Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

[CES 2013] Silverstone Cases Showcase

Please discuss these gorgeous new cases!

Drunkenvalley might get the RV04 while Cyanotical and Marest will surely get the FT04. :P

Oh and they have an awesome dual monitor 360 degree stand towards the end.

Here's the video for accessories and a few other cases! That super tiny integrated case looks perfect for building your own custom laptop. haha

Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2013-01-09 at 07:44 PM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Don't like any of the new cases except for the new Sugo that wasn't in the video.

http://www.techpowerup.com/178511/Si...ming-Kick.html
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't? I think they look fantastic and that Mammoth being spill-proof essentially is awesome... though in all of my years with a computer (about 16 years now...) I've not ONCE spilled a beverage on or near a computer.
    "A flower.

I prefer Silverstones more clean looking cases like FT02, TJ07 and TJ11.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

I don't like them. Show us something plain and without plastic, like the TJ07.

...but I guess the times of plastic free cases are gone forever, thanks to the feature madness current cases have to fulfill.

Fortress04 was pretty darn neat. But aside from that there's very little interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    Like, idk, the FT04 they show? o.Ô

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post

...but I guess the times of plastic free cases are gone forever, thanks to the feature madness current cases have to fulfill.
    Um... SilverStone has more cases with less plastic than most of the other manufacturers, at least. The fact they use so much aluminum, already puts them above most of the competitors, if you ask me.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    that ML04 is sexy. might beat out the node 304 for my mini itx build depending on price when it's released
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    certain things have to be done with plastic, nobody is going to pay $1000 for a case, look at the level 10

i do like the FT04, but i prefer the vertical layout of the FT02

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    certain things have to be done with plastic, nobody is going to pay $1000 for a case, look at the level 10

i do like the FT04, but i prefer the vertical layout of the FT02
    Maybe I'm picky but I've never really seen a ThermalTake product I truly liked.

The only one I ever bought (and had to return, and now am happy I did) was a SpinQ CPU heatsink I bought long before I knew much of anything in this field. lol
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Maybe I'm picky but I've never really seen a ThermalTake product I truly liked.

The only one I ever bought (and had to return, and now am happy I did) was a SpinQ CPU heatsink I bought long before I knew much of anything in this field. lol

beautiful case, but not worth spending a grand on unless it is a storefront showcase

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I've seen the Level 10.

I do not like.
    "A flower.

Personally I think the interior design of the new cases is really lacking.
    Also it looks like they are using pretty much the same design they showed at Computex 6 months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's hard to improve, take the FT02, it's interior is almost perfect, everything is snug without feeling tight, my only complaint would be that they need to add a 1/2 inch or so to the back plain to aid in wiretucking

it's hard to improve, take the FT02, it's interior is almost perfect, everything is snug without feeling tight, my only complaint would be that they need to add a 1/2 inch or so to the back plain to aid in wiretucking
    Since I just recently moved over all my parts to the FT02 I can't do anything but agree with this, very much so.
    Also a better system for the fan cables would be appreciated and perhaps a few more places to strap cables on the back.

Deleted
    I dont understand why silverstone dont use rubber grommets like the ones in the corsair cases and yes theres not enough space behind the motherboard for cables in FT02. I also hate the top thing that you have to sort of rip off, it feels terrible and im afraid I break it every time (I havent yet) its also noisy as fuck and I wake up half the house if I want to take it off during the night. From what I could see in the vid the FT04 was dissapointing, I wish it was an improved version of FT02.

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually dont like the rubber grommet look, a rolled steal edge is much more appealing

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I am quite fond of the vertical placement of the MB in the older silverstone designs... Hence why I went with the RV-02E. I wanted to go FT-02, but didn't have the cash for it at the time. I am still quite pleased though.

Anyway, back to the ot, I just do not like the new designs. The new itx cases are nice lookin though.
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

If I was going to build a completely new machine right now for the sake of a friend or w/e, I'd probably put it in the FT02.

Deleted
    As nice as they are I will not be replacing my RV03 for many moons to come... excellent case. If it ain't broke don't fix it