10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    If in meta how do you spend fury with no MC procs and a 100% crit Corr?
    You don't. Keep in mind that 100% crit Corruption is FAR less valuable then a 100% crit Doom and it being 100% crit doesn't always mean it is the most powerful you can get it. Just keep an eye out on Affdots, if corruption is pretty powerful think about spending fury at another time if your afraid of weakening it. That said Corruption is a very low source of damage for us at the moment and I would be more concerned with spending fury well, and not trying to buff corruption as much as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I've been brushing up on my demo and I'm curious about rolling 100% crit Corruption's as well as Dooms. Is the idea not to override it with ToC after Corr gets rolling? If in meta how do you spend fury with no MC procs and a 100% crit Corr?
    Corruption isn't a major source of damage and is more used for its fury generation than anything so you don't need to pay any special attention to keeping up a 100% corruption. Now, if I am not that high on fury when UVLS procs I typically go into meta and hit doom (or two depending on its current duration) then add a toc or two and pop out of meta. This way I can let corruption get a few crits off while I build up fury but otherwise I spend very little time worrying about corruptions damage. Also, keep in mind the entire reason behind doom crits has nothing to do with the damage from doom itself (why the glyph of EA is a dps gain) and everything to do with the fact that every crit tick of doom spawns an imp (we are after the imps).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I've just been using

#showtooltip Doom
    /stopcasting
    /cast [nostance] Metamorphosis
    /cast [stance:1 target=mouseover] Doom

For my doom on council, not sure if it's optimal - but it's what I've been using alongside SUF (which I'm not usually a fan of, but I'm weened into them enough to use for encounters that the boss frame / dot tracking shines on, like council).
    For some reason this macro does work for me. It will only cast Doom on current target and the mouseover part won't work. Any ideas?

Is the legendary meta a big DPS boost for demo? Any spells I should prio when it's active or does it not matter at all?

7 more damn secrets before I have it..
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

The legendary meta is a big boost though not as large as affliction. Pretty sure Spark calculated it in another thread but run some sims with/without if you want to see what it means at your gearing/reforging level. It also allows for some gaming of imp swarm CD and a stronger opener provided your raid waits long enough for RPPM protection to kick in (about 3 mins). If possible I try to use cast time spells when its up since it theoretically benefits ToC far less. (yeah it reduces the gcd between ToC's but you know what I mean...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellex View Post
    For some reason this macro does work for me. It will only cast Doom on current target and the mouseover part won't work. Any ideas?
    #showtooltip Doom
    /stopcasting
    /cast [stance:0] Metamorphosis
    /cast [@mouseover] Corruption

Should work that way...

Deleted
    Works now, thanks!

Demonology sustained 7+ target AoE is taking a substantial nerf due to Void Ray no longer extending Corruption. That's a ton of lost Fury and a bit of lost damage.

So I see affdots as an addon, It looks very similar to DKdiseases however the one thing it's not doing directly is showing multidot times and buffs(I know you can tab target and see, but I am a new lock im not that experienced with the timer on multiple enemies). I just got the LFR lei shen trinket, and want an addon that can track its procs and if possible track dots on multiple targets(that I can click on the dot and it will give me that specific target.) OR at least two separate addons to do the trick. Affdots will get downloaded though as I LOVE DKDiseases for my DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Demonology sustained 7+ target AoE is taking a substantial nerf due to Void Ray no longer extending Corruption. That's a ton of lost Fury and a bit of lost damage.
    I imagine harvest life will be a nice substitute on sustained then, since it's already better for most burst situations. I guess we'll see if there's any Wind Lord fights in siege.

Nevermind, im just stupid.
    Last edited by valliant13; 2013-06-20 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    I imagine harvest life will be a nice substitute on sustained then, since it's already better for most burst situations. I guess we'll see if there's any Wind Lord fights in siege.
    Currently, sustained 7+ target AoE consists of DoTing everything with Corruption, getting as many Crit Dooms up as possible, filling the rest with normal Doom, Void Ray spam until Corruption is at max duration, Immolation Aura and Harvest Life.

What we lose from that is the ability to keep Corruption up indefinitely by swapping from Harvest Life to Void Ray for a few seconds. Void Ray isn't something we do for damage (And an extra 4% from Spell Power isn't going to change that), its something we do for Fury generation via Corruption.

Edit: To illustrate my point, Fury gains from 8 target AoE for Demonology:

Last edited by Teye; 2013-06-20 at 04:20 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has to be an unintended change when they were trying to work around the initial KJC change for Affliction. It simply makes no sense to remove the "duration increase" component of Void Ray. It's not a spell you use on the move, it's only real niche was for increasing Corruption duration on sustained AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Xploits View Post
    It has to be an unintended change when they were trying to work around the initial KJC change for Affliction. It simply makes no sense to remove the "duration increase" component of Void Ray. It's not a spell you use on the move, it's only real niche was for increasing Corruption duration on sustained AoE.
    It was intended. They need to be reminded of how our AoE rotation works, and how big of a nerf this is. Cry on the forums, my fellow Warlocks, GO!

I actually tweeted GC about that this morning. Beyond even removing its ability to refresh, it was being made obsolete with T16 4 piece set bonus. Nobody would be using Void ray over an 8% change to proc HoG in muti AoE situations, they'd simply tab target ToC to extend corruption AND proc 4p.

He replied and agrees it was in an awkward spot and they may add a glyph to bring back the corruption refresh mechanic forth both spells.

Void rays liniar nature is terrible, and its hard to reliably hit mobs even when they are stacking 2 inches from your face. I would not be sad to see the spell go, but the refresh mechanic is still required. I would like to see it added to Carrion Swarm which is already limited by a cooldown and has a working conal range vs the stupid linear one.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Void rays liniar nature is terrible, and its hard to reliably hit mobs even when they are stacking 2 inches from your face. I would not be sad to see the spell go, but the refresh mechanic is still required. I would like to see it added to Carrion Swarm which is already limited by a cooldown and has a working conal range vs the stupid linear one.
    Adding the refresh to Carrion Swarm for the sake of Demonology DPS might be worth tweeting him about, but it would need to extend the duration by more than Void Ray does, or it would still fall of after 1 or 2 casts.

He responded to Alarinth about Void Ray:
    Craig Pink @_Craig_P
    @Ghostcrawler Removal of Cor extending and new 4p t16, void ray is quickly becoming an obsolete spell that was already in an awkward place.

Greg Street @Ghostcrawler
    @_Craig_P Void Ray is super awkward. Could just be Fel Flame with another visual. Not sure yet.

Alarinth @Alarinth
    @Ghostcrawler @_Craig_P Please, please, please do NOT remove Void Ray. Demo Multidoting will become an absolute QoL nightmare I don't want.

Greg Street @Ghostcrawler
    @Alarinth @_Craig_P if we remove the dot refresh (both spells) we might add it back via glyph.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Adding the refresh to Carrion Swarm for the sake of Demonology DPS might be worth tweeting him about, but it would need to extend the duration by more than Void Ray does, or it would still fall of after 1 or 2 casts.
    I did send that suggestion his way in a reply to his follow up to myself and Alarinth, though for some reason does not show up in that tweet thread.

Cry on the forums, my fellow Warlocks, GO!
    it worked, it worked! Pfew, I got real anxious there for a minute.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    it worked, it worked! Pfew, I got real anxious there for a minute.
    What did he respond with?