Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Tier 15 Set Bonuses

Item - Death Knight T15 Blood 2P Bonus (New) Reduces the cooldown of your Rune Tap ability by 10 sec and removes its Rune cost.
    Item - Death Knight T15 Blood 4P Bonus (New) Your Bone Shield ability grants you 15 Runic Power each time one of its charges is consumed.
    Item - Death Knight T15 DPS 2P Bonus (New) Your attacks have a chance to raise the spirit of a fallen Zandalari as your Death Knight minion for 15 sec.
    Item - Death Knight T15 DPS 4P Bonus (New) Increases the duration of Army of the Dead by 15 sec.

Discuss.

Blood is trash.
    Dps looks pretty nice, though the zandalri better do some decent damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few of the set bonuses appear to favor certain talents over others. So much for "apples to apples". The Blood 4pc is pretty nice, as well as the DPS 4pc. Agreed, I hope the risen Zandalari does some decent damage to warrant a set bonus...

frost seems so lazy.. its like they couldnt htink of anything.. so gave us a random minion as a bonus.. aotd dps is trash so extra 15 seconds doesnt do anythng for a 4 pc bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devilminion View Post
    frost seems so lazy.. its like they couldnt htink of anything.. so gave us a random minion as a bonus.. aotd dps is trash so extra 15 seconds doesnt do anythng for a 4 pc bonus.

Well, let's just see how much damage/uptime/cooldown the zandalari minion has... about the army of dead... i'm still hoping that this is a joke! worst set bonus ever, my army with all my trinkets proced, pillar of frost and pot hits about 1.7M damage through a fight, if the new time is 55 secs the total damage is around 2.4M about 0.7M improve in a fight... Awsome, this is a dream, the new setbonus its about 1 or 2 more obliterates in a single fight.

this time i can ignore the set bonus...

seriously, i really hope they change this.
    Last edited by Mitra; 2013-01-10 at 04:44 AM.

not sure if u are serious or joking. most tier bonuses benefit from gear and scale. 10% more oblit dmg = u do more dmg as yr gear improves too..wont happen with AoTD (not as much). Also AOTD benefits from trinkets, pillar etc within those 40 seconds. your pillar, trinket proccs, pot etc will be on cd for the extra remaining 15 seconds.. so it will hit liek a wet noodle in that period. first 15 sec dps != last 15 seconds for army.

I actually like the Blood tier bonuses. 20s CD rune tap that costs no runes? Should work out to about 3000 HPS if you actually bother to use it often now that it's free.

The 4pc is 90 free RP every minute basically. Nothing special but it means either more rune strikes, or something to use with the new, cheaper conversion. Actually it works nearly perfectly with the new 5 RP/s conversion. Not the best bonuses in the tier, but no way is it "trash".

both four pieces are crap. RP isnt hard to come by as a blood dk and already getting tight with the GCD. The dps 4 pc is ABSOLUTE garbage. in a fight where I did 4.32% of the raid damage to empress...army did .19 of that....it will possibly go to .25 wit the set bonus. This is such garbage at the fact that a set bonus adds 15 seconds to an ability we use once a fight...and some fights its not even used...unless these fights last over 10 minutes and have some serious down time this is such a crappy bonus it's stupid.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 05:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    I actually like the Blood tier bonuses. 20s CD rune tap that costs no runes? Should work out to about 3000 HPS if you actually bother to use it often now that it's free.

The 4pc is 90 free RP every minute basically. Nothing special but it means either more rune strikes, or something to use with the new, cheaper conversion. Actually it works nearly perfectly with the new 5 RP/s conversion. Not the best bonuses in the tier, but no way is it "trash".
    this is assuming conversion will be a good talent for blood dks in 5.2...Death pact is still REALLY strong.

This is interesting. I hope the Zandalari is a giant.

I hope the proc works like gurth where more than 1 can spawn. But by judging the wording it wont.

4 piece frost/UH is super lame. 15 seconds on AotD is kinda meh on a 10 min CD. Maybe if army ever got brought in line with similar CDs such as stampede this would be nice but otherwise its barely noticeable.

Blood 4 set is not very good either. On a 5.5 minute fight where you expend all charges of bone shield you are looking at a gain of 450 runic power. sounds like a lot but with blood tap this only translates into 30 charges which is 3 extra death strikes during the whole fight. the 10% increase in healing from DS was a much better bonus only requiring 31 DS during the same 5.5 minute period to be better than this bonus.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post

My problem with the 4 piece is it assumes perfect expenditure of bone shield charges, while not super hard to do there are tank swap fights that will reduce the effectiveness of this 2 pc.

Quote Originally Posted by matthias9742 View Post
    Blood 4 set is not very good either. On a 5.5 minute fight where you expend all charges of bone shield you are looking at a gain of 450 runic power. sounds like a lot but with blood tap this only translates into 30 charges which is 3 extra death strikes during the whole fight. the 10% increase in healing from DS was a much better bonus only requiring 31 DS during the same 5.5 minute period to be better than this bonus.
    It's a little more than that, but that would be being picky.

450 / (1 - ( (1/30)*((2/5)/1)*(1/1)*(10/1) )) = 519 RP ==> 3.46 DS

That's ignoring the extra RS's chance to proc CS-BB, which I believe still grants RP but I haven't checked in a while.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Deleted
    wow... so the army 4 pc bonus might be what, 500k damage extra in 10mins?

That is...

Terribad...

Quote Originally Posted by SSHA778 View Post
    It's a little more than that, but that would be being picky.

450 / (1 - ( (1/30)*((2/5)/1)*(1/1)*(10/1) )) = 519 RP ==> 3.46 DS

That's ignoring the extra RS's chance to proc CS-BB, which I believe still grants RP but I haven't checked in a while.
    cool thanks for the numbers, was just doing some napkin math. With that said, even if it granted us 4 DS over the same time period I don't think it is a better tier bonus than T14.

I was really hoping to see raid utility in this tier since PTR has been lacking on any blood news/changes beyond blood worms.

so that fallen Zandalari we get does that coundt as one minion?! meaning we can no longer summon our own minion or use "Udead Control" for the duration of 15 seconds?!
    what happens if im an unholy dk and have one minion up at all times
    --
    I love the blood 2set its rather nice!
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

the blood set bonuses make me cry a bit.

I mean the rune tap one isnt too bad. It's not as good as the 20s off VB we have now, but it's not terrible.
    The 4pc is just...not even worth it. Guess when I need more RP the least? When I have the 20% reduction from bone shield, that's when.

As a dpser i feel mostly disappointed by these.

I feel two piece could be amazing if they do it right.
    It all comes down to loads of variables we can't see here, like:
    If the Zandalaris stack with Risen Ghouls?
    How often do the Zandalaris spawn?
    Do they just melee? Do they cast frost or shadow nukes?
    Can more than one Zandalari be active?

All of these could be made into a awesome set bonus, have to wait to found out however.

The four set, i'm super disappointed about.
    Its good Army is a real dps cooldown now in mists, but the fact its on a 10 minute cooldown means its a once per fight thing.
    I don't think its good that so much power is being put into it.
    The idea that our whole set bonus relies on using army at the right time in a fight, when they can dps something sustained for 55 seconds.
    So this will generally only help with raids, 5 man stuff will die too fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeion View Post
    so that fallen Zandalari we get does that coundt as one minion?! meaning we can no longer summon our own minion or use "Udead Control" for the duration of 15 seconds?!
    what happens if im an unholy dk and have one minion up at all times
    Yes it's a minion, no it doesn't block your ghoul, or atleast it only does it as much as Gurth.

I'm extremely iffy on both of the set bonuses, I wasnt a fan of the pet summoning tier sets in FL, so it isnt really going to change now. And 15 seconds on army, with no cd reduction, or anything else, has to be a complete joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devilminion View Post
    not sure if u are serious or joking. most tier bonuses benefit from gear and scale. 10% more oblit dmg = u do more dmg as yr gear improves too..wont happen with AoTD (not as much). Also AOTD benefits from trinkets, pillar etc within those 40 seconds. your pillar, trinket proccs, pot etc will be on cd for the extra remaining 15 seconds.. so it will hit liek a wet noodle in that period. first 15 sec dps != last 15 seconds for army.
    pushing the numbers up a bit yeah...
    Lei Shen's Final Orders lasts 20 secs
    Relic of Xuen lasts for 15
    Pillar of Frost lasts 20 secs
    Rune of the Fallen Crusader 15 secs

Even with all this str the ghouls hit low...
    I'm really looking forward to see they changing the 4P bonus.

The minions of the 2P bonus should work like the Nibelung staff proc i guess

I miss the face-melting tentacles during 4.3, hopefully the Zandalari ghost will have even almost the same relative damage and proc rate.