Poll: What is your opinion on this news?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Sadfaceeeee. Bought tickets to see them with Shinedown in February and after listening to some soundclouds I'm not really that fond of Matt's twist to the vocals, might be from listening to Adam for so long, but man it's gonna be at the back of my mind the entire show that "hey this isn't nearly as good as they were". =/

I bought a 3DG album once... cause I couldn't think of anything else and really needed something new to listen to. It was "Life Starts Now"

TBH, IMO Adam Gontier is about the only thing that stood out about 3DG. The instrumentation was pretty generic and nothing spectacular. You take him out of the band and what do you really even have?

Whoever, if anyone at all replaces him... then they have big shoes to fill. He was the only unique or interesting, or truly outstanding part about 3DG.

The good in this is that... if he joins an instrumentally better band? Good lord it could be really awesome actually. He's got a great rock/metal voice.

HAH! I know this would never happen but um.... I WISH Megadeth would call up Adam Gontier & hire him. Dave Mustaine could shut his mouth and just shred his guitar. Megadeth would reach new heights with a legit singer like Adam...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t know those guys, but from the video you linked I can tell that he can easily be replaced. His voice is not unique at all. But if I was a die-hard fan, I would probably be a little wound up. If the lead vocalist from my favorite band retired, I would cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I don’t know those guys, but from the video you linked I can tell that he can easily be replaced. His voice is not unique at all. But if I was a die-hard fan, I would probably be a little wound up. If the lead vocalist from my favorite band retired, I would cry.

His voice really is actually pretty unique, very powerful but not in a hard rock kind of way.