Quote Originally Posted by Durinur View Post
    It has gotten a lot better since launch, so it's worth redownloading and playing again!
    What has changed?

It was a giant steamy pile of crap wrapped in a Marvel shell at launch.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-09-07 at 06:11 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

My Emma is pretty low level still but she seems absolutely insane. I've one-shot (not hyperbole) almost every boss so far with minion explosion.

Deleted
    Hey all! I played Marvel Heroes during its open beta weekend or something like that and even thou I enjoyed it I had really bad fps issues so I'm yet to test the game since launch. I'd like to know if there's anything new in terms of endgame, and fps fixes

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Amera View Post
    My Emma is pretty low level still but she seems absolutely insane. I've one-shot (not hyperbole) almost every boss so far with minion explosion.
    That ability starts out ridiculous and just gets insane.

Level 6 (or 7), with a point or two in it? 54 second cooldown and hitting mobs for as much 20k or more...

A rank 28 version has a 6 second cooldown, and I've seen high level hits of 130k and higher. There's no other power like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero_Raven View Post
    Hey all! I played Marvel Heroes during its open beta weekend or something like that and even thou I enjoyed it I had really bad fps issues so I'm yet to test the game since launch. I'd like to know if there's anything new in terms of endgame, and fps fixes

Thanks in advance!
    Yeah they are improving performance with every patch, and video options are now WAAAY more detailed than it was, so i am almost sure you will be able to configure setup for you.

As for endgame - recently they added terminals for lvl 60, relics and unique loot( its like legendaries), so farming is more fun now.
    In 1-2 week they promised to release X-Mansion Defense(another end game zone with waves of mobs). Although they wanted it to add much early but decided to release it later for polishing.

I am very surprised how developers listening to its community and adding lots of patches and contents for free. So game is getting really better with every patch.
    Last edited by mmocc6cef94c36; 2013-09-08 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    What has changed?

It was a giant steamy pile of crap wrapped in a Marvel shell at launch.
    The entire defense system saw a large overhaul with patch 1.2. Marvel Heroes went from a very sub-par ARPG to something akin to Diablo 2 in one patch. All gameplay is more controlled, build diversity is available on nearly every hero, and the new Heroic(Nightmare) and Superheroic(Hell) modes are amazing.

Level 60 terminal missions have also been added. Green terminals offer a very mild challenge, while red terminals are now tuned to offer a challenge to everyone. Red terminals can still be grouped for, but a skilled play can now solo them. Midtown Manhattan saw a large update, allowing for a large zone with random encounters and much better distance between mob packs.

Many heroes saw ability overhauls, with nearly every hero having some sort of significant change. Unique items were introduced, and are only available from farming(Non-tradable). Drop rates have been increased across the board, with splinters now dropping no less than every 6 minutes. Splinters can be used to purchase heroes still, or they can be used to purchase 1 random cosmic level item for 42 splinters. This means even if farming doesn't pan out, you can still gain a cosmic or two. The secret cow level has had it's loot buffed and the scroll has been fixed, it is now a one time use item.

In short; this is how the game should have launched.

I have a question about complexity, fun (in your opinion), and strength of current heroes.

~ Thor

~ Ironman

~ Cpt. America

~ Hulk

~ Human Torch

I know its a bit of a list, but thank you to those who take the time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Snip
    Shown in order of strength

Thor- Currently one of the best heroes in the game, he is somewhat complex and allows for multiple different viable builds. He has been pegged as a burst DPS hero, and the develops have stayed true to that. An all around good pick, and enjoyable hero.

Human Torch - I do not own Human Torch, but he is also among the best heroes in the game. He has good survivability, enjoyable gameplay, and decent AoE. His difficulty is also in the medium bracket, not being a 1 click wonder while still not having to worry about many things.

Hulk - Hulk dropped to about the halfway point with the most recent patch, with many heroes in front of him and many behind him. I still thoroughly enjoy him, and currently he has the best AoE in the game. His ability to kill bosses is quite poor, and although mine is well geared it takes longer than should be expected.

Iron Man - A low end hero currently, but very fun. Far more difficult than other heroes, with little reward for proper play. Iron Man is set for a full rework in this months large patch and so leveling him right now isn't a bad idea. The changes that came with 1.2 did make him more enjoyable, but for his price he truly isn't good.

Captain America - A low tier hero as well. Captain America is enjoyable but as a melee character he just doesn't stand up to other heroes. Pre 1.2 he was one of the only heroes that could last through anything. Post 1.2 with the defense changes all heroes are now viable and Captain America no longer fills any kind of niche. He has the best scaling on his basic attacks, but that doesn't make up for his poor AoE, and overall lackluster play. He is among the easiest of the heroes available.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    Shown in order of strength

Thor- Currently one of the best heroes in the game, he is somewhat complex and allows for multiple different viable builds. He has been pegged as a burst DPS hero, and the develops have stayed true to that. An all around good pick, and enjoyable hero.

Human Torch - I do not own Human Torch, but he is also among the best heroes in the game. He has good survivability, enjoyable gameplay, and decent AoE. His difficulty is also in the medium bracket, not being a 1 click wonder while still not having to worry about many things.

Hulk - Hulk dropped to about the halfway point with the most recent patch, with many heroes in front of him and many behind him. I still thoroughly enjoy him, and currently he has the best AoE in the game. His ability to kill bosses is quite poor, and although mine is well geared it takes longer than should be expected.

Iron Man - A low end hero currently, but very fun. Far more difficult than other heroes, with little reward for proper play. Iron Man is set for a full rework in this months large patch and so leveling him right now isn't a bad idea. The changes that came with 1.2 did make him more enjoyable, but for his price he truly isn't good.

Captain America - A low tier hero as well. Captain America is enjoyable but as a melee character he just doesn't stand up to other heroes. Pre 1.2 he was one of the only heroes that could last through anything. Post 1.2 with the defense changes all heroes are now viable and Captain America no longer fills any kind of niche. He has the best scaling on his basic attacks, but that doesn't make up for his poor AoE, and overall lackluster play. He is among the easiest of the heroes available.

I used to play the Scarlet Witch in beta - is she still any good/viable? I remember she used to be trash in single target combat, but excellent aoe.

They gave Scarlet Witch a pretty large update with 1.2, apparently she now has a port akin to Deadpool and is in general a much better hero. I still haven't played mine for a slew of reasons but I have seen here a large amount more in endgame after her changes. People seem happy with her.

Call me when they fucking add squirrel girl

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Call me when they fucking add squirrel girl
    Yeah no lies. Looks like Luke Cage is Septembers update hero, and following that it *should* be Squirrel Girl. It could also be Gambit, but I doubt they would push both Nova and Squirrel Girl behind a Gambit.

Cool, I've always liked thor, I might pick up hulk as well. I guess ironman is getting a rework soon-ish, so I'll look him after that. Thank you Elgand

oh squirrel girl, you are so great but... you are a slut. Someone had to tell you.

So I went ahead & purchased thor and ironman. And I'm enjoying both, but more so thor. Thor is just...so very powerful early on, I assume he stays this strong later on. Just smash aoe for instant kills, then for bosses just use basic attack. I find it pretty rediculous.

Deleted
    1.3 is live! Iron Man rework is so cool, so many builds are viable. Also love his new hovering animation!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    1.3 is live! Iron Man rework is so cool, so many builds are viable. Also love his new hovering animation!
    lol I agree. hes actually fun to play again, although I have a feeling the one-of is going to get the nerfbat

where

is

my

slutty

squirrel girl

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    where

is

my

slutty

squirrel girl
    She's such a tease, isn't she?

She's next last I saw.

They have her forums going already so I would assume she's next.

This ironman rework is great though, unfortunately nothing for cpt america still.