Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    But you were a kid and that is what counts.
    Everyone has/had his/her flaws, I guess.

Also, I did leave my house quite rarely, even when I was younger - so at least, people didn't have to bear me too often.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-01-11 at 08:31 PM.

damn kids! I remember when i was a kid. i hated the kids around me back then because they were stupid. I hate the adults around me now because they are stupid but I have to work with them.

I don't mind kids of people I know, because I can interact with them without it being weird...

Example:

Talking about pokemon with a friends kid = cool.
    Talking about pokemon with a strangers kid = pedophile.

Stop my little brother from doing something obnoxious in public = responsible adult.
    Stop strangers kid from doing something obnoxious in public = asshole.

That being said I will never ever have children but only because I do not think I would make a good parent.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

I dislike kids on public transport, I mean maybe it's just me but a car would be one of the things on my must have list before considering children.

I don't think its really kids as the fact that so many parents are terrible at raising them anymore.

I loathe babies because of the constant crying/screaming.
    I hate kids because you can't reason with them. They have no logic (usually).

And yes, I hated kids when I was a kid.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of selective intolerance in this thread is amazing. If I stated that I hated or 'strongly disliked' black people because they are loud, talk through movies, or [insert racial stereotype here] there would be a MMO-C shit storm/threadlock/ban/whatever. Yet a segment of the population that probably deserves more of our understanding and patience gets the least of it. Seems like a pretty big double standard to me.

It's because it's socially unacceptable to not like kids, you can't atleast not admit it at your working place for example, i hate coworkers who keep nagging about their children as if they're everything in the world to them, GET A LIFE.

Therefor an anonymous forum like this is the perfect place to vent your anger towards kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.

guess who said this and how long ago he lived
    One of the Greek philosophers millennia ago if I remember right. Simply because it occurred then does not mean it cannot be true now.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the kid/parent(s) of the kid. Many of them are nice, but some are annoying/rude as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    They are annoying everyone on the internet
    Honestly this would be my answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

I don't necesarrily hate them that I would go out in the world and kill them, I just find them really annoying. I was really annoying when I was little and I see why kids irked adults.
    They just a handful of brats that need constant child-rearing/attention.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorondil View Post
    It's because it's socially unacceptable to not like kids, you can't atleast not admit it at your working place for example, i hate coworkers who keep nagging about their children as if they're everything in the world to them, GET A LIFE.

Therefor an anonymous forum like this is the perfect place to vent your anger towards kids.
    Non sequitur argument is non sequitur. Anger toward children because coworkers can't shutup about their own children makes no sense. Just like anger/dislike/hate toward children in general because of the actions (or inaction) of their parents.

There are lots of socially unacceptable things that would get shut down on this forum before the first page was filled. So certain things are socially unacceptable, but ok on this forum, while others are not? Double standard still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I hate kids that are little brats with no manners, which means I hate their parents just as much. Kids that are well behaved, I have no problems at all with.
    This is pretty much exactly how I feel. You find nice, well behaved children and they are actually fun and pretty easy to deal with. Horrible, spoiled rotten, rude children who think the world should bow down at their feet even at a young age are despicable. The latter is more prevalent in my experiences over the years.

I came from an extremely strict family where if you didn't act right in public (any place outside of the home), we no longer went places. That happened exactly one time for me and my sister to get the point. I see so many things that children do out in public that I would be taken to the bathroom, spanked, punished at home even further, and then mostly likely not allowed to step foot outside for a solid month and they get away with it completely scott-free (Like children hitting parents, I'm not even talking a 3 year old doing it and learning. I've seen 10-12 year olds and older do this).

I have a 5 month old daughter and even when dealing with other people's children, I cannot handle it for more than an hour tops. I absolutely dislike children in general, except for my own. I know plenty of other parents who feel this way as well. I am just not a kid person, though I wanted a child of my own. I also have way higher expectations of how my child will be reared and will expect her to behave properly or face dire consequences in the future.
    Last edited by Melodi; 2013-01-11 at 09:03 PM.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Non sequitur argument is non sequitur. Anger toward children because coworkers can't shutup about their own children makes no sense. Just like anger/dislike/hate toward children in general because of the actions (or inaction) of their parents.

There are lots of socially unacceptable things that would get shut down on this forum before the first page was filled. So certain things are socially unacceptable, but ok on this forum, while others are not? Double standard still stands.
    I've never been socially berated for stating out loud in public that that person's child is being annoying or by telling the parent's of the loud child in a movie theater that they need to quiet their child or leave. I don't make up what society chooses to be socially unacceptable of, but I also don't see any taboo in socially talking bad about children. At least not to the level that it's unacceptable to talk about black people in the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I mean, I see people on these forums talking about kids and babys like they are sent from Hell to make their lives miserable.

I am a teacher in training and honestly wtf is wrong with people saying such bad stuff about children. :O

You were a kid too you know.

Of course they can be annoying be they can also be endearing and nice + polite.

Often times I am stunned by what they score on certain tests which I have to check.

And I am a man by the way, so no stereotypical woman who is crazy about kids.
    i think it is more of frustration of "why the F*** are you dam kids acting out like they are Honey Boo Boo on acid" i don't hate kids...i hate kids that act like spoiled douchebags due to lack of parenting. I think people just hate kids that go ape-shit crazy and their parents do nothing about it vs actually hating all kids

Deleted
    I don't hate kids. I hate kids that have shit parents that don't have the slightest clue how to teach their kids respect, or just general social manners.
    Sure, it's not their fault, they're only children, doesn't stop them from being bloody annoying though :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I fear for my sisters kid (3 years old now). I see her trying hard to raise him well, but I think she (and her husband) are doing a few mistakes. They have never hit the kid (I'm sure of this), no matter what he does, and always try to talk sense into him. This is good, but they threaten (take away toys, no dessert, etc.) the kid when he is doing something bad WAY too often without actually doing anything. The kid doesn't give a fuck, they aren't going to do anything anyway, except maybe give a hard speech about not doing it in the future.

Think a few slaps would be in order the next time he goes berserk. Maybe he would think twice about not hitting his mother (doesn't do it often, luckily) when he has experienced what being hit actually feels like.
    Last edited by Santti; 2013-01-11 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kids are great, I just don't want any.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

10+ Year Old Account
    their whining and crying grates on my nerves.