trigger Static Shock and it's damage component are also increased by 15%. Lasts 8 seconds.
• Unleashed Flame: Instantly sears the target with fire, causing 1244 (+ 51.3% of SpellPower) Fire damage immediately and 2534 (+ 36.6% of SpellPower) Fire damage over 12 sec. and increases your damage done with Lightning Bolt by 20% for 10 sec.
• Unleashed Frost: You leech heat from the enemy target, gaining 60% movement speed for 4 sec.
• Unleashed Life: Further increases the effectiveness of your next single-target heal 2 single-target heals by 30% and reduces their mana cost by 15%.
• Unleashed Earth: You take 40% reduced damage from the enemy target and 20% increased healing for 5 sec.
• Earthen Totem: Summons an Earth Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster that slows enemy and increases ally movement speed by 50% to targets within 10 yards of the totem. Lasts 10 seconds. 30 second cooldown.
• Magma Totem: Summons a Fire Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 1 min that causes 417 (+ 18.2% of SpellPower) Fire damage to creatures within 10 yards every 2 seconds and increases the duration on Flame Shock by 3 seconds.
• Frostfire Totem: Summons a Fire Totem with 5 health at your feet for 1 min that repeatedly attacks an enemy within 0 to 30 yards for 60 to 80 (+ 11% of SpellPower) Frostfire damage and an additional 80 to 100 (+ 12.5% of SpellPower) over 12 sec. Stacks 3 times.
~ Frostfire Flames: When your Frostfire Totem deals damage or your Fire Elemental lands a melee attack, the damage dealt by your Flametongue Weapon and Frostbrand Weapon is increased by 15% for 15 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.
~ Your Lava Lash ability will consume this effect, dealing 40% increased damage for each application present.
• Capacitor Totem: Summons an Air totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster that gathers electrical energy from the surrounding air for 3 sec. If an enemy unit walks within 5 yards of the totem, all enemies within 10 yards will be stunned for 5 sec. Lasts 15 seconds. 45 second cooldown.
• Healing Stream Totem: Summons a Water Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 15 sec that heals the most injured party of raid member within 40 yards for (31 ( + 17.35% of SpellPower) + ($SP * 0.3561) * 1 * 1) every 2 sec.
• Shocks taken off of their shared cooldown.
• Earth Shock: Instantly shocks the target with concussive force, causing 2035 to 2249 (+ 58.1% of SpellPower) Nature damage and applying the Weakened Blows effect. 6 sec cooldown.
• Flame Shock: Instantly sears the target with fire, causing 1086 (+ 44.9% of SpellPower) Fire damage immediately and 9312 (+81% of SpellPower) Fire damage over 24 sec. 6 sec cooldown.
• Frost Shock: Instantly shocks an enemy with frost, dealing 1215 to 1284 (+ 51% of SpellPower) Frost damage and reducing the target’s movement speed by 50%. Lasts 8 sec. Causes a high amount of threat. 6 sec cooldown.
• Ghost Wolf: Transform into a spectral wolf to increase your movement speed by 30%. While in Ghost Wolf form, movement-impairing effects may not reduce you below 70% of normal movement speed. Lasts until cancelled.
• Fire Nova baseline for all specializations and taken off of the global cooldown.
• Fire Nova: Emits a wave of flame from the Shaman dealing 826 to 923 (+ 16.4% of SpellPower) Fire damage to every enemy within 10 yards. If any target within 100 yards of the Shaman is afflicted by Flame Shock, they will ignite and Flame Shock’s initial damage will be dealt to them. 4 sec cooldown.
• Earthquake baseline for all specializations and incorporated it into Maelstrom Weapon for Enhancement.
• Earthquake: You cause the earth at the target location to tremble and break, dealing (361 ( +11% of SpellPower) + $SPN * 0.11) Physical damage every 1 sec to enemies in an a 8 yard radius, with a 10% chance of knocking down affected targets. Lasts 10 sec. 10 sec cooldown. 40 yd range. 35.6% of base mana. 2.5 sec cast.
• Healing Rain: Calls forth healing rains to blanket the area targeted by the Shaman, restoring 1983 to 2358 (+ 19.7%) of SpellPower) health to allies in the area every 2 sec for 10 sec. Healing effectiveness diminishes for each player beyond 6 within the area. Lasts 10 sec. 10 sec cooldown. 40 yd range. 38.9% of base mana. 2 sec cast.
• Hex: Transforms the enemy into a frog. While hexed, the target cannot attack or cast spells. Damage caused may interrupt the effect. Lasts 1 min. Only one target can be hexed at a time. Only works on Humanoids and Beasts. 35 second cooldown.
• Spiritwalker’s Grace: Calls upon the spiritual guidance, permitting movement while casting non-instant Shaman spells. This spell may be cast while casting other spells. Lasts 20 sec. 2 minute cooldown.
• Ascendance: The Shaman surrenders his physical form to the power of the elements, gaining the ability to transform into a being of raw elemental energy for 20 sec.
~ Elemental: While in the form of a Flame Ascendant, Lava Burst has no cooldown and Chain Lightning is empowered to become Lava Beam.
~ Enhancement: While in the form of an AIr Ascendant, auto attacks and Stormstrike deal pure Nature damage and have a 30-yard range.
~ Restoration: While in the form of a Water Ascendant, all healing done is duplicated and distributed evenly among nearby allies.
• Wind Walk: Envelops the shaman in a twisting vortex of winds rendering him invisible for 15 sec. and increasing his movement speed by 100% for the duration. While wind walk is active, the effectiveness of your next successful damaging or healing spell is increased by 50% and it becomes instant cast. Casting an ability or using an item breaks the invisibility effect. Lasts 15 sec.
• Lava Lash: You charge your off-hand weapon with lava, instantly dealing 200% of that weapon’s damage to an enemy target and spreading your Flame Shock to all nearby enemies within 10 yards. 8 sec cooldown.
• Mental Quickness: Your spell power is now equal to 60% of your attack power, and you no longer benefit from other sources of spell power.
~ Your instant beneficial, damaging, and totem spells cost 75% less mana.
~ Your melee attacks have a 40% chance to immediately restore 5% of your mana.
• Lava Burst: You hurl molten lava at the target, dealing 2205 to 2834 (+ 150% of SpellPower) Fire damage and spread your Flame Shock to all nearby enemies within 10 yards. 8 sec cooldown. This will always be a critical and its damage is increased by your critical strike rating.
~ Lava Surge: Your Flame Shock periodic damage ticks have a 20% chance to reset the cooldown of your Lava Burst spell and cause your next Lava Burst spell to be instant. Lasts 10 seconds.
• Fulmination: Call down lightning from the sky, dealing 2031 (+ 225% of SpellPower) Nature damage. 3 second cast. 18 second cooldown. This will always be a critical and its damage is increased by your critical strike rating.
~ Earthen Power: Your Earth Shock has a 50% chance of resetting the cooldown of Fulmination and reducing its cast speed by 50%. Lasts 10 seconds.
• Conduit: Your next Lightning Bolt or Healing Surge ability will deal damage to or heal all targets within 15 yards of the target but only be 50% as effective. 12 second cooldown.
~ Conduit: Lightning Bolt - Your next Lightning Bolt will hit all targets within 15 yards of the target and deal 50% of its normal damage. 12 second cooldown.
~Conduit: Healing Surge – Your next Healing Surge will hit all targets within 15 yards of the target and heal for 50% of their normal healing. 12 second cooldown.
~ Elemental Focus: When you deal damage with Lightning Shield, Fulmination, Earth Shock, Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning while your Lightning Shield ability is active, you have a 50% chance to restore 2% of your mana, and you generate a Conduction charge, up to a maximum of 25 charges. (5 Conduits)
• Thunderstorm: You call down a bolt of lightning, energizing you and damaging nearby enemies within 10 yards. Restores 15% mana to you and deals 1696 to 1937 (+ 57.1% of SpellPower) Nature damage to all nearby enemies, reducing their movement speed by 40% for 5 sec and knocking them back 20 yards. This spell is usable while stunned. 25 sec cooldown.
Both dps specs: damage increase below 30%, either by increasing the lightningbolt/labaurst or stormstrike/lavalash scaling on low hp targets, or just a general % damage increase on said targets.
Resto: Heals on a target below 30% trigger an aditional smartheal (lowest hp% target in range) for 25% of the original.
Tectonic weapon: Your melee attacks have a chance to spawn a 10yard radius earthquake under the target (stacking upto 5 times), dealing nature damage to foes standing on it. (think of the troll instance tectonic plating on trashmobs). This would be a weapon imbue and open up a different playstyle in which secondary stats would be worth gemming for instead of agi.
Direwolf: You turn into a enraged direwolf for 20sec, increasing your movement speed by 30% and make you count as a beast, during this time your abilities do physical damage and your mastery benefits physical instead of elemental damage. You are healed for 50% of the damage done. (cant be disarmed/cancels disarm, as you dont wield a weapon)
Thunderstruck: Strikes the target (40 yard range) with a thunderstorm for 20sec, increasing the damage it takes from your lightningbolts by 15% and dealing 50% of their damage to nearby targets (15yard radius).
Earthen form: You turn into an earth construct for 20sec, making you take 20% less damage and grants silence immunity attacks against you numb the target, causing them to deal 10% less damage for 10sec.
Rivers blessing(passive): your critical heals have a chance to spawn a river connecting you and your target for 15sec (max 3 per shaman) causing 10% of the healing you do to the connected target, to splash onto party or raid members within 10yards of the river.
Be like water: Turn into a watery version of yourself for 20sec, increasing the healing received by 15% and healing done by 10% for its duration.
the're some things that feel weird when i'm playing my elem shaman. Maybe blizz can address and/or fix those:
-unleash elements - flametongue weapon: It does instant target damage, and buffs the next fire spell with 30% in the next 8sec.
--> This means you need to use it before your next lava burst. But in practice, i have the feeling this spell was designed to be used immediate after a lava burst cast. It feels odd to cast it just before a lava burst cast. Would appreciate it if blizzard would remove the 8sec timer...
- stormlash totem: I use it , but i constanly wonder why; it's a totem without any clear causality! It's just MEHHH ...
- Capacitor Totem: (in combination with totemic projection) It works and it provides gameplay ... but sometimes i wonder if it isn't better just to run away??? lol
Last edited by rogas; 2013-01-18 at 12:34 PM.
Besides the point that it's rather useless.... 8 targets are trash mobs, and it's rather completely unimportant what numbers are done on trash.
You may do a little better in BG's where players are cluttered around a flag.
Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-01-18 at 12:46 PM.
More frost spells. Master of elements and we have mostly air, some fire, some earth, and little frost.
I would love for resto shaman mastery to be reworked. I'm not saying the mastery isn't useful.... or doesn't have a particular niche in progression
I'm just not a big fan of the whole you play worse I heal better scenario.
wrecking farm content is actually fun as a healer...but when you have an almighty disc priest in the raid preventing damage entirely...shaman mastery might as well be nonexistent.
and second thing is that Flame shock is not counted as aoe spell so its not scaling down even if its applied to more than 10 targets
ps there are boss fights with adds and aoe is rather important i dont see any reason to dont have viable aoe as enh shaman, beside that faster trashes kill more time on boss
I'd like a healing over time mastery kind of like what Holy Priests have, but instead for it to be a bit like Renewing Mists if that makes sense...