Long time since I played this game or read anything about it so the system revamp is news to me. It's about time, maybe I can finally play again when there's no need to put points into things any more.

Thursday.

This should be fun.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Thursday.

This should be fun.
    Thursday what? New system goes in?

Edit: read the forums, yep...this is cray cray:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...launching-soon
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2017-01-17 at 11:30 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah I'm gonna give them a week.

I know their shenanigans all too well. And this is, well, major.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably wait until next Monday. But I am excite.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah.

I mean it's changing pretty much every core part of the game. I've never been apart of anything like this before so I'm wishing them the best of luck as I really do enjoy the chase in this one.

The whole thing sounds like a train wreck, I don't believe it's even close to ready. They've pretty much said they're releasing it because they don't have as many people testing anymore, so they're getting less useful feedback, and also people aren't playing the game as much because there's really no point until the changes go in.

The obvious issue with this is they'll go live with probably half (or more!) of the roster playing like shit, and then maybe fixing it later.

So what characters have had decent testing? Is there a list?

when i first heard about this game, i hoping it'd be like dc universe online, only... good.

i wish marvel would make an mmo like that. i'd love a good super hero/villain mmo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't even figure out how to choose talents or abilities or whatever....I clicked in the third column thinking I had choices, but nothing would do anything. I know I can read their 100 page patch notes on this, but the fact that a veteran of both ARPGs, talent trees, and several online MMOish games over the last 10+ years can't figure it out at first use.....that just doesn't speak well for this design.
    BAD WOLF

The talents and ability tree is very similar to how WoW is. I suppose I like the more trimmed down ability choices, can't tell yet.

I will say that I'm going to have to spend this whole week just shifting through all of the inventory crap that I have. I'm tempted to just sell it all.

Any major bugs yet? I'll probably update the game when I get home. Main webpage and the forums seem to be down, so I can't see any comments :E

Figured I'd log in and see how things are. Nice to know I can just freely choose what moves I want to use. The traits are just odd and poorly written. If they were going for a WoW-themed trait system, they need to make it less shitty looking or better understanding. Course, I haven't played in like a year and a half so I haven't been keeping up to date with the thousand different stats they've added.

Keep it simple, stupid.

Deleted
    Game reviews on steam seem to have gone down the shithole. Is this update really that bad?

The idea behind the new infinity system aka D3's paragon was good, however they destroyed dmg output of heroes 18mill crits down to 2mill on my main and adding shitty cooldowns on dash/teleports made the game clunky as fuck, not fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    The idea behind the new infinity system aka D3's paragon was good, however they destroyed dmg output of heroes 18mill crits down to 2mill on my main and adding shitty cooldowns on dash/teleports made the game clunky as fuck, not fun at all.
    Did that increase the time to kill, or did mob HP get reduced as a result as well?

Because if mob HP got reduced, that's a fantastic change, IMO. Hate how games over inflate numbers to ludicrous levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did that increase the time to kill, or did mob HP get reduced as a result as well?

Because if mob HP got reduced, that's a fantastic change, IMO. Hate how games over inflate numbers to ludicrous levels.
    Mobs health was nerfed as well. It is tougher but mostly because people need to reevaluate their gear, artis, etc. Also, Heroic difficulty is the old Cosmic and Cosmic is Danger Room Cosmic.

Yea, this is more or less what was on the TC. People who were 'holding off for the big update' kinda did so for nothing. The game is far worse to play now than at any point since launch. In my opinion, this is a massive gameplay and design regression.

My disappoint is such;
    - Damage for most heroes is cut dramatically
    - Stat priorities are no better or worse than before. In some ways, worse because now only 2 stats really matter regardless of hero.
    - Infinity system is brainless. It's not anymore sophisticated or interesting than Diablo 3's paragon system. It's almost the same actually.
    - Itemization changes were largely pointless. Most heroes still want the same stats as before, but now need more of it than before.
    - Movement powers are less fun to use and rather punishing given the layout of some instances. This is no improvement whatsoever and just massively inconveniences the player and makes the game less snappy to play.
    - Difficulty slider is all-over-the-place. With similarly geared heroes having a cakewalk on some settings, while other can barely survive lesser settings.
    - Lots more inventory bloat and do-dad collecting.

Really not a good direction for the game at all. And I think the early dev diaries were either very poorly worded or outright contradictory to what was delivered in gameplay.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-01-21 at 02:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to play again tonight, on my decently geared Captain Marvel. I can't kill anything. They straight up broke the game. Welp, I guess I'll come back in 6 months. Gonna miss it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I tried to play again tonight, on my decently geared Captain Marvel. I can't kill anything. They straight up broke the game. Welp, I guess I'll come back in 6 months. Gonna miss it.
    That doesn't make sense. Because you can't kill anything you are just going to drop it and they instantly broke it. There is a lot to experiment with. If you killed stuff prior to the patch you can kill stuff now.