Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    The icd on that 2 set bonus will most likely be nerfed. Shaman's do decent damage on AE fights, but with this I feel it would make crazy numbers.
    It may actually influence them to use this 2p in arena/rbg if it procs so much.

  2. #22
    Another hard hitting ability that is completely random? Is that really the way Elemental should go? I'm not too sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrImmortal View Post
    The icd on that 2 set bonus will most likely be nerfed. Shaman's do decent damage on AE fights, but with this I feel it would make crazy numbers.
    It may actually influence them to use this 2p in arena/rbg if it procs so much.
    He already said that it will be nerfed (damage will be split on all targets). Also from his reply it's not clear if each CL hit has the 10% chance or only 3,333...%.

  3. #23
    Dreadlord zenga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    993
    This is again one of those things that's gonna affect pvp ... imagine having 2-3 ele's in your rbg team with 2p while turtling in WsG/Twin Peaks ... On current gear you'd lose like 644 pvp power and 644 resilience for shoulders+hands. Which is not the end of the world for such a proc. And challenge modes gonna be fun with 3 ele with 2p ...

    Either way they should make procs like this only work against non player targets.
    Last edited by zenga; 2013-01-11 at 02:34 PM.

  4. #24
    Legendary! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,595
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Another hard hitting ability that is completely random? Is that really the way Elemental should go? I'm not too sure.


    He already said that it will be nerfed (damage will be split on all targets). Also from his reply it's not clear if each CL hit has the 10% chance or only 3,333...%.
    Currently it's probably 10% but may get changed as the set is refined. Also 5 targets = you will still get increased proc chance.

    The part you have to understand is even single target the damage of this spell will be through the roof on current proc rate and damage. They don't need to add an ICD when they can just make the damage reasonable instead.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The part you have to understand is even single target the damage of this spell will be through the roof on current proc rate and damage. They don't need to add an ICD when they can just make the damage reasonable instead.
    I dunno, looking at my WOL, my normal LB does something like 75k 60k to 75k non crit. So 10% of them doing an additional average 70k damage is like LB doing 10% more damage. That will go down with better gear, though. It'd be interesting to know if the damage penalty of Elemental Mastery is applied to the procc, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    And challenge modes gonna be fun with 3 ele with 2p
    Set bonuses are disabled for challenge modes.
    Last edited by thebdc; 2013-01-11 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Broadened the LB damage a bit, should not only look at Protectors HC

  6. #26
    Legendary! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,595
    Set bonuses are usually around 3%, even in your example LB is looking at 5+% given lightning bolts position. Anytime you can get a chain lightning off you are increasing the damage further.

  7. #27
    Since the CD for Ascendance doesn't start till the ability finishes the set bonus is considerably weaker than it could be.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    This is again one of those things that's gonna affect pvp ... imagine having 2-3 ele's in your rbg team with 2p while turtling in WsG/Twin Peaks ... On current gear you'd lose like 644 pvp power and 644 resilience for shoulders+hands. Which is not the end of the world for such a proc. And challenge modes gonna be fun with 3 ele with 2p ...

    Either way they should make procs like this only work against non player targets.
    unless they changed it, tier pieces are turned off for challenge modes, doesnt matter for me much anymore as i already have my gold xmog set.

  9. #29
    Shaman
    - The Elemental 4pc does trigger from Overloads.
    - We're still iterating on the cooldown/potency/duration of Elemental Mastery. In the next PTR build, it will likely be a 90 sec cooldown.
    - We are experimenting with removing the attenuation of Chain Lightning. This means Chain Lightning won't do less damage on subsequent targets


    The first is excellent news
    The second we all knew was coming so cant be upset about it
    Now if the 3rd happens to take place our AOE from chain Lightning will b raised be on three targets by about 37% and raised by 80% on 5 targets. (fingers crossed this goes live) this changed combined with the 2 piece would realy sky rocket our AOE dmg now prey for some single target)love
    Last edited by SamoTray; 2013-01-12 at 10:07 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    Since the CD for Ascendance doesn't start till the ability finishes the set bonus is considerably weaker than it could be.
    Didn't think of that - that does kinda blow.

  11. #31
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,147
    The 2P bonus sounds fun and like something I've wanted for a long time, also it sounds like our t15 will be lightning based, so yay.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  12. #32
    Legendary! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,595
    Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    - We are experimenting with removing the attenuation of Chain Lightning. This means Chain Lightning won't do less damage on subsequent targets

    Now if the 3rd happens to take place our AOE from chain Lightning will b raised be on three targets by about 37% and raised by 80%. (fingers crossed this goes live) this changed combined with the 2 piece would realy sky rocket our AOE dmg now rey for some single
    Nowhere does it state the first hit damage won't be reduced.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Nowhere does it state the first hit damage won't be reduced.
    Nowhere does it state that it will be reduced either. We willjust have to wait and see thats why its being tested out right now

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by MrImmortal View Post
    The icd on that 2 set bonus will most likely be nerfed. Shaman's do decent damage on AE fights
    Depends on the AoE Situation.

    Long AoE with many Adds -> Ele sucks because Cl hits 5 targets and dots based AoE will go crazy
    Long AoE with few Adds -> Elemental pretty avg.
    Short AoE with frw Adds -> Elemental good


    Before you come up with Windlord Mel'jarak Hc, most Dps comes from Single Target due the 600% Dmg debuff, during Progress i was slightly behind the rest of our DD's until the Recklessness Phase kicked in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    Since the CD for Ascendance doesn't start till the ability finishes the set bonus is considerably weaker than it could be.
    Wrong.

    Ascendance CD starts as soon as you press Ascendance BUT it is not shown, when Ascendance is over the CD jumps to 2:45.

    For this Reason, many Addons have issues with displaying this CD properly.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Depends on the AoE Situation.

    Long AoE with many Adds -> Ele sucks because Cl hits 5 targets and dots based AoE will go crazy
    Long AoE with few Adds -> Elemental pretty avg.
    Short AoE with frw Adds -> Elemental good

    Before you come up with Windlord Mel'jarak Hc, most Dps comes from Single Target due the 600% Dmg debuff, during Progress i was slightly behind the rest of our DD's until the Recklessness Phase kicked in.

    Using reg mode Windlord Mel'jarak (10M) as an example i can say i usually end the fight around 170k and am at the top. I've burst up to 300k without lust and stay on top throughout. We run 2 10m groups and always mix up people and this is usually the case. I cant see why people say ele aoe is bad. This might just be on 10m mode or reg mode, but there are quite a few players that run this same mode.

  16. #36
    As far as remember GC said the 2p bonus doesn't have ICD.
    Quote:
    "The Elemental Shaman 2T15 bonus triggers from Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning hits (including Overloads). A Chain Lightning that hits 5 targets has 5 separate chances to trigger the Lightning Strike. If it Overloads, then 10 chances. There is no ICD, so it can proc multiple times from a single Chain Lightning. However, in the next build (or perhaps a hotfix), the damage from the Lightning Strike will be split between affected targets. There is a very high potential impact from this set bonus, so we’re keeping our eye on this, and may have to nerf it. But we’re trying it this way, since it is the most fun version. "

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by korlach View Post
    Using reg mode Windlord Mel'jarak (10M) as an example i can say i usually end the fight around 170k and am at the top. I've burst up to 300k without lust and stay on top throughout. We run 2 10m groups and always mix up people and this is usually the case. I cant see why people say ele aoe is bad. This might just be on 10m mode or reg mode, but there are quite a few players that run this same mode.
    Don't know your raid comp but Dot based AoE usually beats you on the long run if adds live long enough, which was true for my raid during Progress.

    Now those Battle mender die after ~40 sec's already, not enough time to unfold Dot based AoE, also AoE Dps drops badly during Recklessness while Elemental can easily continue because of Cl.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Don't know your raid comp but Dot based AoE usually beats you on the long run if adds live long enough, which was true for my raid during Progress.

    Now those Battle mender die after ~40 sec's already, not enough time to unfold Dot based AoE, also AoE Dps drops badly during Recklessness while Elemental can easily continue because of Cl.
    dots never beat CL on that number of adds its simply too few, i hold like 250k+ dps spamming cl, and have peaked upto 700k during first recklessness (good rng) u cannot roll dots on that fight because theres not enough, if u had 30 adds for example yes dots win, but this fight its not enough.

  19. #39
    it sttart at end with 15 sec cd allready elapsed

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Depends on the AoE Situation.

    Long AoE with many Adds -> Ele sucks because Cl hits 5 targets and dots based AoE will go crazy
    Long AoE with few Adds -> Elemental pretty avg.
    Short AoE with frw Adds -> Elemental good
    As a ranking shadowpriest on Wind Lord I simply dot one target and mind sear. I know our moonkin does something similar. I think only warlocks do something funky with dots and seeds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •