Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://stackoverflow.com/ Stack Overflow is a great site for any programmer whether you're beginning or advanced. You should probably learn C++ first then learn Java. Java is based on C languages so once you learn a C language you'll find similarities between the two languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Should probably change it to DirtyLiberal *sempaphore, if you nawwutimsayin.
    Lies and slander! I wash myself thoroughly twice a day!

Also I agree stackoverflow is great. Though I usually just get them via google results.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Lies and slander! I wash myself thoroughly twice a day!

Also I agree stackoverflow is great. Though I usually just get them via google results.
    Yea I totally read those two sentences together and the result wasn't that pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yea I totally read those two sentences together and the result wasn't that pretty.
    ....I don't get it. You are dirty beyond my comprehension D:

I am now going to have strange imagery every time i visit stackoverflow.

Thanks boys, my titties are hard from all the lovely help I am getting! Stackoverflow seems like a great site! ANYMORE?

....I don't get it. You are dirty beyond my comprehension D:
    You know nothing about me!

The best way is to read over your material and try to learn what each part of the code does and why you're writing it like that. College classes are good because you actually have a teacher there going step by step when writing code. Java, Javascript, and C++ are the best ones to start off with and they all basically the same thing just different syntax. You'll hate C++ when you get to header files though, worst thing ever.

http://www.cplusplus.com/

I used this website a lot when I was in college before I graduated. Its always nice having people to help you when you're stuck and I like that most of the people on that site require you to actually put forth the effort and post your code instead of just giving you the answer without you even trying. It also helps to see how other people go about writing code because a lot of people do things differently and it gives you good insight on how you can write code in more efficient ways. Also if you ever need help feel free to pm me, C++ and Java were my two favorite coding languages so I'm pretty good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    You know nothing about me!
    And who's fault is that?!

And who's fault is that?!
    I plead the fifth.

Quote Originally Posted by maddi123 View Post
    Hey boys! I am starting to take my first JAVA and C++ programming class in college and I want to get really good at it! I am sure most of you guys are expert programmers and I want some advice! Whats the best way to learn programming? Can you recommend any good computer science blogs, forums, newspapers, etc where I can say updated and knowledgeable? Any other tips and tricks are welcomed! Thanks for your help!
    Step 1: Open console
    Step 2: Realize you don't know how to open console
    Step 3: Google it
    Step 4: Realize that you don't know why you had to open the console
    Step 5: Assume fetal position on floor
    Step 6: Cry
    Step 7: Realize that programming isn't for me- errr you.

Closing this one for a variety of reasons.