Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Well yea I read the title and it was pretty meaningless. I'm pretty comfortable saying more than half the people on this board have no clue what 52c means I really don't understand why a conversion wasn't in the OP, much less the title.
    The majority of people on the boards are non-American, who predominantly use Celsius. Fahrenheit still confuses me a bit after living in America for ten years, it's so irrational.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    That said, I can't even stand 80 degrees (edit: Fahrenheit), how do you guys handle that heat?
    I guess they are just used to it.

Also, Warning: let's not discuss the difference between Celsius and Fahrenheit, we don't need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    The majority of people on the boards are non-American, who predominantly use Celsius. Fahrenheit still confuses me a bit after living in America for ten years, it's so irrational.
    The thing I like about farenheit is that because there is a vast number difference between temperatures it's almost easier to tell (for me) if it's cold or hot. When I lived in Peru and they use Celsius, 21 felt chilly, but 24 felt very warm. - and that's only 3 grade difference. Where in farenheit, I can tell easier that 65 is colder than 72 by a reasonable amount.

I just like the bigger number change because I feel it's easier to tell warm/cool.

EDIT: wrote before I saw the warning, sorry!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I guess they are just used to it.
    Right but don't they like... sweat profusely? Or have to consume gallons of water to stay hydrated? Or.... Sit in the freezer lol.
    Last edited by Valiea; 2013-01-09 at 05:36 PM.

Aveline's amazing work!

Deleted
    Right but don't they like... sweat profusely? Or have to consume gallons of water to stay hydrated? Or.... Sit in the freezer lol.
    I have no idea tbh...

But I think so. Like I said, they are just probably used to it.

Where I live, the summers generally are between 80-100 degrees (27 and 37 C). But, it's not very humid and neither is Australia I don't think. Shade is like 15+ degrees cooler.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I have no idea tbh...

True. Because I live in Michigan it's 35-43 Fahrenheit the last couple days and I've been outside in a short sleeved T-shirt and shorts and sandals lol... Willing to bet people think I'm crazy too. You're so smart Majad

Aveline's amazing work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Death Valley (in California) always gets to be over 55 degrees Celsius. You would not want to break down there!

Most deserty places (isn't central australia a big desert) get really hot - and it's probably why most people don't live in deserts.
    Crazy how close Death Valley (lowest point in the contiguous 48 states) is to Mt. Whitney (highest point in the contiguous 48 states). I guess that was a complete non-sequitur, but I'm gonna post it anyway.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    2012 was the warmest year on record for the continental United States. We had a severe drought that covered 60% of the country at one point.

Looks like its Australia's turn. Good luck down there fellas.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

I have no idea tbh...

nobody gets used to 100f+. the sun feels like a hammer physically smacking you in the face. ive been in 113 in a georgia summer before, and i never want to do that again
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    Ah, sarcasm.

I guess I really didn't understand that what he said is anything close to the definition of sarcasm.
    Oh my god. You have my empathy poor (little) guy or girl.

If I am not mistaken 56.6 c is the highest recorded no? So at current estimates this will still be off it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Heh, I was more annoyed by the incorrect formatting of the temperature both in the article, and later replies in this thread.
    Nitpicking physicist that I am...

Capitol C, please. Celcius was a dude. It was his name. A small c denotes the speed of light.
    And here: Use the flying circle º
    It is mindboggling that a supposed physicist never comes up with real context in their posts and rather be a nitpicking physicist. Only ever trying to point out little errors from other people which you can clearly copy/paste from google. If you feel offended, well... It's just that there are 10000 people like this on the internet, generalization ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    nobody gets used to 100f+. the sun feels like a hammer physically smacking you in the face. ive been in 113 in a georgia summer before, and i never want to do that again
    103*F with 80*F dew points on RAGBRAI last year.

Here in Italy is never too cold and hardly too hot.

Hi!.

Quote Originally Posted by Koen991 View Post
    It is mindboggling that a supposed physicist never comes up with real context in their posts and rather be a nitpicking physicist. Only ever trying to point out little errors from other people which you can clearly copy/paste from google.

Obviously you have never watched the Big Bang Theory.

Deleted
    Getting close to the world record hold by the death valley, good luck and keep hydrated.

Go plant a tree!! Build a canal? stop crying and go blame the aboriginees for turning the continent into a wasteland by land clearing everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    extra crispy...just the way i like my kangaroos ';..;'

it's currently 0 degrees here..i feel sorry for anyone having a holiday in Australia :S going from 0 degrees to 52 degrees so suddenly may cause them to explode :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    Well, from what I got, it's not at 100f+ yet, right?

So I'm going to assume they are atleast accustomed to the "normal" temperature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Here in Italy is never too cold and hardly too hot.

Hi!.
    Same thing in Portugal, except in the Summer, kinda.