[fury] Execute phase priorities

I'm not entirely sure what I should do during execute phase. I've seen and tried two different ways to go about it:

1. BT on CD, CS on CD, execute whenever rage is available.
    2. Same priority list as >20%, building up 120 rage for CS and going for execute x4 during CS. Drop wildstrike completely, and execute to bleed off excess rage instead.

This assumes no rage income from zerker stance.

I don't really know which way is best. Having tried both, the end result seems to be rather similar and subject to crit rng on execute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what I should do during execute phase. I've seen and tried two different ways to go about it:

1. BT on CD, CS on CD, execute whenever rage is available.
    2. Same priority list as >20%, building up 120 rage for CS and going for execute x4 during CS. Drop wildstrike completely, and execute to bleed off excess rage instead.

This assumes no rage income from zerker stance.

I don't really know which way is best. Having tried both, the end result seems to be rather similar and subject to crit rng on execute.
    number 2, becuase I said so. How fury plays now is we need to maximize our efficiency of our spells, since we aren't swimming in rage we can't execute whenever we have the rage and still get 4 executes in a CS. so its better to BT on cd, RB (wild strike in 5.2 as well) whenever you get it and execute @90+ rage (less if you are uncomfortable going that high and risking cap) and when you get to CS dump as many executes as you can.

The DPR of RB is higher than the DPR of Execute, and the DPR of Execute is higher than the DPR of any other spell we have.
    So outside of a CS, BT on cd, RB when available (no reason to delay a RB at <20%) and Exec to dump rage.

The DPE of Execute is higher than anything else.
    So you want to have 120 rage when CS is up and use 4 Execute during the CS window.

Below 20%, you never use WS (even during a Bloodsurge proc, which may change at 5.2) or HS. Obviously, you still use Heroic Throw and Dragon Roar.

Edit : And - but you should already to this above 20% - pay attention to Enraged debuff. If you have to dump rage between two CS, you want to do it while Enraged. But you may want to save Rage Berserker for the CS. Nothing deals more damage (as a warrior) that 4 Execute during an enraged-cs.
    Last edited by Senen; 2013-01-11 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they maintain the Wild Strike changes there is really no hesitation to say that it will definitely change.

It's common sense really.

For 0 rage outside of CS, would you not use an ability or use 3 Wild Strikes?

Just weave it between BT's while rage pooling.
    Roseby - Fury/Arms Warrior
    Jobei - Elemental Shaman

Requiel's #1 Fan.

I said "it may change" because we can't know for sure that we'll have this new Bloodsurge which makes WS cost no rage. If they extend the duration of the Bloodsurge buff (and GC already said that they will), I doesn't seem necessary to reduce the cost of WS to 0.

So yeah, ofc, if this change is still there as 5.2 is released, we'll use WS with BS proc.