Cloak and Dagger - breaking roots?

I can't get on the PTR atm, has any rogue experimented with Cloak and Dagger and found if it breaks roots? Also, does it target camouflage or do our openers instead get turned into a ranged spell?

How about reforging - with 150 energy and a usable ranged attack do we have the uptime to switch to haste? I'm guessing that energy capping while snared/rooted isn't going to be as common as it is now.
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2013-01-10 at 02:34 PM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    I want to know the same, can anyone test this please?

Been able to get onto PTR at last - Cloak and Dagger does indeed break roots. Dropping combat while rooted is going to give a free teleport, plus we'd have great mobility during dance. Add on the focus cheaps/garrotes we'll be able to pull off on healers and this surely looks like a decent alternative to shadow step. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2013-01-10 at 06:39 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Been able to get onto PTR at last - Cloak and Dagger does indeed break roots. Dropping combat while rooted is going to give a free teleport, plus we'd have great mobility during dance. Add on the focus cheaps/garrotes we'll be able to pull off on healers and this surely looks like a decent alternative to shadow step. Thoughts?
    a 1 min mobility sounds pretty awful however I'm not a rogue anymore nor am I an arena god so I can't really have much an opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    a 1 min mobility sounds pretty awful however I'm not a rogue anymore nor am I an arena god so I can't really have much an opinion.
    It's more than that though, this will make rogue openers almost guarenteed despite AoE and Flares and etc - that by itself is quite valuable, since right now getting rogue openers off with all the huge AoE effects and multitude of stealths and flares. It also means that even if say, a warrior / dk are charging your Healer right off the bat, you will be able to sap their healer and teleport back to the warrior/dk for peels: saves a dash of time but against melee cleaves all early time counts for a lot.

In seasons past we were able to pull off quite a few combat restealths as well, so resets count for more for the rogue, if you fear or poly or repentance a rogue for 8 seconds and the fight gets moved too far away (or roots for that matter) - they get restealths off. Vanish = more teleports, Shadowdance = more teleports. Also while using Shadowdance as a teleport sounds not so good - being unpeelable during a burst cycle sounds pretty amazing: it risks being like Avatar pre-nerf, but since rogues are wholly absent right now - and this talent competes with other very very good options - I don't think it will end up like Avatar.

Edit: I looked at my post count and said "hey! 1337!" and then looked at Apathy's "18924" O.O And the join date is Mar 2011... you crazy.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-01-10 at 08:46 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    This talent sounds much more than 1 min mobility

You can do crazy crazy stuff like garrote healer 30 yards away and then cheap shot the other dps and then back to the kill target with another garrote/cheap shot in 3 gcds!

This talent alone can make night elfs the best rogue race. Meld->cheap shot hunter 30 yards away. Wow! And it will guarantee openers vs priest / lock too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    This talent sounds much more than 1 min mobility

You can do crazy crazy stuff like garrote healer 30 yards away and then cheap shot the other dps and then back to the kill target with another garrote/cheap shot in 3 gcds!

This talent alone can make night elfs the best rogue race. Meld->cheap shot hunter 30 yards away. Wow! And it will guarantee openers vs priest / lock too.
    Well, nelfs are the best race for all classes, so that's nothing new. While meld+CnD synergy is pretty great, in the past nelves were strong rogues anyways for similar reasons (including meld+Ambush right now, to refresh Find Weakness) - and it used to be Meld+Stealth back when it was a combat drop (pre-Cataclysm) - which was even stronger than meld+CnD synergy.

With that said, while nelves are a great rogue race and always have been - human EMFHS was amazing for rogues last season because it allowed them to stack on-use trinket with shadowdance and still bring Vial of Shadows to the arena - this is still essentially true, human EMFHS is still an amazing racial for any spec of any class - the strongest racial though, for any class except perhaps warriors (who already have enough fear breaks as it is) - is Undead: WotF is and will always be stronger than EMHFS and even Meld+CnD - a second trinket is a preposterous and OP racial.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Speaking of races, I'm loving being orc at the moment - the biggest rogue killer imo is stuns and I'm finding staying alive a bit easier after switching from undead. I was too scared to use WotF as it meant being without a trinket and as soon as I'd pop it I'd be hard switched to.