Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I see many longer-time players with this mindset, but even many of them acknowledge that nowadays gearing dps is every bit as important as gearing tanks/healers, considering gear checks are just as much about dps checks as they are survivability/healing checks. Gear your tanks or healers so you can bring one or two less healers (or even one-tank), or gear your dps so you don't need to cut healers/tanks.

edit/update:
    sorry, at first i misread your post; i thought you were saying tanks/healers should be geared first. but i guess as-written what i said still applies.
    that's not true though. aside from the fact that there is designated gear for plate healers and tanks which should be used instead of tier-pieces, you can do the whole T14 HC content with badly geared tanks (even ~470 would be enough) and mediocre geared healers (~480+). on the other hand, you're going to have a very hard time if your DDs are geared anything less than 485 at the lowest, for some bosses you need 500+. That's the way it has been for several tiers now, gear in the first few weeks is more efficient on damage dealers. the reasons for that are various. tanks can make do with very little gear, now more than ever, because of the current active mitigation system. with healers, you can usually make the fight a lot easier on them by having capable tanks and more importantly good use of raid cooldowns. but you can't really do anything magical to beat the enrage timer, that's a pure gear check, assuming your dps are playing their classes optimally.
    what is and was way more important than tank and healer gear are the classes. having a disc priest constantly smiting and/or resto druids doing considerable dps with heart of the wild made a huge difference in many boss fights. cutting healers or tanks doesn't really work during progress because you just dont have the gear or the encounter would be tuned very badly (or you're just playing the encounter wrong).

regards
    Last edited by mmocc23bbb0a5f; 2013-01-10 at 05:27 PM.

Deleted
    25 druids.

I run with

Tanks:
    Blood Dk
    Brew Monk

Healers:
    Disc/shadow (me)
    Pally
    Misty Monk

DPS
    Frost Dk
    Hunter
    Mage
    Boomkin
    Lock

The comp feels really balanced, we have all the buffs and a lot of utility.

Deleted
    Prot Warrior
    Prot Paladin

Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest

Hunter
    Ele Shammy resto OS
    Boomkin resto OS
    Mage
    Lock
    Rogue