Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Question about having Demo as offspec.
    It's better to stay at 4717 haste cap (main is aff, sadly >_<) in order to respec without reforging or not?
    A lot of people just gem for demonology, while hitting 4717 if you plan to switch in-between specs a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    A lot of people just gem for demonology, while hitting 4717 if you plan to switch in-between specs a lot.
    Yep, i just gemmed for Demo and the only thing i would change was reforging if i had to switch to afflic, i didn't just sit at 4717 for both specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlasgrudge View Post
    So my question is: should I wait for the trinket to come off cooldown before using my other cooldowns again or should I just use Imp Swarm, Blood Fury, and Dark Soul: Knowledge together and manage the cooldown from the trinket independently?
    im not expery demo lock, but from what i've read it's a strong NO on that. delaýing DS for 30 sec isnt worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staffreak View Post
    im not expery demo lock, but from what i've read it's a strong NO on that. delaýing DS for 30 sec isnt worth it.

depends on to many factors to just tell "isnt worth it". In some situation it is, in some it isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Staffreak View Post
    If you want to be sure, if it's a win or loss, to delay cooldowns, make a timeline of them. This works, if you know, how long the encounter will be, eg. when you are struggling at the enrage timer.
    In those cases it can happen, that different cooldowns can only be used the same times, so lining them up may most likely result in a major increase in DPS.
    That's some preperation, you can do before the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question about Glyph of Shadow Bolt:
    Does it affect the dps and procs in general or it's just cosmetic improvement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Question about Glyph of Shadow Bolt:
    Does it affect the dps and procs in general or it's just cosmetic improvement?
    Purely cosmetic. It had an impact during Beta so you might find posts saying it was an improvement, but that was fixed well before release.

Got 2 questions

Which raid encounters Grimoire of Supremacy will win over Grimoire of Service?

Which best way to dps on Wind Lord Meljarak HC? Personally I'm doing it: pre-pot, Imp Swarm, Dark Soul,Hand of Guldan, Felstorm, Corrup at all targets, spam hellfire until i got enough fury to go demon form, after i went demon form, immolation aura, doom at all targets, Carrion Swarm, Void Ray. Back to caster and spam hellfire,Hand of Guldan when ready, 1st burst phase Dark Soul, Grimoire of Service, Felstorm, Hand of Guldan, Demon Form and spam Touch of Chaos. 2nd burst phase pot, Doomguard, Imp Swarm and doing exactly what I did on 1st burst phase. On 3rd burst phase I use Dark Soul and Soul Fire at 25<%.

I'm doing it right or I could change something, Zinnin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    Got 2 questions

Which raid encounters Grimoire of Supremacy will win over Grimoire of Service?

Which best way to dps on Wind Lord Meljarak HC? Personally I'm doing it: pre-pot, Imp Swarm, Dark Soul,Hand of Guldan, Felstorm, Corrup at all targets, spam hellfire until i got enough fury to go demon form, after i went demon form, immolation aura, doom at all targets, Carrion Swarm, Void Ray. Back to caster and spam hellfire,Hand of Guldan when ready, 1st burst phase Dark Soul, Grimoire of Service, Felstorm, Hand of Guldan, Demon Form and spam Touch of Chaos. 2nd burst phase pot, Doomguard, Imp Swarm and doing exactly what I did on 1st burst phase. On 3rd burst phase I use Dark Soul and Soul Fire at 25<%.

I'm doing it right or I could change something, Zinnin?
    For Meljarak, it really depends on when you are getting your burn phases. My guild we get our first and second burn back to back and if I pop everything on the pull get my cooldowns on the 2nd and 3rd, so that is what I do. On the pull I Hellfire for 3-4s, and then HoG, Imp Swarm, GoServ, Hog, DS->Meta, Doom everything and I do my corruptions after all the Doom's are applied. From there its just corruption maintenance and making sure you have max fury before every burn.

As far as GoSup and GoServ on specific fights goes. I was actually talking with depravitty about this last night, but I am starting to get worried that I am losing DPS with GoServ due to pet travel time, so on some fights I think I need to make sure I am positioned better (Sha for instance if your at max range, the actual distance until your pet gets to where it's going to go is a long time). For the most part though I feel like it really depends on personal preferences, there are very good parses for both talents on all the fights.

We hero during first burn, so I always have Soul fire x 10 up, ready to go, and with a cast time of 1.4 secs, I thought it was more beneficial to use soul fire during reckness phases with hero?

Quote Originally Posted by lichanator View Post
    We hero during first burn, so I always have Soul fire x 10 up, ready to go, and with a cast time of 1.4 secs, I thought it was more beneficial to use soul fire during reckness phases with hero?
    I have seen it done both ways some parses only have ToC cast during burns some with Soulfires, but i personally use soulfires over ToC in that situation because of all the MC procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Purely cosmetic. It had an impact during Beta so you might find posts saying it was an improvement, but that was fixed well before release.
    Not completely. For trinket procs etc it works just as the normal shadow bolt.
    But in terms of crit or noncrit it flattens the RNG a little bit, because every of those events is calculated indepenantly per shadow bolt.
    Yet it is neither a DPS in- or decrease, if you shoot an infinite or to stay realistic, a very high amout of them.
    (for any questions look up expected value in probability theory, I don't know, if I can explain it correctly in English as it is not my nativ language.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    not entirely cosmetic, each hit assumes the hit cap you are currently sitting at - theoretically you could gain/lose dps if you are under hit cap and you're using it (it's what some people did VEEEEEEEEEERRRY early expansion before they were able to get hit cap) though now i wouldnt recommend using it for that reason :P

The best thing about it is that more instances means RNG gets smoothed out. You're less likely to have a good/bad streak. Plus, each hit would have a chance to proc any trinkets/etc.

Well, assuming each hit still counts separately. I haven't been keeping up with Demo beyond major changes, so I'm not sure if this is what Jessicka is referring to by it having been fixed.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    The best thing about it is that more instances means RNG gets smoothed out. You're less likely to have a good/bad streak. Plus, each hit would have a chance to proc any trinkets/etc.

Well, assuming each hit still counts separately. I haven't been keeping up with Demo beyond major changes, so I'm not sure if this is what Jessicka is referring to by it having been fixed.
    I believe things only have a chance of proccing from the first of the 3 shadow bolts, I also believe that it was tested and proven with stacking trinkets, with every cast only giving 1 stack instead of 3. I could be wrong, but this is how I believe it to work.

Ah, good to know
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lichanator View Post
    Since you should be sitting on a near infinite supply of MC procs, there is no reason to use ToC over SF on reckness phases.

Is it worth me sticking to the 4717 haste cap? Or am I better off going all out crit or mastery?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLisi1982 View Post
    Is it worth me sticking to the 4717 haste cap? Or am I better off going all out crit or mastery?

3036 Haste with all out Mastery after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    3036 Haste with all out Mastery after that.
    So not crit like Zinnin says in the original post? And I guess the 3036 is to get the extra tick from Doom then? If I refresh doom with say 20 seconds to go, with Pandemic it adds to the duration, do I loose that tick? do I only get the extra tick if it goes for the full duration and then drops off?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock