Thread: The Park

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    Mobile orc battle fortress
    Hereby Seconded.

Serioulsy though, a gilnean district would be cool but a chinatown-like pandaren district would be awesome-er.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    They're going to wall it off and let it stop burning. Then just leave it as a testament to Deathwing's power.

I mean where do you expect them to get the dirt to fill that? Dig up part of westfall?
    Yeah, this is what I was thinking too. . .

It's a massive hole in the ground, filled with ocean. Where are people getting the idea it's going to be refilled and rebuilt in *any* architectural style?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No it wouldn't. There would be nothing wrong with adding Kezan City, Zandalar City, Gilneas City, Gnomeregan, West Silvermoon and some more neutral citys. In the end both factions would still have an equal number of citys.
    Even the Roman Empire 2000 years ago had far more big citys than all of Azeroth and Outland combined.
    Kezan is your only example of an additional Horde city, of which is hardly practical because of it's position.
    Zanadalar doesn't work because it isn't Horde at all. West Silvermoon isn't an extra city it's just an extension of an already existing one, not to mention how for comparisons sake the Exodar could receive the same treatment as much of it was damaged but has now been repaired so more is thus inhabitable.

Where do you draw the line with Alliance cities? Dalaran, Kul Tiras, Gilneas, Gnomeregan, Shadowforge City and possibly Stromgarde in the future are all examples of Alliance cities.

It would upset the balance. Add to this that these cities would in all likelihood never get used meaning that their inclusion is purely aesthetical. There is no practicality for the devs to create cities that would never be used.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-01-10 at 08:50 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Where do all Gilneans live these days anyway? They can't possibly all sleep under that same tree in Darnassus...

I'd like to see it become a Gilneas District. The Bildgewater goblins have their own district in Orgrimmar aswell
    They also have a tree in felwood and a small village near the dark portal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekiara View Post
    Yeah, this is what I was thinking too. . .

It's a massive hole in the ground, filled with ocean. Where are people getting the idea it's going to be refilled and rebuilt in *any* architectural style?
    Why shouldn't it? The Japanese create new land at their coastal citys that way all the time.

i like the idea of having a district with all architecture of Gilnean and pandaren
    perhaps even a high elf district
    they ought to fix the canal around the park regardless because ive had problems with SW fishing dailies and that extra space is necessary

10+ Year Old Account
    Why shouldn't it? The Japanese create new land at their coastal citys that way all the time.

Gnomes could accomplish the task quite easily. Hell, goblins terraformed a whole friggin zone into a giant horde symbol, gnomes should be able to backfill a park in their sleep.
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    It would upset the balance. Add to this that these cities would in all likelihood never get used meaning that their inclusion is purely aesthetical.
    There are plenty of citys Horde can get. Zandalar City would be the excuse of a Troll capital. And your last sentence has absolutely no relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Oooh, maybe just have it extended over stilts over the water! It sure wouldn't be that safe, but it would sure look cool!
    Given that a lot of Pandaren architecture already does this (Halfhill inn comes to mind most readily), I can see a lot of strong bamboo being imported to Stormwind in the near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of citys Horde can get. Zandalar City would be the excuse of a Troll capital. And your last sentence has absolutely no relevance.
    How do you figure that "Zandalar City" (Zuldazar) is a horde city? The Zandalari are currently trying to piss off anyone on Azeroth who isn't a troll, horde included. There is also the problem that Deathwing trashed the island it was on, just like Kezan.

10+ Year Old Account
    My last sentence has everything to do with it.
    Why would Blizzard spend their resources on creating cities that would be used by an incredibly small amount of people? Have you seen how many people use the Exodar and Silvermoon? It's next to none, so for Blizzard to spend time and money into something like that again just because a handful of players want it is a big no.

Also as far as we know the Zandalari's city was destroyed in the Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-01-10 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    My last sentence has everything to do with it.
    Why would Blizzard spend their resources on creating cities that would be used by an incredibly small amount of people? Have you seen how many people use the Exodar and Silvermoon? It's next to none, so for Blizzard to time and money into something like that again just because a handful of players want is a big no.
    That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard. No wonder they became so lazy creating new content, because it's people like you who let them get away with it. Just take a look at Dragon Soul, or the Eternal Blossoms portal.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard. No wonder they became so lazy creating new content, because it's people like you who let them get away with it. Just take a look at Dragon Soul, or the Eternal Blossoms portal.
    Look at how Cataclysm's content turned out after they redid the 1-60 zones. They spent a substantial amount of time redoing a part of the game for a very specific part of the playerbase. What you're asking for is that they do it again but for an even smaller part of the playerbase, and by small I mean minute because as I mentioned look at the The Exodar.

I don't let them get away with anything. I bitched like hell in the other thread because they didn't repair the freaking park in the first place. It's just what you're asking for is unreasonable.

In regards to Gilneas I want to see some sort of quest encompassing the Alliance perhaps retaking it. But making it a fully functioning city is just in the end pointless.

Lastly I'd rather be discussing the topic at hand in this thread .
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-01-10 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has nothing to do with Blizz's work ethic, and everything to do with players. Players group up into one major city every expansion. In Wrath it was Dalaran, BC was Sahttrath, Cata was Org/SW, and so forth. Everywhere else is a ghost town. Player go where the most convenience is, and where other players are. No reason for Blizz to make a bunch of other capitol-level towns that no one will hardly ever use, like SM/Exodar and whathaveyou.

Deleted
    Look at how Cataclysm's content turned out after they redid the 1-60 zones. They spent a substantial amount of time redoing a part of the game for a very specific part of the playerbase. What you're asking for is that they do it again but for an even smaller part of the playerbase, and by small I mean minute because as I mentioned look at the The Exodar.

I don't let them get away with anything. I bitched like hell in the other thread because they didn't repair the freaking park in the first place. It's just what you're asking for is unreasonable.

In regards to Gilneas I want to see some sort of quest encompassing the Alliance perhaps retaking it. But making it a fully functioning city is just in the end pointless.
    It's their own fault that citys like Exodar and Silvermoon are empty today. Had they kept all the portals in Dalaran and added all the Ethereals to every city and added one Cataclysm portal into each city instead of all in SW then they would be used by way more people.

I think a Pandaren district would be nice. Either that or a worgen sorta place.

The space is limited for too many representations, so I'd stick with the Gilnean plan. I can see it as a sort of a spiral that goes down to sealevel, where there is an archway and a small dock.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    High Elf district for the new playable race in next expansion. You heard it here first.
    I was originally going to say the long overdue Gilnean district with architecture of their style, not some silly tree for them to go lift their leg at in their worgen form.

But then I read this, and I withdraw my vote in favor of that! Get some of those buildings like at Alleria's Stronghold in Outlands.

It's their own fault that citys like Exodar and Silvermoon are empty today. Had they kept all the portals in Dalaran and added all the Ethereals to every city and added one Cataclysm portal into each city instead of all in SW then they would be used by way more people.
    So the fact that they decided to make 2 new cities for the first expansion of the game, in an instanced zone before they really had the full tech to implement an entire new zone or landmass in the world, makes it their fault?

Okay. By this logic, Mists is contentless, Blizzard has done nothing right, and pigs can apparently fly while snorting cocaine.

OT: 3000TH POST, BITCHES.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    The space is limited for too many representations, so I'd stick with the Gilnean plan. I can see it as a sort of a spiral that goes down to sealevel, where there is an archway and a small dock.
    You have probably the most likely idea. Which is they expand the harbor to fit a new district, and the old park just contains a route down to it and the harbor.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)