Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    But not one that cows digest well.
    They do digest it well, and cows are not only fed corn but usually can graze, and are fed hay and oats in addition to a feed corn.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Other countries also make their burgers slightly differently to adapt to the culture. If you eat at an asian McDonalds, expect a few differences.

But yes, the cost and convenience is the reason why they are so popular. When you are really busy, being able to pull through a drive through and spend $5 to get your fill is pretty amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    They do digest it well, and cows are not only fed corn but usually can graze, and are fed hay and oats in addition to a feed corn.
    You clearly are not familiar with how cheap beef is produced... look into it, its very interesting. Many studies have been done showing how poorly cows do on corn feed, switching them to grass and grain eliminates the need for ammonia wash to kill the ecoli that thrive in the cows stomachs when the acid levels shift to deal with the corn. But corn and ammonia is cheaper.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Awesome picture, that made me think about the quality of the bugers on each country, i can't believe that i can get 18 burgers for 50USD on Mexico, Philippines and Arabia. US only 11 for 4.2 each one.... I don't want to eat one in Hong Kong, Malaysia and China
    This comment is pretty dumb. McDonalds makes all their burgers, fries etc... They do not source them from another company. Instead the labour costs in those countries are lower, hence cheaper burgers.

The price is high but the food is tasty.. sort of, when you feel like eating eat - so that must be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    that is pink slime and that is so your burger doesn't have bacteria in it.
    Fast food burger joints do not use reconstituted meat (IE 'pink slime') in burger patties. The patties are ground beef. The only place they use the reconstituted stuff is in chicken and pork sandwiches, as well as the so-called "chicken nuggets". However, I believe McDonalds and some other places do not even use reconstituted meat in the chicken. Not sure which ones though. The "McRib" is 100% reconstituted Pork pressed into a rib shape, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    You clearly are not familiar with how cheap beef is produced... look into it, its very interesting. Many studies have been done showing how poorly cows do on corn feed, switching them to grass and grain eliminates the need for ammonia wash to kill the ecoli that thrive in the cows stomachs when the acid levels shift to deal with the corn. But corn and ammonia is cheaper.
    Corn is a grain, and the reason they started using pink slime was because people complained about getting sick from any beef source so they started using it on almost all ground beef products so that there was almost no chance of any outbreak.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    It's sam's club. Their regular prices are going to be equivalent to most typical places sale prices.
    That is my point. You dont buy at regular prices. You buy at sale prices and never from your big box stores.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    Fast food burger joints do not use reconstituted meat (IE 'pink slime') in burger patties. The patties are ground beef. The only place they use the reconstituted stuff is in chicken and pork sandwiches, as well as the so-called "chicken nuggets". However, I believe McDonalds and some other places do not even use reconstituted meat in the chicken. Not sure which ones though. The "McRib" is 100% reconstituted Pork pressed into a rib shape, though.
    Yeah apparently McDonald's beef is straight up ground beef:

http://gizmodo.com/5947492/what-mcdo...really-made-of
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yeah apparently McDonald's beef is straight up ground beef:

http://gizmodo.com/5947492/what-mcdo...really-made-of
    Yup you can get that from mcdonalds ingredient statements too, beef salt pepper, only has 3 ingredients.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    That is my point. You dont buy at regular prices. You buy at sale prices and never from your big box stores.
    Come to Hawai'i and find me a store that sells ground beef for $1.50/lb and I'll give you my firstborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Yup you can get that from mcdonalds ingredient statements too, beef salt pepper, only has 3 ingredients.
    yes they got so much flak and sueing that they cut on all the nasty stuff, also they remodeled quite a lot of their bussiness model a few years ago, most mcdonalds nowadays are quite "fancy", still, it doesnt taste that great tbh as they need to press and cook everything very well, the bread is meh, the chips are "ok"... only thing that i like about it is the darn sunday -.-!

their breakfast is amazing. bacon, egg & cheese bagel is too good. throw a hashbrown on that thing and its the greatest breakfast ever. I get it with extra bacon, call it the triple bypass.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Come to Hawai'i and find me a store that sells ground beef for $1.50/lb and I'll give you my firstborn.
    EVERYTHING in hawaii is more expensive. Even fast food commercials have the fine print at the bottom that states "prices higher in Hawaii and Alaska" If you didn't realize he's talking about the mainland then you're pretty silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I imagine you guys have to import it all? :P

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    EVERYTHING in hawaii is more expensive.
    Born here, I'm aware of that, and it was my entire point.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    I imagine you guys have to import it all? :P
    Well we DO have quite a few farms here but yes I imagine the chain stores get their stuff from elsewhere. lol

Deleted
    I used to like it before I got into fitness and training. Now it taste too much of salt and oil. However it is cheap which is why people "like" the stuff compared to so many other place. I prefer Burger King at any time if I have to get a burger.

There is exactly 1 reason that I go to McDonald's ever. It is the closest place that's open late and sometimes (like during WoW binges) I look at the clock, realize I'm hungry and know that it's going to be open. Every time I do that, I regret it...
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

I only by mc flurries. Burgers are super overpriced for the crappy quality to be honest.
    For a full Mc donalds meal ( = 7.50 euros) you can get a pizza = 10 times tasties and is more!

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Its world wide, and lets be honest ~ the basic cheese burger is freaking great there. Just meat, cheese, ketchup , a few diced onions and 2 pickle slices = EPICCCCCCCCCC.

Nuggets are tasty too, other than that, its pretty bland.
    how in hell can someone like their low budget pickled condom rubber?

Deleted
    Sometimes I just really, really want to eat at McDonalds. Probably happens once a month maybe, I'll probably be horrendously hungover but yeah, can't beat a Bigmac meal and a double cheeseburger sometimes.